68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

Quote from: 68_427 on January 10, 2017, 05:54:43 AM
Gonna run adapters?

??? No, they fit. 5x114.3, just like the brz. Offset and everything is good too. Only issue is front fender clearance. They're a bit wide for the S2000. Just need to do a slight fender roll
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MrH on January 10, 2017, 06:00:31 AM
??? No, they fit. 5x114.3, just like the brz. Offset and everything is good too. Only issue is front fender clearance. They're a bit wide for the S2000. Just need to do a slight fender roll

EZ fix

Regarding new LS..... I can't unsee this. Just put your thumb over the bumper. Personally I like the Buick more

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

68_427

Quote from: MrH on January 10, 2017, 06:00:31 AM

BRZ is 5x100
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 10, 2017, 06:17:44 AM
EZ fix

Regarding new LS..... I can't unsee this. Just put your thumb over the bumper. Personally I like the Buick more

In the real life pics the LS looks 10x more expensive
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

2o6

I, for one, love the individuality and apologetically Japanese feel that modern Lexuses are putting out. I think Cadillac is trying to chase BMW and MB and their brand identity is lost.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on January 10, 2017, 07:47:51 AM
I think Cadillac is trying to chase BMW and MB and their brand identity is lost.
Been saying this for years breh. People who want a BMW will buy a BMW... the lease rates are obscene right now. Lincoln has it 99% right with the new Continental (needs more flat screen + bucking of conventional layout in the dash).... I think America is ready for the return of the Fleetwood, but it's gotta be 110% right.

MrH

I, for one, love the individuality and apologetically Japanese feel that modern Lexuses are putting out. I think Cadillac is trying to chase BMW and MB and their brand identity is lost.

Yeah, I'm loving the new Lexuses too.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

It's a little busy for my tastes, but I'd rock it

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

12,000 RPM

I prefer the current one. I really hate the C pillar area, current one has a nice enough interior

veeman

I think this new Lexus looks great but what makes it have a Japanese feel?  When I think Japanese I think minimal, really low to the ground seating, asymmetric design using three points (ikebana), and vases with Japanese script and Geisha girls.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: veeman on January 10, 2017, 05:31:50 PM
I think this new Lexus looks great but what makes it have a Japanese feel?  When I think Japanese I think minimal, really low to the ground seating, asymmetric design using three points (ikebana), and vases with Japanese script and Geisha girls.
The interior design is pure late 70s Marantz amp

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Char

Easily the best car in it's class. Nothing else will come close - but chrome is gross and those wheels look terrible.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Galaxy

Quote from: veeman on January 10, 2017, 05:31:50 PM

That is what I was going to ask. The RX-7 concept with it's minimalist interior seems more Japanese to me.

Char

Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

68_427

Quote from: Char on January 11, 2017, 03:40:42 PM
Show me others, those look terrible.

We haven't seen hem yet, but the article states two 19" designs and three 20", with three of the designs (don't know which) having hollowed spokes designed to absorb energy from uneven surfaces and harsh bumps.  I personally think the ones show would look better if they weren't chromed, but I don't really have a problem with them at all right now because I want to sex this car for some reason. 
'racecar is die'
no

cawimmer430

Although I am not a Lexus fan, the LS460/600h was handsome and elegant and totally inoffensive. This seems like an extremely radical departure from what LS buyers want and/or expect. The design seems bizarre to me, inside and out.

Does anyone else get the impression that this LS is confused? I mean it tries to be many things at the same time - very sporty and also very comfortable. Unless Lexus has figured out a way to setup a suspension in such a way to make this possible, I don't think this car can be very good at either. There will always be a trade-off and compromise to balance sport and comfort in a car. Obviously this is speculation because we have to wait what the reviews will say. Maybe the car can pull it off.

I've been reading some comments about the new LS online (not that this means anything since most people wouldn't buy one anyway) and the reactions are predominantly negative. Most reactions are criticizing the bizarre design and the lack of a V8. It's interesting how people are dismissing this impressive V6 because it lacks two extra cylinders. But in a way their comments are justified since the V8 seems like a must-have-option in the US luxury market.

By the way, here are some interesting comments about the new LS. In particular this part of the article stood out.

Do you think Lexus of old would have displayed its flagship model with terrible trim fitment? That's not even close to aligning, and it makes me sad. Of course, this is a pre-production model and not a definite indicator of finalized product, but either someone was rushing or didn't give a crap — or perhaps both.

So there it is, on display: Lexus LS trim fitment that's similar to a Ford Edge.

Link: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/qotd-whats-your-take-on-this-new-sporty-lexus-ls/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

I really hate that C pillar. Panamera does the same treatment a million times better.

I much prefer the sharp edged square shouldered current gen as well. In facelifted short wheelbase F-Sport trim it's up with the E65 7 series in terms of great full size luxury sedan designs for me.

I'm confused WRT the massive investment in this segment anyway from non Mercedes players (Lexus, BMW and Genesis have all come out with new entrants in the last 12 months).... the segment is in sales freefall; people are moving to more profitable and versatile luxury SUVs.

2o6

Auto journalists can walk it off a fuckin cliff complaining about fit and finish on a show car.

Show cars at auto shows are handmade, and usually arent designed to be sit in or really stroked. Materials aren't final. Things may not fit right.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on January 12, 2017, 07:19:36 AM
I really hate that C pillar. Panamera does the same treatment a million times better.

I much prefer the sharp edged square shouldered current gen as well. In facelifted short wheelbase F-Sport trim it's up with the E65 7 series in terms of great full size luxury sedan designs for me.

I'm confused WRT the massive investment in this segment anyway from non Mercedes players (Lexus, BMW and Genesis have all come out with new entrants in the last 12 months).... the segment is in sales freefall; people are moving to more profitable and versatile luxury SUVs.

The 7-series I don't think is all new, or didn't require as much investment as years past. The new 7 series is basically a long, restyled 5-series.

68_427

No the new 7 is based on the new carbon core architecture, like the upcoming 5 series?
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

2o6

It's amorizised against the 5 series, is what I was getting at

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on January 12, 2017, 10:27:48 AM
It's amorizised against the 5 series, is what I was getting at
That is tanking in sales too

X5/X6 is up though I guess.

Submariner

Quote from: 2o6 on January 12, 2017, 07:38:55 AM
Auto journalists can walk it off a fuckin cliff complaining about fit and finish on a show car.

Show cars at auto shows are handmade, and usually arent designed to be sit in or really stroked. Materials aren't final. Things may not fit right.

The 7-series I don't think is all new, or didn't require as much investment as years past. The new 7 series is basically a long, restyled 5-series.

I don't think that misalignment would have made the cut for the LS400's 1990 debut...

The entire treatment looks a bit off...almost as if the entire treatment from the mid-rear door to the top of the kink is misaligned.  It could be poor photography, but it doesn't look very good, even in press photos. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550