***Today's Shoot: 2005 Deutz-Fahr Agrotron MK 3 100

Started by cawimmer430, April 28, 2017, 01:14:36 PM

cawimmer430

A natural light shoot (no artificial light used whatsoever) with a tractor! Rode with the owner into a forest. This tractor has a 4-l 4-cylinder unit-injector diesel engine with 105-horsepower and gobs of torque and a 20-speed transmission (15 forward, 5 reverse). Was fun!

Oh, and it's almost May but it's been snowing like hell here...  :cry:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

Nice tractor. also it's 90 degrees F/32.2 C here today.

FoMoJo

Just curious, what was the purpose of the shoot; the guy wanted pictures of his tractor, was he planning to sell it?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 28, 2017, 01:28:32 PM
mmmm square spoke wheels

And that thing had zero suspension... rock hard ride. Very uncomfortable. :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 28, 2017, 03:06:59 PM
Just curious, what was the purpose of the shoot; the guy wanted pictures of his tractor, was he planning to sell it?

Actually the owner is a buddy of mine who has a wood business. I'm planning on applying at a few tractor/classic tractor magazines as a photographer, so adding some tractors to my portfolio will help.

I have another shoot planned with him and his tractor once the weather gets better.

Another friend of mine has a Lamborghini tractor, and he's cool with me coming over and shooting it.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 28, 2017, 03:06:59 PM

That was my first question as well. :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 28, 2017, 04:20:00 PM
Actually the owner is a buddy of mine who has a wood business. I'm planning on applying at a few tractor/classic tractor magazines as a photographer, so adding some tractors to my portfolio will help.

I have another shoot planned with him and his tractor once the weather gets better.

Another friend of mine has a Lamborghini tractor, and he's cool with me coming over and shooting it.  :ohyeah:
Growing up on a farm, I've always had an interest in tractors, especially older models.  Love tractor pulls.  Not sure if you have them over there.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 29, 2017, 08:01:23 AM
Growing up on a farm, I've always had an interest in tractors, especially older models.  Love tractor pulls.  Not sure if you have them over there.

I don't think our farmers / tractor enthusiasts are that crazy to have their beloved classic tractor doing fun stuff like that! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 29, 2017, 08:40:24 AM
I don't think our farmers / tractor enthusiasts are that crazy to have their beloved classic tractor doing fun stuff like that! :lol:
It's a lot of fun to watch.  This is one of the small town events I used to go to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqg57yWuhlU

Once the turbos spool up on some of the bigger diesels, you can feel the ground shake.

giant_mtb

I wanna be the dude operating the sled. I wonder how those work.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 29, 2017, 10:47:25 AM
It's a lot of fun to watch.  This is one of the small town events I used to go to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqg57yWuhlU

Once the turbos spool up on some of the bigger diesels, you can feel the ground shake.

Jesus!  :mask:

Stuff like that would so be illegal in fun-hating Germany.  :lol:

The TÜV would bitch about the technical setup and the pollution etc. This is Germany; technically you need to be insured if you want to use a restroom here!  :facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550