The male dilemma

Started by Morris Minor, May 01, 2017, 10:58:41 AM

Laconian

You know what's funny? Colonoscopies are unnecessary. In Europe, you bag up your poop and take it to the doctor. The data they get is just as good as having a big long snake up your butt. It's very cost effective and SO much safer. The reason it's not common in the states? Because Americans are grossed out by poop. Ask your doctor about fecal immunochemical testing the next time he wants to know what's up with your bum.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

Quote from: Laconian on May 15, 2017, 02:23:05 PM
You know what's funny? Colonoscopies are unnecessary. In Europe, you bag up your poop and take it to the doctor. The data they get is just as good as having a big long snake up your butt. It's very cost effective and SO much safer. The reason it's not common in the states? Because Americans are grossed out by poop. Ask your doctor about fecal immunochemical testing the next time he wants to know what's up with your bum.

I've been seeing commercials on TV for a service like that here in the states.  Can't remember the name of it, but it's becoming a thing, I believe.

FoMoJo

Here, they send us a kit in the mail and we just mail it back to them, with the poop.  Not particularly fun, but better than the alternative.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 15, 2017, 03:17:19 PM
Here, they send us a kit in the mail and we just mail it back to them, with the poop.  Not particularly fun, but better than the alternative.

Poor mailmen
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 15, 2017, 03:18:43 PM
Poor mailmen

Ehh. I've been mailing my poop to people for years.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MX793

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 15, 2017, 02:25:27 PM
I've been seeing commercials on TV for a service like that here in the states.  Can't remember the name of it, but it's becoming a thing, I believe.

Yeah, I've been seeing them too.  Coloscan or something like that.  It's apparently only for people with normal or below normal risk.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 15, 2017, 07:02:10 AM
They are - umm - unusual-looking. But I've seen a few and they're growing on me. I think they'll sell well. Did you notice the fake seam between the bed & the cab? :lol:

Yeah, that's awesome. :lol:
Will

Rupert

Quote from: Morris Minor on May 15, 2017, 07:03:45 AM
Yup. Starting age 40 if you're black, 50 for the rest. Not an annual ritual I enjoy.

40 for me, runs in the family.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

12,000 RPM

This is weird because vets have no problem handling animal poop. This proved to be quite the task when our young one was in her poop eating phase.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

dazzleman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 16, 2017, 06:30:12 PM
This is weird because vets have no problem handling animal poop. This proved to be quite the task when our young one was in her poop eating phase.

Nattie still does it on occasion.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Morris Minor

You gotta respect dogs; they'll just gorge on almost anything, puke it up/shit it out, continue the cycle.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

MrH

Back to the thread:  Yeah, I think a CX-5 is probably the least girly.  But of my group of college friends, this is what all the wives drive:

2 CX-5s, 2 CR-Vs, Rav4, Tuscon.

This is what the men drive:

2 Accords, Mazda6, Mazda3, Civic.  Then me with the 4Runner and S2000.

My brother drives a Rav4 though.  It is kind of girly looking :huh:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

GoCougs

I've heard this from some doctor friends too - Europe to the rescue! I will NEVER submit to a colonoscopy. So dangerous - from the general anesthesia to the fact endoscope is reused (and if not cleaned property it will basically kill the patient). It's all so disgusting. I'm not a scat fan, but if I have to, I will.

I was working with a client in Redmond that has invented an endoscope with a diameter not much bigger than a toothpick, and it's cheap enough that it's disposable after one use. Their first target market is arteries to inspect after a stroke or heart attack. Anyway, very slick, and that might make the process more palatable.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

shp4man

I've had two colonoscopies (both OK). I'm not dead yet.  :huh:

Char

Nothing manly about an Car based SUV.

Buy a car, unless you want to be a girly man.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Char on May 18, 2017, 06:51:38 AM

Weren't you rockin a mini van a while ago?

RomanChariot

Quote from: Char on May 18, 2017, 06:51:38 AM

I'm man enough to drive whatever suits my needs, whenever I want and wherever I want. I quit caring about what other people think of my cars a long time ago. I've had a ton of fun in cars that other people would laugh at.

Morris Minor

How they do things in the UK:
https://youtu.be/iqV3_J-andE
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Lebowski

I don't think the escape is that girly.