All-New Lincoln Navigator Starts From $72,055, Extended Version Joins The Family

Started by cawimmer430, June 20, 2017, 11:53:56 AM

cawimmer430

Tell your rapper friends about it!  :tounge:

All-New Lincoln Navigator Starts From $72,055, Extended Version Joins The Family

After its debut at the 2017 New York Auto Show, the new generation Lincoln Navigator is set to arrive in dealerships this fall.

Prices for the most 'humble' grade start from $72,055, but customers that find it somewhat "small" should know that an even larger, 'Extended' version has now joined the lineup.

It's almost one foot (30cm) longer than the regular model, which translates not only into a more spacious interior, with legroom increasing by 10in (25cm) courtesy of the extended wheelbase, but also into what Ford's premium brand describes as segment-leading boot space, behind the second row of seats.

As expected, the 2018 Lincoln Navigator Extended is more expensive than the regular model, and it will set its future customers back for at least $80,750. However, besides the obvious difference in size, the former comes with 22-inch wheels, compared to the 20-inch ones available on the latter. Moreover, checking some boxes from the options list, while also selecting the Black Label L trim, which starts from $96,905, could easily make this SUV pass the $100,000 barrier.

Lincoln also offers a new Destination interior trim for the Black Label L top-of-the-line grade, which was inspired by vintage luggage - adding Mahogany Red Venetian leather and khaya wood laser-etched appliqués. Buyers can also opt for other themes, such as the Chalet and Yacht Club.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/06/all-new-lincoln-navigator-starts-from.html
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Xer0

That interior is hot as fuck.  Bodes well for Lincoln if that is what they will be applying to their cars going forward.

FoMoJo

Many cows were sacrificed for that interior.

Still like the front end.  Blunt, but imposing.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Xer0 on June 20, 2017, 09:44:22 PM
That interior is hot as fuck.  Bodes well for Lincoln if that is what they will be applying to their cars going forward.

I love the throwbacks to past American luxury - those big padded seats, the wood selection, even the color of the leather. I like that new Lincolns are emulating European luxury less and drawing on their own heritage more

RomanChariot

I don't like the wheels and the grill is a little much but I like the shape and the interior is cool.

BimmerM3

That interior would look amazing with less-red brown, but the color in the images is hideous IMO.

SVT_Power

Quote from: BimmerM3 on June 21, 2017, 01:24:47 PM
That interior would look amazing with less-red brown, but the color in the images is hideous IMO.

It's definitely not a typical luxo interior color, but I think it's very cool as a throwback to American luxury cars interiors even as late as the 80's.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

BimmerM3

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 21, 2017, 02:05:57 PM
It's definitely not a typical luxo interior color, but I think it's very cool as a throwback to American luxury cars interiors even as late as the 80's.

lol that's exactly the problem. It's an era that should not be thrown back to.

giant_mtb

2o6

Quote from: BimmerM3 on June 21, 2017, 02:21:12 PM
lol that's exactly the problem. It's an era that should not be thrown back to.

I don't necessarily agree; I think these 80's colors are interesting.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

BimmerM3

Quote from: 2o6 on June 21, 2017, 03:13:56 PM
I don't necessarily agree; I think these 80's colors are interesting.

Interesting does not necessarily mean good. :lol:

veeman

Very very nice.  Separate wide comfy center armrests for the driver and front passenger.  Woohoo.  I like the grill and headlight design.  Reminds me of an owl.  Navigators/Expeditions always had much better 3rd row room compared with Escalades/Tahoes. 

BimmerM3

Quote from: veeman on June 23, 2017, 11:26:15 AM
Navigators/Expeditions always had much better 3rd row room compared with Escalades/Tahoes. 

Apples to a different breed of apples that are naturally smaller.

(i.e. Navigators/Expeditions are more comparable to the Escalade ESV/Suburban than the base Escalade/Tahoe).

68_427

Quote from: BimmerM3 on June 23, 2017, 11:33:33 AM

(i.e. Navigators/Expeditions are more comparable to the Escalade ESV/Suburban than the base Escalade/Tahoe).

No, Lincoln and Ford have SWB models as well.  The Fords have better third row accommodations due to IRS, when compared to either the equivalent short or LWB GM competitors.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

Quote from: BimmerM3 on June 23, 2017, 11:33:33 AM

No, the Expedition EL is equivalent to the Suburban. The Expedition=Tahoe.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

BimmerM3

Quote from: 68_427 on June 23, 2017, 12:31:42 PM
No, Lincoln and Ford have SWB models as well.  The Fords have better third row accommodations due to IRS, when compared to either the equivalent short or LWB GM competitors.
Quote from: CALL_911 on June 23, 2017, 12:33:31 PM
No, the Expedition EL is equivalent to the Suburban. The Expedition=Tahoe.

Hmm, fair enough. The Explorer and SWB Expedition are a lot closer in size than  I was thinking. The Tahoe basically splits the difference (at least in length).

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  on June 23, 2017, 05:36:40 PM
Don't they just buy the top model F150?

That and this. None of the BMW or MB cars can tow worth a damn.

giant_mtb

I detail a Navigator (lwb) for a dentist every year. His staff buys him a gift certificate for it every year since like...4 years ago. Thing rides like a dream. But damn, it's huge.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on June 23, 2017, 06:19:05 PM

That and this. None of the BMW or MB cars can tow worth a damn.

Or Escalades.  Or Denalis.  Or the Longhorn (or whatever the top trim is called) Ram.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on June 23, 2017, 07:12:44 AM
How is this car not dead yet?  How is this brand not dead yet?
a
What do you mean? The question you should be asking is how cars like the ATS or companies like Cadillac/Jaguar aren't dead yet. Those make way less sense than Lincolns.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 07:16:51 AM
a
What do you mean? The question you should be asking is how cars like the ATS or companies like Cadillac/Jaguar aren't dead yet. Those make way less sense than Lincolns.

you really want Cadillac to die, don't you