All-New Lincoln Navigator Starts From $72,055, Extended Version Joins The Family

Started by cawimmer430, June 20, 2017, 11:53:56 AM

veeman

Navigator price seems to match Escalades, which starts at
73395.  Escalade will likely be faster and looks a we bit better on the outside.  Navigator has better interior (hard to kind of top it without going exotic) and has better interior room. 

I think this will significantly cut into Caddy sales.

FoMoJo

All the vehicles indicated, Lincoln, Cadillac, Jaguar are marques, that is, brands or makes that existed and once represented the best of their ilk.  Although, to a certain extent, they are now merely off-shoots of something lesser, especially Lincoln and Cadillac, it would be good if they could be made to, once again, represent something truly remarkable.  The domestic manufacturers had fallen far behind their European counterparts in this respect.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 11:21:43 AM
No, I want Cadillac to do better.

I don't think it's platform use - I think it's Cadillac's lack of direction in regards to interior and exterior design that makes them not stand out. The Continental and Navigator beat the brakes of anything Cadillac is doing right now.

Also, they should have kept the wreath on the logo.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2017, 11:23:17 AM

I don't think it's platform use - I think it's Cadillac's lack of direction in regards to interior and exterior design that makes them not stand out. The Continental and Navigator beat the brakes of anything Cadillac is doing right now.

The wreath was originally not part of the logo. It was actually just for Fleetwoods at first; Devilles, Calais, series 60s had the freestanding crest with no wreath.

It was only when the Fleetwood factory was closed that the wreath spread to the entire lineup for a while.

They should have kept the damned ducks though.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2017, 11:23:17 AM

I mean, the Continental is basically what I have been suggesting Cadillac have in its lineup for the past 4-5 years. Take the bread and butter big FWD platform, give it the best interior/exterior design, interior space and build quality $40-60K can buy, give it an exclusive powertrain, profit. It's been working for the ES, MKZ and now Continental  for years. For all the hate Lincoln gets, the MKZ outsells all of each of Cadillac's current sedans by like 2:1, and has been doing so for years. People dont give a shit about what the ATS is good at, for the most part. They want comfort, space, design and prestige :huh:

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 12:35:33 PM
I mean, the Continental is basically what I have been suggesting Cadillac have in its lineup for the past 4-5 years. Take the bread and butter big FWD platform, give it the best interior/exterior design, interior space and build quality $40-60K can buy, give it an exclusive powertrain, profit. It's been working for the ES, MKZ and now Continental  for years. For all the hate Lincoln gets, the MKZ outsells all of each of Cadillac's current sedans by like 2:1, and has been doing so for years. People dont give a shit about what the ATS is good at, for the most part. They want comfort, space, design and prestige :huh:

They have that car, though. It's the XTS.

XTS = Continental. In pricing, in concept, in size, in everything.

2o6

Or buy a Lacrosse. That sells for about the same price, is about the same size, and moves about the same units as the MKZ.  :huh:

Making a 2nd XTS is redundant. If anything, they should just make the XTS better.

12,000 RPM

Then don't make another XTS. People don't want it anyway. People want #MAGA, not fleet cars and fake German bullshit. Make a modern Seville. Make a modern de Ville. Lincoln has been showing how much better this formula works for damn near a decade with the MKZ

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 01:17:58 PM
Then don't make another XTS. People don't want it anyway. People want #MAGA, not fleet cars and fake German bullshit. Make a modern Seville. Make a modern de Ville. Lincoln has been showing how much better this formula works for damn near a decade with the MKZ

Nah, until recently the MKZ was asinine. Also, the MKS barely moves any units.

12,000 RPM

MKS was trash for the same reasons the XTS was trash. UGH all these meaningless acronyms. Anyways the MKZ has been outselling all Caddy sedans since 2014

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2017, 12:55:28 PM

THIS........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 02:14:01 PM
MKS was trash for the same reasons the XTS was trash. UGH all these meaningless acronyms. Anyways the MKZ has been outselling all Caddy sedans since 2014

Why is the XTS trash?  It's a big, FWD, spacious sedan.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 12:35:33 PM
Take the bread and butter big FWD platform, give it the best interior/exterior design, interior space and build quality $40-60K can buy, give it an exclusive powertrain, profit.

:huh:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 24, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Why is the XTS trash?  It's a big, FWD, spacious sedan.

:huh:
It does not have a good design. Exterior wise, proportions are awful and A&S is played out. Inside, CUE. They need to give it up. And it just doesn't look as thoughtfully designed as the Continental.

giant_mtb

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on June 24, 2017, 12:55:28 PM

I thought the Continental was actually a price tier higher until I looked it up.

I'm with Sporty on this.  The XTS is the right idea, but poorly executed.  The Continental seems much more upscale, and aesthetics play a big part in that.  The XTS looks like a Lacrosse with the A&S styling slapped onto it.  Very bulky and inelegant, and ultimately kind of lower-rent when compared to the Continental.  The XTS reminds me very much of the MKS, which also suffered from sharing too much in shape with a lesser vehicle.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 24, 2017, 06:05:25 PM
So, your complaints are essentially subjective. 🤔
Success in the luxury realm stems from mastering the subjective. No $60K personal vehicle is selling solely on objective merits :huh:

shp4man

Take an F150. Weld a station wagon back on. Load it with leather seats and a multitude of other stupid shit. Add $50K to the price.
Boom. Navigator.
:muffin:

68_427

Let's be honest the XTS isn't good enough to compete with the new Continental when it comes to things that customers of that type of car care about.  Yeah it's probably much better dynamically but really, who cares?

If you want luxury, distinctive style, and fancy options you buy the Lincoln.
'racecar is die'
no

MX793

Quote from: 68_427 on June 24, 2017, 07:54:17 PM
Let's be honest the XTS isn't good enough to compete with the new Continental when it comes to things that customers of that type of car care about.  Yeah it's probably much better dynamically but really, who cares?

I'm not sure if it's even better dynamically.  The Conti's platform is closely related to the Fusion's CD4 platform, which is a decent base in terms of driving dynamics.  At least as good as, if not better than, Epsilon II.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

68_427

Quote from: MX793 on June 24, 2017, 08:31:57 PM
I'm not sure if it's even better dynamically.  The Conti's platform is closely related to the Fusion's CD4 platform, which is a decent base in terms of driving dynamics.  At least as good as, if not better than, Epsilon II.

I think the XTS has GM's Hi-per strut thing + Mag ride, but maybe you're right.
'racecar is die'
no

veeman

Quote from: shp4man on June 24, 2017, 06:38:42 PM
Take an F150. Weld a station wagon back on. Load it with leather seats and a multitude of other stupid shit. Add $50K to the price.
Boom. Navigator.
:muffin:

Well they already take an F150 crew cab, load it with leather seats and a multitude of other stupid shit like decals and longhorns, and add $25,000.

Boom.  King Ranch or Platinum or Limited or whatever is the nom du jour.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 68_427 on June 24, 2017, 07:54:17 PM

Exactly. And 99% of people buying in this segment prioritize what the Lincoln has over what the Cadillac has.

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 24, 2017, 02:14:01 PM

No, it hasn't.

2016 ATS Sales = 21K units

2016 CTS Sales = 15K units (eek)

2016 XTS Sales = 22K units

2016 MKZ Sales = 30K units

2016 MKS Sales = 5000 Units (wow)

Nope, Cadillac is selling them over by almost 2 to 1. Will this trend continue? Who knows.

CaminoRacer