1976 Dodge Aspen SE

Started by cawimmer430, June 23, 2017, 03:49:11 AM

cawimmer430

Admit it, CarSpinners - YOU SECRETLY WANT THIS:praise:

Ever Seen A Better One? 1976 Dodge Aspen SE

Even if you  don't like Dodge Aspens, you just have to admire the condition of this car! This 1976 Aspen SE appears to have only covered 27,671 miles and I'm not sure it could look any better in what I believe to be its original butterscotch-colored paint. It's located in Lakeland, Florida and is listed for sale here on eBay. Right now bidding is starting at $5,000, but there's a reserve that hasn't been met yet

Honestly, can you see this picture in your mind in the 1976 Aspen brochure? I sure can. That paint looks great. The ad does not state that it is original, but I can't see any signs of a respray in the pictures, so either I missed it, it's a very high quality repaint or it really is the original paint. What do you think?

The interior looks factory new as well. Those air conditioning vents blow cold too! Just look at how perfect that dash pad is. And I'm guessing the misalignment of the glove box door came that way from the factory.

I like the seats a lot. They are original as well, or at least the original pattern. I'm sitting here thinking this would be a really nice daily driver, although it would be a shame to do that to such a low mileage car. Of course, cars are made to drive, right?

Go ahead. Try to find a nicer stock engine compartment than this one! Holy cow, this looks nice. I can believe the low mileage claim, although it's undoubtedly helped in this case by one heck of a detailing job. With shiny paint, shiny chrome, a vinyl top in perfect shape and nothing at all that I can see wrong, is this the classic that will bring back memories of your youth? Or would you drive it like I'd like to, just for the attention?

Link: http://barnfinds.com/ever-seen-better-one-1976-dodge-aspen-se/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 23, 2017, 06:44:32 AM
That's pretty sweet.

The condition looks great, inside and out. And that color is pretty neat.

I'm glad that some of these survive. Even a bad car deserves some love.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

You need someone to go pick it up for you?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Pretty amazing if it's all original.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

I suspect this is from a deale in Lakeland that also does a lot of other '70s cars; especially Lincolns.

Edit; doesn't show up in his inventory, but there's plenty here to keep Wimmer occupied

http://www.mjcclassiccars.com/
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

shp4man

Presmog heads, an Eddy 500 carburetor and a better timing curve would give the little V8 some power. But it's a '76- still has to pass smog in CA. So no.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: shp4man on June 23, 2017, 09:40:08 AM
Presmog heads, an Eddy 500 carburetor and a better timing curve would give the little V8 some power. But it's a '76- still has to pass smog in CA. So no.

Not anywhere else though.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 23, 2017, 07:10:14 AM
You need someone to go pick it up for you?

Yes please. And while you're at it throw in a '74 Dodge Monaco. I'm sure you have an extra $200 lying around to spare for one of those!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 23, 2017, 07:38:21 AM
I suspect this is from a deale in Lakeland that also does a lot of other '70s cars; especially Lincolns.

Edit; doesn't show up in his inventory, but there's plenty here to keep Wimmer occupied

http://www.mjcclassiccars.com/

OMG.  :wub:

http://www.mjcclassiccars.com/1973-cadillac-fleetwood-2/

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 23, 2017, 04:43:54 PM
Yes please. And while you're at it throw in a '74 Dodge Monaco. I'm sure you have an extra $200 lying around to spare for one of those!  :praise:

Offer was for transportation only. Purchase price and shipping arrangements are all yours.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 23, 2017, 06:05:43 PM
Offer was for transportation only. Purchase price and shipping arrangements are all yours.

If I had the cash and the storage space I would love to have one of these (although the sedans and wagons look better, IMO) and a '74 Monaco.

This chick sure digs her Aspen!  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Lol.

Nice proper year Michigan plate on the front there.

cawimmer430

I'm also digging the house. Surprised she's driving an Aspen and not a more appropriate...

:praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

My gawd.

How do you even know about such things?

cawimmer430

Quote from: Soup DeVille on June 24, 2017, 12:07:01 PM
My gawd.

How do you even know about such things?

I'm an Automotive Connoisseur and I enjoy the finer things in life.  :mrcool:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on June 24, 2017, 03:01:31 PM
I'm an Automotive Connoisseur and I enjoy the finer things in life.  :mrcool:
Then you might also appreciate this...

:thumbsup:

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Is ^that^ a standard feature inside the glove box of a 1974 Monaco?  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de