2018 Honda Accord introduces a new term to the vehicular lexicon...

Started by Payman, July 14, 2017, 11:08:05 AM

Payman

2o6

68_427

But will there be a sports model with a differently tuned 2.0T, fancy dif, and nice suspenders?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on July 14, 2017, 12:46:51 PM
What makes Honda incapable of making a good looking car?

They must have pulled in the Acura styling team.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Xer0

I don't like the way this car turned out.  It very obviously looks like a Civic, but toned down to the point of being ugly AND unexciting.  The rim choice and color don't do it any favors either.  The availability of a manual in the Sport trim with either engine is exciting, but the engines are very "me too" and don't set it apart at all.  I can only hope that Honda purposely did this to make room at the top end of the lineup for a true high performance Accord.  The Camry, seemingly out of nowhere, is the more exciting new reveal.

Rich

Interesting. Seems button shifters are the new way of business
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

cawimmer430

The interior looks very BMWesque.

The exterior.... holy sh*t... the front doesn't bother me that much, but the rear design is just... wacky...
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

shp4man

It's really not that bad looking. The latest Japanese styling thing seems to be those wacky large "z" shaped tailights. The ones on the new Prius are impressively weird.  :lol:

Payman

Quote from: Rich on July 14, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

There's more Star Trek actors out there.

GoCougs

Definitely a regression - frumpy styling, no V6, and NO GODDAMNED SHIFTER. Front actually looks okay to me and I do like the wheels.

68_427

Quote from: GoCougs on July 14, 2017, 05:31:58 PM
Definitely a regression - frumpy styling, no V6, and NO GODDAMNED SHIFTER. Front actually looks okay to me and I do like the wheels.

While no V6 isn't ideal at least the 2.0T can be had with a manual on the Sport model.
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

TBR

I like it a great deal actually. Better than the facelifted car it replaces, not better than the original of that generation. Exterior that is. Interior is the best since the frump butt generation.

GoCougs

Quote from: 68_427 on July 14, 2017, 06:04:20 PM
While no V6 isn't ideal at least the 2.0T can be had with a manual on the Sport model.

But at only ~250 (turbo) hp which IMO doesn't do as hugely well w/MT IMO. Nice effort I guess though.

I will say the liftback approach is the way to go for mainstreamers.

MX793

Quote from: GoCougs on July 15, 2017, 06:21:53 AM
But at only ~250 (turbo) hp which IMO doesn't do as hugely well w/MT IMO. Nice effort I guess though.

I will say the liftback approach is the way to go for mainstreamers.

Pretty sure this still has a traditional trunk rather than jumping on the liftback bandwagon.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

ifcar

The wheels look awful and the front is a little awkward in pictures, but it looks nice overall, especially the interior. It reminds me of the last Euro Accord / Acura TSX.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

I saw someone post this somewhere else

QuoteThe new Civic is designed as a Dongfeng Honda so it follows the established Dongfeng Honda design language. See Dongfeng Spirior for reference. So Civic + Spirior follows the fastback look.

The existing Accord is a GAIC Honda model so it follows the established GAIC Honda design language. See the GAIC Crider for reference. So Crider + Accord follows the notchback look.

So what to make of the new Accord? Well, it looks to me that it is really the replacement for Dongfeng Spirior not GAIC Accord....

We'll know for sure in a few month when Honda reveals the other version of this new Accord - My guess is there will be a notchback version of to replace the GAIC Accord.

While I don't think there will be another version of the new Accord it shows the importance of the Chinese market.  Also the new push button shifter has made two COMPLETELY different center consoles a necessity. 

At least it appears Honda lowered the cup holders in the manual version to try to limit how badly our big gulps get in the way.
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

I don't think that's entirely accurate. The Crider and GAC Accord are old cars. They prolly will get updated bodyshells when their model cycles end - with the Sprior prolly adopting a different front and rear fascia, maybe different door skins. This is the same thing with the HR-V/Vezel (GAC Honda) and the restlyed version - XR-V (Dongfeng Honda)

Like, the Crider is a long City (fit sedan).

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Speed_Racer

I like it, especially in white. But with how big the new Civic is, I'm guessing this will be real big

MX793

Quote from: Speed_Racer on July 15, 2017, 10:31:21 PM
I like it, especially in white. But with how big the new Civic is, I'm guessing this will be real big

Looks like it didn't grow much.  Wheelbase is up, but overall length is unchanged.  It's roughly half an inch wider and half an inch lower.
Needs more Jiggawatts

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Rich on July 14, 2017, 02:20:30 PM

They could save SOOO much console room by putting them differently though. :confused:
Will