1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Coupe - Jay Leno's Garage

Started by Morris Minor, July 24, 2017, 05:39:41 AM

Morris Minor

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

Those are gorgeous and a common sight here. Not necessarily the 3.5 V8, but the 6-cylinder models, which are also beautiful.

I'd be happy with a simple 250S Coupe.  :wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Morris Minor

When I was 11 my dad drove my brother & I to Italy via Germany. He has a Rover 3 Litre (P5) - 6-cylinder 130hp. He was pretty proud of it. So he got up to 100mph on the autobahns and had Mercedes like this one up his tail - flashing to get him out of the way - they went past like we were standing still. Quite an education for him.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 24, 2017, 04:02:14 PM
When I was 11 my dad drove my brother & I to Italy via Germany. He has a Rover 3 Litre (P5) - 6-cylinder 130hp. He was pretty proud of it. So he got up to 100mph on the autobahns and had Mercedes like this one up his tail - flashing to get him out of the way - they went past like we were standing still. Quite an education for him.

And even back then those cars could cruise at high speed all day long without overheating issues. True GT cars.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Morris Minor

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 25, 2017, 12:10:18 PM
And even back then those cars could cruise at high speed all day long without overheating issues. True GT cars.
The Rover was primitive by comparison. Boat anchor straight-6 with side exhaust valves.
(The journey had its upside though - girls in Portofino - hmm - intriguing.)

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on July 25, 2017, 12:12:22 PM
Leno was once a mechanic at an MB dealer.

Yep, he always mentions this when reviewing a car from his Mercedes' collection.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 26, 2017, 06:03:32 AM
The Rover was primitive by comparison. Boat anchor straight-6 with side exhaust valves.
(The journey had its upside though - girls in Portofino - hmm - intriguing.)

Sounds like the journey wasn't so bad in the end!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de