The Most Beautiful & The Ugliest Cars: Honda

Started by cawimmer430, July 24, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

cawimmer430

MOST BEAUTIFUL

1978-1982 Honda Prelude - The only good-looking Prelude, IMO. Aside from that it's a nice-looking coupe in the context of its time, still does.

1981-1985 Honda Accord Hatchback - I love Japanese hatchback coupes from this era. I find them very stylish for some reason.

1987-1990 Honda Legend Coupe - Boxy design done right.  :wub:

1990-1996 Honda Legend - Very handsome full-size sedan.

1990-2001 Honda NSX - No explanation needed. Lovely sports car. I do not like the facelifted versions that lack the pop-up headlights.

1993-1998 Honda Accord - The best-looking Accord ever. The coupe was especially sexy.

1999-2003 Honda N One - I love cute and good-looking Kei cars. This van is one of them. I'd love to have one of these for the city!

2012 Honda N One - I'd love to have one of these for Munich!  :wub:

2015 Honda S660 - Cute little Kei sports car. Love it.

UGLIEST

1992-1997 Honda del Sol - I always found these bland and boring. Nothing special design wise. It tries to look cutsie but fails, in my opinion.

2002-2006 Honda Element - No words needed.

2005-2012 Honda Civic - Boring and bland. Past Civics looked pretty nice, but this was the first Civic which really stood out - and not in a good way.

2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline - Bah!

2017 Honda Clarity - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? The whole thing is a design mess, IMO.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Gotta-Qik-C7

Those pre facelift NSX are still good looking cars!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FoMoJo

Not many beautiful Hondas

But the 1300 Coupe ('69-'73) is pretty close.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

93JC

Beautiful Hondas? Slim pickin's... Obvious choices are the S2000 and NSX. I always liked the late-'80s Prelude and Accord—with those long, low hoods—but they were merely 'handsome'.

Ugly? Pffff, too many to choose from.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 93JC on July 24, 2017, 04:30:24 PM
Beautiful Hondas? Slim pickin's... Obvious choices are the S2000 and NSX. I always liked the late-'80s Prelude and Accord—with those long, low hoods—but they were merely 'handsome'.

Ugly? Pffff, too many to choose from.
Yeah! 87-94 was Hondas Golden Era Styling wise........

r0tor

How has the 2000GT not been mentioned yet?!?  It's one of the most beautiful designs ever...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Gotta-Qik-C7

FoMoJo

Maybe he means the s2000.

Toyota, of all manufacturers, did make a 2000gt in the mid '60s that was quite lovely.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on July 24, 2017, 07:44:28 PM
How has the 2000GT not been mentioned yet?!?  It's one of the most beautiful designs ever...

You mean the S2000? Nice-looking car, just not on my personal favorite list. I'm not really into sports car and between an S2000 and the S660 kei roadster I think the kei car looks more edgy and attractive. But that's just me ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 24, 2017, 02:58:39 PM
Not many beautiful Hondas

But the 1300 Coupe ('69-'73) is pretty close.

Pretty car, though for me personally I think the "beakless" version looks a little tidier.  ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

shp4man

Is there any such thing as a nice looking Honda car?  :lol:

12,000 RPM

I still like my Civic's design, though admittedly heavily riced

The one that came before it was very boring and ugly IMO:

Some other Honda beauties....

EM1 Civic:

BB4 Prelude (ESPECIALLY the interior):

CL9:

UA6:

I don't mind the last Accord, especially after seeing what's coming.... but it's still too big; looks like a Korean 5 series:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

I think Honda has made a lot of good looking cars, and a lot of interesting cars, and a lot of fucking terrible looking cars.

My fave - Honda Today. It's a Kei car, and basically a 3/4 scale EG Hatchback, but the proportions are so curt and sensible.

Another Fave - 1990 ish Honda City - it's a class smaller than the EG, so it's more like a 7/8th scale EG hatchback.

The honda N-series cars are some of the cutest lil retro styled things I've ever seen.

N-one

N-box/ (N-box Slash) is so fuckin cool

2o6

The worst:

Accord Crosstour. This car looks like a chassis mule that they were testing, and accidentally greenlit for production in it's current state.

Honda Fit Aria (Honda City)

The Fit is a very monobox, minivan shape. It is the worst form to translate into a sedan.

Dongfeng Honda and Honda China also have some really horrible looking vehicles, as well.

Honda Avancier. This is too much styling, and the proportions for this weird looking Coupe-SUV are so bad.

The UR-V (same car, but produced by Dongfeng-Honda) isn't much better.

The Fit-based Honda Crider is also bad - and although it's based upon the B-seg Jazz/Fit, it still ends up being longer than the Civic Sedan

2o6

Interestingly enough, the Honda XR-V (Dongfeng Honda) is better styled than the Vezel/HR-V.

cawimmer430

I like the Japanese Kei cars and they are cute (most of them).  :ohyeah:

Quote from: 2o6 on August 09, 2017, 09:58:51 AM
Honda Fit Aria (Honda City)

The Fit is a very monobox, minivan shape. It is the worst form to translate into a sedan.

Wow, that is just nasty.

Honda isn't the only offender in that regard. Fiat, Renault, Peugeot and Citroen all have "sedan" versions of their hatchbacks for Eastern Europe and the Chinese markets; and they look awful.

www.wimmerfotografie.de