The FJ Company Sport Offers A Modern Update On The Classic Land Cruiser

Started by cawimmer430, July 26, 2017, 11:03:59 AM

cawimmer430

Pretty cool.  :ohyeah:

The FJ Company Sport Offers A Modern Update On The Classic Land Cruiser

As its name suggests (to those in the know at least), The FJ Company has carved out a niche for itself restoring classic Toyota Land Cruisers. The thing is that, while many can appreciate the form and function of a vintage FJ, not everyone wants to drive one on a regular basis. Hence the new Sport range.

The FJ Company Sport combines an original chassis and bodywork with modern powertrain and amenities. So while it looks like a classic Land Cruiser – and is one, for all intents and purposes – it's built to drive more like a modern one.

To accomplish the feat, the Company fits a modern fuel-injected six-cylinder engine good for 210 horsepower and mated to the customer's choice of manual or automatic transmission with five speeds. The steering system is also upgraded, and so is the interior, including digital controls, air conditioning, sound system, seats... the works. Buyers can even spec heated seats, LED interior lighting, and a back-up camera.

That's not the extent of the choices, though: The FJ Company makes each vehicle to order according to the buyer's specifications, right down to the roof type, bumper style, and color combination.

Of course those who prefer can still order a classic Cruiser without the modern updates, but you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell from looking at one. See for yourself in the photos of three recent Sport builds and the video below.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/07/the-fj-company-sport-offers-modern.html
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

Part of me wants to believe that modern vehicles are becoming so damn boring and mediocre while chasing sales figures that doing resto-mods of older vehicles will be an actual relevant industry
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

giant_mtb

CaminoRacer

Quote from: r0tor on July 26, 2017, 01:32:11 PM
Part of me wants to believe that modern vehicles are becoming so damn boring and mediocre while chasing sales figures that doing resto-mods of older vehicles will be an actual relevant industry

Restomods or well-done kit cars are where it's at for me. New cars are just appliances.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

shp4man

I want a white one with zebra stripes!  :muffin:

I guess if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford it.  :huh:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: shp4man on July 26, 2017, 02:10:38 PM
I want a white one with zebra stripes!  :muffin:

I guess if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford it.  :huh:

The only question is if it's better or worse than an Icon FJ

http://www.icon4x4.com/fj
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MrH

I like these guys better than the Icon FJ.  It's more true to the original and much more reasonably priced.

Icon's stuff is needlessly expensive and I don't think looks all that great to be honest.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Galaxy

Wow that is nice. I agree with giant mtb though, I also thought it was a model.

Tave

Quote from: MrH on July 27, 2017, 07:58:17 AM
I like these guys better than the Icon FJ.  It's more true to the original and much more reasonably priced.

Icon's stuff is needlessly expensive and I don't think looks all that great to be honest.

What are the entry points and spread between the two?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on July 27, 2017, 09:16:01 AM
What are the entry points and spread between the two?

I thought they were roughly equal, and each edging into $100,000 territory.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator