The Most Beautiful & The Ugliest Cars: Infiniti

Started by cawimmer430, August 07, 2017, 05:21:42 AM

cawimmer430

MOST BEAUTIFUL

1995-2004 Infiniti I - I admittedly have a soft spot for this design since we owned a 1998 Nissan Cefiro Elite 2.0 VQ V6 back in the day. A handsome, visually aesthetic design. Looks good, but doesn't raise my blood pressure or make my heart beat faster.

2017+ Infiniti Q50 - For me this is hands down the most beautiful Infiniti ever made. The design is elegant and beautiful and also aggressive without looking too aggressive. Perfect balance between luxury and sport in my opinion.

UGLIEST

1989-1996 Infiniti Q45 - I always thought these looked weird. Zero elegance to them. It just felt like Nissan took one of their uglier JDM cars, put the steering wheel on the left side and slapped an Infiniti badge on it. Voila! In my opinion none of the flagship Q's have been pretty, but this one is by far the ugliest.

1990-2002 Infiniti G20 - Ah, the Infiniti Cimarron! Here in Europe this was a base Nissan Primera; a boring economy car. What can I say? It's ugly!

2004-2013 Infiniti QX56 - Vomit-inducingly ugly. Just hideous.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

That Infiniti I and the G20 look nearly identical, yet one is beautiful and the other is ugly...? :nutty:

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 07, 2017, 05:21:42 AM
2004-2013 Infiniti QX56 - Vomit-inducingly ugly. Just hideous.

We actually agree on one.  This thing is an abomination.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

We would be remiss to not mention the G35 Coupe. Not only was this car drop dead gorgeous, it was instrumental in saving Infiniti (and Nissan)

I'm going to put the current M on the ugliest list... after the taut and clean 2nd gen, this rolling allergic reaction was quite the disappointment.

Not even #coilovernationcitizenship can save it.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 07, 2017, 06:46:04 AM
That Infiniti I and the G20 look nearly identical, yet one is beautiful and the other is ugly...? :nutty:

They look nothing alike.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 07, 2017, 09:54:34 AM
They look nothing alike.

The styling language is pretty similar.  The G is just smaller.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

shp4man

I kind of like it.

Where did they get that backslash "C" pillar style from?

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 07, 2017, 09:54:34 AM
They look nothing alike.

Same grille, same greenhouse shape and glass design, same body lines, similar side body cladding. Only real differences are the side markers, lower front fascia, and the spoiler.  It's like saying a Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra look nothing alike. 

Speed_Racer

Yes:
I always found these sharp for their period. Plus a V8

Yes but never built:

Yes maybe?

No:

cawimmer430

Come on, there is a huge visual difference between a Cefiro (I) and Primera (G20).

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 07, 2017, 05:47:49 PM
Come on, there is a huge visual difference between a Cefiro (I) and Primera (G20).

I seriously don't see it.  I think you're deluding yourself. :lol:

cawimmer430

ZERO SIMILARITIES  :huh:

Perhaps you should consider visiting an eye doctor... :evildude:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2017, 07:28:18 AM
Agree to disagree. 

Seriously, I just don't see it.  :huh:

The Cefiro/I is larger and better proportioned than the Primera/G20. The Cefiro/I is more elegant and handsome, the Primera/G20 comes across as bland, fat and squished. The Cefiro/I looks like it was designed from the onset to be a good-looking premium car, whereas the Primera/G20 cannot hide its economy car roots.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

To be fair, though, the two pictures in the OP you used make the cars look pretty similar, no?

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2017, 08:42:26 AM
To be fair, though, the two pictures in the OP you used make the cars look pretty similar, no?

To be fair Nissan did seem to use some "premium elements" from the Cefiro/I and slap them onto the Primera/G20, like the grille (in squished form) and the headlights/sidelights. Sure, but that's like putting lipstick on a pig - still doesn't make the pig prettier. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

93JC

Wow, this thread has devolved into arguing about whether the G20 was ugly or not. (It wasn't, it was just very plain.)

Besides the QX56 and whatever they're calling the modern equivalent I can scarcely think of an ugly Infiniti. Nor can I think of particularly beautiful ones either. All in all they're rather dowdy.

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 08, 2017, 09:22:24 AM
To be fair Nissan did seem to use some "premium elements" from the Cefiro/I and slap them onto the Primera/G20, like the grille (in squished form) and the headlights/sidelights. Sure, but that's like putting lipstick on a pig - still doesn't make the pig prettier. :lol:

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 07, 2017, 11:28:36 AM
It's like saying a Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra look nothing alike. 

:huh:

Laconian

QX56 is one of the worst cars IMO. Garish, ponderous McMansion luxury.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

I never understood the styling of the QX56.  It looked like three different vehicles put together, or at least two.  The rear quarter doesn't match the front 3/4.  Like, the front part of the greenhouse is curvy and such...then they just slapped a square-ish window on for the back 1/4...absolutely not continuity. :confused:

veeman

Quote from: Raza  on August 07, 2017, 07:16:31 AM
We actually agree on one.  This thing is an abomination.

Being the owner of the exact same model/color of the last pic posted by Wimmer, and trying to be as objective as possible, the SUV's front and back do look like they belong to two different vehicles.  It's also a bit awkwardly tall.  And the fake side ports look lame. But I really like the look of the front of the car.  It's unique and in a good way I think.  It looks like a cross between a semi truck and a hot rod and it's one of the few cars out there where 22 in tires look like a natural good fit.  It's my favorite car acquisition.  When it comes time to trade it in in 5 years, I could see myself get Infiniti's next itineration of it.  Hopefully they would better meld the front and back look of it and not elevate the price because it's currently a good deal compared with its competitors undercutting the Escalade and Mercedes 3 row SUV. 

Laconian

Quote from: veeman on August 09, 2017, 03:20:03 PM
Being the owner of the exact same model/color of the 2nd pic, and trying to be as objective as possible, the SUV's front and back do look like they belong to two different vehicles.  It's also a bit awkwardly tall.  And the fake side ports look lame. But I really like the look of the front of the car.  It's unique and in a good way I think.  It looks like a cross between a semi truck and a hot rod and it's one of the few cars out there where 22 in tires look like a natural good fit.  It's my favorite car acquisition.  When it comes time to trade it in in 5 years, I could see myself get Infiniti's next itineration of it.  Hopefully they would better meld the front and back look of it and not elevate the price because it's currently a good deal compared with its competitors undercutting the Escalade and Mercedes 3 row SUV. 

It's such an odd combination of strong with saggy and/or melty.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT