VW Passat GT Could Debut In Los Angeles With 280 HP

Started by cawimmer430, August 08, 2017, 05:25:07 PM

cawimmer430

VW Passat GT Could Debut In Los Angeles With 280 HP

The Volkswagen Passat has been described as appliance-like but it appears the automaker is preparing to spice up the model with a new performance-oriented variant.

According to Digital Trends, a Volkswagen spokesperson has confirmed the company will introduce a new Passat GT. The model will reportedly resemble the Passat GT concept which debuted at the 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Little is known about the model but the Passat GT concept was equipped with modified bumpers, a black honeycomb grille, and a trunk-mounted spoiler. The car also featured LED headlights, a sports exhaust system, and a sport-tuned suspension which reduced the ride height by 1.5 centimeters.

Interior changes were relatively minor but included two-tone sport seats, piano black trim, and fake carbon fiber accents.

Like the concept, the production model will reportedly be powered by a 3.6-liter V6 engine which produces 280 hp (208 kW) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque.

The model is expected to debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show and pricing will reportedly start at around $30,000. The first deliveries are slated to occur before the end of the year but we'll likely learn more in the coming months.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/vw-passat-gt-could-debut-in-los-angeles.html
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Xer0

There's no way this gen Passat has much time left on it, its been soldiering on since like 2011 IIRC.  A bodykit and red accents won't help.

Raza

Hopefully it's a dynamic improvement on the rolling mattress that is the current Passat. Last time I was in one, I was like a baby. My friend started driving and I almost immediately started to nod off.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Xer0 on August 08, 2017, 06:12:28 PM
There's no way this gen Passat has much time left on it, its been soldiering on since like 2011 IIRC.  A bodykit and red accents won't help.
They usually do this at the end of a model run. See: Focus RS

In any case this thing is a boat. Peak VW remains GTI
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Xer0

I wish this was anything like the Focus RS, that car actually had some real engineering behind it.  This thing is just a red outline on the grill  :lol: