BMW 1-Series Sedan Could Come To America In 2019

Started by cawimmer430, August 09, 2017, 04:12:55 PM

cawimmer430

:popcorn:

BMW 1-Series Sedan Could Come To America In 2019

BMW launched the 1-Series Sedan in China earlier this year and a new report is indicating the model could soon be offered in the United States.

While BMW has continually shutdown rumors about the model being sold abroad, Automotive News is reporting the sedan could go on sale in the United States as early as 2019. The model would compete with other front-wheel drive sedans including the Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA.

Even if the 1-Series Sedan doesn't make it stateside, the car's front-wheel drive platform is expected to underpin the 2-Series Gran Coupe which is rumored for 2020. It is slated to be joined by coupe and convertible variants of next-generation 2-Series in 2022.

The report goes on to claim the new 3-Series will go on the sale in the United States by the end of 2018. It also suggests the 3-series Gran Turismo will be dropped, while an electric model will be added to the lineup in 2019 or 2020.

A new 4-Series will follow shortly thereafter with the coupe expected to arrive in 2020. A year later, it will be joined by convertible and Gran Coupe variants.

The new 5-Series is already off to a strong start and BMW is hoping to add to that momentum by unveiling the new M5 at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Following its debut, the high-performance sedan will go on sale in the United States early next year.

The 6-Series lineup is undergoing some major changes as the company recently introduced the 6-Series Gran Turismo. It could become the only model is the 6-Series line as the publication suggests the other variants will be phased out as the company focuses on the 8-Series.

BMW's flagship sedan is facing stiff competition from the new Audi A8 and the facelifted Mercedes S-Class, so it comes as little surprise the 7-Series will receive a modest refresh sometime next year. It should tide the model over until a full redesign which is slated for 2022.

Meanwhile, BMW is in the midst of a crossover blitz as the company recently unveiled the new X3. It will soon be joined by redesigned versions of the X4, X5, and X6. Of course, there are also a handful of new models on the horizon including the X2 and X7.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/bmw-1-series-sedan-could-come-to.html

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Xer0

Oh man, the rumored RWD 2GC was on my shortlist for possible new cars.  Hearing it will be FWD based and probably not in anyway a drivers car really hurts me so very much.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Xer0 on August 10, 2017, 09:50:20 AM
Oh man, the rumored RWD 2GC was on my shortlist for possible new cars.  Hearing it will be FWD based and probably not in anyway a drivers car really hurts me so very much.

What's that special rule in America that you can import a foreign car after 15 or 25 years? Then you can import all the 1st and 2nd generation BMW 1-Series 3/5-Doors that you want! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

I can buy a rifle from anyone I want, not register it, and tell nobody...but I can't import a car.  lol

r0tor

Yea, I was really hoping to be able to buy a 2GC... Absolutely will not if it's fwd
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

ifcar

It's a four-door Mini -- no reason to automatically assume it won't be fun.

Xer0

Quote from: ifcar on August 10, 2017, 11:17:14 AM
It's a four-door Mini -- no reason to automatically assume it won't be fun.

While true, the Mini isn't even in consideration so it would be a perceived downgrade for me.  Besides, I doubt the added tech/luxury/size would do anything but make it less fun to drive than said Mini anyway.  I had dreams about a M2GC and this is for sure a step down.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 10, 2017, 10:24:16 AM
It's 25 years, and it's stupid.

Damn, you guys will be old men by then. Time for something a little softer and plusher.  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 10, 2017, 10:36:42 AM
I can buy a rifle from anyone I want, not register it, and tell nobody...but I can't import a car.  lol

'Murica. F*ck yeah. :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Saw this at BMW Welt today. Well hurry up and buy this now before the 3rd generation 1-Series arrives!  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de