Audi E-Tron Imperator Concept Is All About Technology And Comfort

Started by cawimmer430, August 16, 2017, 05:38:22 AM

cawimmer430

Looks like a hightech coffin on wheels.

Audi E-Tron Imperator Concept Is All About Technology And Comfort

With the rise of autonomous driving systems and electric powertrains, the typical car is set to look significantly different in a couple of decades, perhaps like the Mercedes F015 Luxury in Motion Concept.

With this in mind, artist Frederic Le Sciellour has rendered a futuristic Audi for the year 2028, dubbed the e-Tron Imperator and created to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the original Audi Type R Imperator.

Like the Mercedes F015, the Audi e-Tron Imperator has an electric powertrain and is therefore dominated by a huge cabin that stretches most of the vehicle's length, except for its stubby front-end.

Inside, the Imperator is a luxurious four-seater laden with many of the technologies we expect to see become reality in the coming decades. That includes a large holographic display in the rear that can project a 3D image, like a detailed image of New York City. Up front, the concept has a fully digital dashboard that displays everything the driver and front passenger could ever need.

Last but not least are the door panels which ditch traditional upholstery, handles and speakers in favor of large touchscreens that control multimedia functions, among other things.

Link: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/audi-e-tron-imperator-concept-is-all.html
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

What a silly name.  Just makes me think of Tyrion Lannister.

cawimmer430

The interior is cool, though. I want to know what these designers and creative folks are smoking to come up with something as wacky and cool as that.  :thumbsup:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 16, 2017, 06:48:09 AM
The interior is cool, though. I want to know what these designers and creative folks are smoking to come up with something as wacky and cool as that.  :thumbsup:
I don't even know what cool means anymore...and what the hell is that thing sticking out of the floor in the back?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb