2019 Aston Martin Vantage

Started by Payman, November 21, 2017, 06:00:37 AM

Payman

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-aston-martin-vantage-doesnt-settle-for-anythin-1820636456

- Side profile, without the tacked on black vents
- Interior, without the body colour trim
- Rear 3/4 view
- Powertrain

Dislikes:
- Front end. Mother of god... what did you do??? Couldn't finish it with a nicer grille?
- Tacked on black side vents
- The taillight arcing up around the spoiler
- Front end. Fuuuuuuuckkk. It looks like a kit car.

12,000 RPM

Yea someone on a YT vid said the headlights look plucked from a 90s sedan. Pretty bad.

I think it looks good but it's a bit derivative. Getting strong Lexus RC vibes from the front 3/4 view; strong F-Type vibes from the side profile; slight Maserati 3200GT from the rear. Looks like they moved it upmarket as well; last one was 911 Carrera S priced; this is in the Turbo sphere. Will be interesting to see how it drives and sells. Overall I'm positive on it though.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 21, 2017, 06:06:06 AM
Yea someone on a YT vid said the headlights look plucked from a 90s sedan. Pretty bad.

I think it looks good but it's a bit derivative. Getting strong Lexus RC vibes from the front 3/4 view; strong F-Type vibes from the side profile; slight Maserati 3200GT from the rear. Looks like they moved it upmarket as well; last one was 911 Carrera S priced; this is in the Turbo sphere. Will be interesting to see how it drives and sells. Overall I'm positive on it though.

It looks like the designers didn't even try.

Submariner

Glad to see them move away from the historical interior design - it was never that great.  But this this interior looks like it's bones come straight out of the AMG-GT...Hmmm...

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Payman

I... just noticed the gearchange selection

Fuuuuuuccckkkkk.  :rage:

I'd never afford this car anyway, but it's one less thing to aspire to.  :pee:

MexicoCityM3

First not gorgeous Aston in many years. So sad!
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Xer0

Quote from: Rockraven on November 21, 2017, 06:00:37 AM

Dislikes:
- Front end. Mother of god... what did you do??? Couldn't finish it with a nicer grille?

Not having seen the actual car, I thought you were just being dramatic.  Having seen the car, nope, you're right.  Its like AM took the wrong message when people complained their cars looked the same.  They decided that the GT's will be elegant and the smaller sports cars will be over styled and gnarly.  People definitely won't confuse them now.

MX793

That grille is pretty awful.  Looks like somebody hit something low to the ground and broke off the lower part of the fascia.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Payman

Quote from: CaminoRacer on November 21, 2017, 08:43:34 AM
I like the tailight.

It's not bad, I just prefer the spoiler be unadorned. Looks like a lot of effort went into the rear end, and when they got to the front, they said fuck it I'm tired.

r0tor

It's confusing to me...

AM buyers traditionally had to overlook performance, reliability, and price in the name of getting something with elegant styling and some old world charm.

I doubt this car will compete performance wise with similar priced entries from Porsche or MB.  The styling is OK I guess - but nothing drop dead gorgeous.  The powertrain is now just another turbo engine like everyone else.  Infotainment is straight from MB.

..it feels to me the car will still not compete on performance, not stand out from styling, and have no old world charm of V12s or ornate interior bits...

Confused as to what the buyer will be looking for
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

12,000 RPM

I feel like the MB components really undermine AM, and I think MB bet that would happen. One less competitor, especially for their AMG GT.

With the growing focus on shareholder value and financial performance middle of the road companies like AM are gonna die. You either have to be full on corporate like any high volume brand or full on boutique like Ariel or Singer. Probably for the better. A hardtop SL would probably be the end of AM

12,000 RPM

After seeing more pics I mind it a lot less

Submariner

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 21, 2017, 06:53:30 PM
I feel like the MB components really undermine AM, and I think MB bet that would happen. One less competitor, especially for their AMG GT.

With the growing focus on shareholder value and financial performance middle of the road companies like AM are gonna die. You either have to be full on corporate like any high volume brand or full on boutique like Ariel or Singer. Probably for the better. A hardtop SL would probably be the end of AM

Merc could have positioned the AMG GT anywhere they wanted, and it probably would do just fine. 
Quote from: r0tor on November 21, 2017, 09:59:47 AM
It's confusing to me...

AM buyers traditionally had to overlook performance, reliability, and price in the name of getting something with elegant styling and some old world charm.

I doubt this car will compete performance wise with similar priced entries from Porsche or MB.  The styling is OK I guess - but nothing drop dead gorgeous.  The powertrain is now just another turbo engine like everyone else.  Infotainment is straight from MB.

..it feels to me the car will still not compete on performance, not stand out from styling, and have no old world charm of V12s or ornate interior bits...

Confused as to what the buyer will be looking for

The vanquish used interior bits from an old XJ, which in turn sourced it's HVAC and radio controls from reclaimed bits of Westminster Palace.  The last DB9 took it's garbage sat nav from Volvo. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FoMoJo

007 would puke if he had to drive that.  No longer an Aston Martin.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

ChrisV

I've said it before, when people complained about modern Astons looking similar. When you get it right, it's right, and there's only one place to go from there: worse. And this is worse. From the Civic Type R rear end to the home depot grillework, this sucks. And the interior is no better. I REALLY like the older interior of the Vantage, DB9 and Vanquish.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...