Nissan Kicks

Started by 2o6, November 30, 2017, 12:19:00 PM

2o6

This car was designed primarily for Brazil and South America. And like the shitty Ford Ecosport, the host company thought it was a good idea to bring it here to compete in the semi-sales decent B-segment SUV class.

This replaces the Juke, but aside from being (to some people, not me) more attractive styling, this seems like a step back in so many ways

Power comes from a weak 1.6L making 125HP and the car is FWD, CVT auto only.

I was going to post this in "the big guys" but this seems even less of a crossover than the HR-V and Chevy Trax.

Man, the Juke was ugly to a lot of people, but it was fast and fun. This looks lame.

Xer0

Nissan continues its mission of not living up to its tagline of "innovation that excites" admirably. 

12,000 RPM

I mean, aside from a few performance cars and accidental hits (2002 Altima V6, VQ engine, Juke) Nissan has always been pretty mediocre. I even likened my Maximas to the "Japanese Bonneville". Christ, that manual gearbox was horrendous. They can never keep a good streak going. B13 SE-R to the B14, 2002-2003 Maxima to the 2004+ spaceship, Altima, literally everything in their lineup has never had a solid long good run. Why would the Juke be any different....................
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

I think this will be more successful than the Juke.

Versa Notes are everywhere. Nissan isn't living up to their enthusiast potential, but it's selling cars.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

Cuz they're cheap?

And from what I read, more reliable than some of the domestics?
Will

2o6

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 30, 2017, 01:48:35 PM
Cuz they're cheap?

And from what I read, more reliable than some of the domestics?

Easy Credit.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

Many of Nissan's product woes stem from financial issues.  Their very late 80s to early/mid 90s products were arguably better than their later 90s and early 00s products due to rough financial straights that hit all of the Japanese automakers at the time.  They started to recover in the early to mid 00s (cash infusion from the Renault merger helped) and you started seeing much improved products, then the recession hit in 08.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Much less vomit inducing than the Juke.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

veeman

I like the styling of the Rogue.  I see them everywhere.  I know Raza's aversion to the Juke is borderline Char's aversion to all things VW, but I don't mind the Juke.  I'd love a manual trans 6 speed Juke Nismo RS.

This car looks better than the Juke though.

ifcar

Visually, I think it works pretty well. However, 125 hp....man. Could it have killed them to at least use the Rogue Sport's 141-hp engine? That's going to cripple the appeal even among people who don't care about cars.