Started by Submariner, December 12, 2017, 03:01:24 PM

Submariner

4.0TT V8, 789 HP, RWD, 1198KG

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MexicoCityM3

Fantastic car but IMO it's the worst looking of the lineup.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

Makes kit cars look like Pininfarina's best. Max aero doesn't have to look so ugly; how is this the same company that just put out the gorgeous 720S?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

It looks like the final boss car from Need For Speed Hot Pursuit II.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 12, 2017, 05:15:35 PM
Makes kit cars look like Pininfarina's best. Max aero doesn't have to look so ugly; how is this the same company that just put out the gorgeous 720S?

Sounds to me like you're missing the point of this car. :huh:

It is designed for track use first and foremost...

McLaren says that, in its lightest possible configuration, the Senna weighs just 2641 pounds dry

Given that the 720S is already quicker around most racetracks than was the P1, we can bet that the Senna will raise the bar by several additional notches.

The styling of the Senna, like that of the Enzo that debuted 15 years ago, is more brutal than beautiful, the result of the car's mission for uncompromised performance and the consequent need for aerodynamic efficiency.

MX793

There's a reason F1 cars aren't pretty.  This, the Enzo, and a number of other ultra performance cars with significant emphasis on aero are ugly for a reason.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AutobahnSHO

yeah, some of those angles look busy for no good (aerodynamic) reason.
Will

Submariner

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 12, 2017, 06:24:24 PM
yeah, some of those angles look busy for no good (aerodynamic) reason.

I'm sure McLaren, the legendary racing team, compromised aero on their new hypercar just to fuck with people online who will never be able to afford one.

r0tor

I don't think this will hold a candle to offerings from Aston Martin or Mercedes... But thankful for another "holy Trinity"
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Quote from: r0tor on December 12, 2017, 07:25:41 PM
I don't think this will hold a candle to offerings from Aston Martin or Mercedes... But thankful for another "holy Trinity"

Really? Why not?

Gotta-Qik-C7

I like the see through doors.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

r0tor

Quote from: Rockraven on December 12, 2017, 07:46:47 PM
Really? Why not?

The Aston Martin Valkyrei is under 2300 lbs and has over 1100 hp reportedly plus some ungodly aerodynamics designed from scratch by legendary F1 aero mastermind  Adrian Newey

Similar story for Mercedes
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: r0tor on December 12, 2017, 08:29:08 PM

The Aston Martin Valkyrei is under 2300 lbs and has over 1100 hp reportedly plus some ungodly aerodynamics designed from scratch by legendary F1 aero mastermind  Adrian Newey

Similar story for Mercedes

And the Merc's engine revs to 11,000!

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 12, 2017, 05:59:19 PM
Sounds to me like you're missing the point of this car. :huh:

It is designed for track use first and foremost...

McLaren says that, in its lightest possible configuration, the Senna weighs just 2641 pounds dry

Given that the 720S is already quicker around most racetracks than was the P1, we can bet that the Senna will raise the bar by several additional notches.

The styling of the Senna, like that of the Enzo that debuted 15 years ago, is more brutal than beautiful, the result of the car's mission for uncompromised performance and the consequent need for aerodynamic efficiency.

The Enzo was not a track car

And even if it was, like pretty much every track focused car in existence, it wasn't hideous. "It looks like that because its a track car" does not make any sense or correspond at all with reality

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 14, 2017, 07:19:04 PM

And even if it was, like pretty much every track focused car in existence, it wasn't hideous. "It looks like that because its a track car" does not make any sense or correspond at all with reality

This looks way better than the Enzo.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Raza  on December 14, 2017, 09:08:50 PM
This looks way better than the Enzo.
Schedule an appointment with an optometrist as soon as possible

veeman

Would you call the color of it red and black or orange and black?  Anyways the color combination posted (reddish orange and black) doesn't do it any favors.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 14, 2017, 07:19:04 PM

Neither is this, technically, since it will be street legal.

On the Enzo...
It was built in 2002 using Formula One technology, such as a carbon-fibre body, F1-style electrohydraulic shift transmission, and carbon fibre-reinforced silicon carbide (C/SiC) ceramic composite disc brakes. Also used are technologies not allowed in F1 such as active aerodynamics and traction control.

It was a pretty track-intensive car.

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 15, 2017, 04:44:59 AM
Schedule an appointment with an optometrist as soon as possible

"The front end is supposed to look like an F1 car. Get it? Get it? Ah, forget it. Basically from now on we're just going to make ugly ass cars anyway, so people will more fondly remember this." (And it's true; looking back on the Enzo now, it looks way better than it did 15 years ago)

It's not like the Enzo was ugly. But it certainly wasn't pretty. And the point of it wasn't to be pretty, either. Same as the F40 and F50 before it. The Senna isn't pretty either; but it looks like a race car, and it looks so purposeful, it pretty much has to be beautiful.

The Senna looks like a race car

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on December 15, 2017, 08:23:39 AM

"The front end is supposed to look like an F1 car. Get it? Get it? Ah, forget it. Basically from now on we're just going to make ugly ass cars anyway, so people will more fondly remember this." (And it's true; looking back on the Enzo now, it looks way better than it did 15 years ago)

It's not like the Enzo was ugly. But it certainly wasn't pretty. And the point of it wasn't to be pretty, either. Same as the F40 and F50 before it. The Senna isn't pretty either; but it looks like a race car, and it looks so purposeful, it pretty much has to be beautiful.

That IS NOT a good looking car! Never liked it..........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FoMoJo

Quote from: Raza  on December 15, 2017, 08:23:39 AM

It is ugly.  Perhaps it was intended to draw on F! design, but it missed the mark.  We all know that Ken Okuyama has produced some amazing designs in many fields.  This isn't one of them.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

I wouldn't call an Enzo beautiful, but I don't think it looks bad, either.

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 15, 2017, 03:43:52 PM
I wouldn't call an Enzo beautiful, but I don't think it looks bad, either.
It just looks like two vehicles scrunched together, a sleek race car and a trailer.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."