Jeep Cherokee Facelift

Started by 2o6, December 29, 2017, 08:20:46 AM

r0tor

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 08, 2018, 07:07:59 PM
Oh don't worry. I waste plenty of money on my children.

Oh dear... Don't let Leblowski hear that you waste money.  His children will be raised of gruel just to prove a point.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 07:08:42 PM

Absolutely correct. You're very stable and very smart ... a very stable genius.

Hey you sound like Trump!!!   Are you actually Trump and just playing out another one of your batshit crazy personalities?

...all this money obsession now makes so much sense...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

...Leblowski Guide to not looking cool...

Buy as much of a flashy posermobile as you can possibly afford.  Then proclaim you bought it because you were trying to not be cool - which is actually subzero super cool

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:13:02 PM
Hey you sound like Trump!!!   Are you actually Trump and just playing out another one of your batshit crazy personalities?

...all this money obsession now makes so much sense...

Sort of, except I said "you" referring to your Trumpish tendancy to proclaim how much common sense you have, dumbass. 

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:17:00 PM

...Leblowski Guide to not looking cool...

Buy as much of a flashy posermobile as you can possibly afford.  Then proclaim you bought it because you were trying to not be cool - which is actually subzero super cool

Believe it or not some people buy things because they like or want them, with zero thought as to whether it makes them cool. And zero thought does not mean "ooh I think this will purposely make me UNcool".

And no, you don't need to be a level 12.5 on a 10.0 "enthusiast" scale* to like or want something.

*where 10.0 means you do a track day once every 6 1/2 years.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:10:24 PM

Oh dear... Don't let Leblowski hear that you waste money.  His children will be raised of gruel just to prove a point.

Yeah I've never said anything remotely like that :huh:

r0tor

So what was it about the Vette and M3 that appeals so much to a non-enthusiast?

The bad ride?  Bad gas mileage? I'd ask maybe if it wad brilliant packaging efficiency, but apparently the 4 door 3 series can't fit 2 adults and 2 kids.

Hmm if I wasn't an enthusiast and didn't care about image, then why would I drop the extra $40k over a base model 3er?  Let's see... Not any more practical.  Not any more luxurious .  Its definitely more flashy.  It's definitely louder and draws more attention.  Higher running costs.... Oh, maybe that $40k was worth it for the slightly cooler looking front bumper!!!  That's got to be it!!!

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 07:29:20 PM
Yeah I've never said anything remotely like that :huh:

Right, because you first need to buy some gormet take out and throw it away before starting them on gruel... But not organic gruel.  God no, organics are for people who waste money and want to show off.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 07:24:23 PM
Sort of, except I said "you" referring to your Trumpish tendancy to proclaim how much common sense you have, dumbass. 

So your claiming I just spread some False News????  :popcorn:

Do like tweeting too???

Pumpkins!  Do pumpkins secretly turn you on????

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:35:02 PM

So what was it about the Vette and M3 that appeals so much to a non-enthusiast?

The bad ride?  Bad gas mileage? I'd ask maybe if it wad brilliant packaging efficiency, but apparently the 4 door 3 series can't fit 2 adults and 2 kids.

Hmm if I wasn't an enthusiast and didn't care about image, then why would I drop the extra $40k over a base model 3er?  Let's see... Not any more practical.  Not any more luxurious .  Its definitely more flashy.  It's definitely louder and draws more attention.  Higher running costs.... Oh, maybe that $40k was worth it for the slightly cooler looking front bumper!!!  That's got to be it!!!

This has been covered (all of this has really) in its own thread ... you can have an interest in something below the level of "enthusiast". I like and am interested in cars, as well as many other things, but am not what I would call an enthusiast and never claimed to be.

It would be stupid to say you need to be an "enthusiast" re every category people spend a discretionary dollar on (then again, your entire obsession/position here is incredibly stupid, as well as weird, have I mentioned your level of interest on this is fucking weird you must be a real chill non-controlling type).

Price diff isn't $40k, in fact a well equipped non-M 3-series was like $60k as I had it configured.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 08, 2018, 07:43:55 PM
So your claiming I just spread some False News????  :popcorn:

Do like tweeting too???

Pumpkins!  Do pumpkins secretly turn you on????

Nah, mainly just telling people how smart you are and a grossly inflated idea of the value/importance of your erroneous opinions.

2o6

What the fuck happened to this thread

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on January 08, 2018, 10:40:12 PM

It got entertaining. Then it got a little cringey. But then it got entertaining again
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 08, 2018, 08:47:35 PM
This has been covered (all of this has really) in its own thread ... you can have an interest in something below the level of "enthusiast". I like and am interested in cars, as well as many other things, but am not what I would call an enthusiast and never claimed to be.

It would be stupid to say you need to be an "enthusiast" re every category people spend a discretionary dollar on (then again, your entire obsession/position here is incredibly stupid, as well as weird, have I mentioned your level of interest on this is fucking weird you must be a real chill non-controlling type).

Price diff isn't $40k, in fact a well equipped non-M 3-series was like $60k as I had it configured.

It's an amazing fact, but BMW actually sells 3ers below hardcore enthusiast grade!  Who the hell would have thought that?!?!?!

Sorry the difference is only $20k more.  It's really not that much more to pay for a nicer bumper!!!  It is halarious though coming from someone who thinks the world shouldn't drive anything more then a $25k CRV.

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 09, 2018, 04:47:36 AM

It's an amazing fact, but BMW actually sells 3ers below hardcore enthusiast grade!  Who the hell would have thought that?!?!?!

Sorry the difference is only $20k more.  It's really not that much more to pay for a nicer bumper!!!  It is halarious though coming from someone who thinks the world shouldn't drive anything more then a $25k CRV.

Had I bought a regular 3er it be selling that today as well :huh:

Nope, still not at $20k your math still sucks.

Not everyone needs a CRV but most people spend way too much on cars (and as also covered, most people aren't just not enthusiasts most have very little to no interest in cars). 

We keep going over the same info but we'll get you caught up yet Rotor.

Lebowski

Quote from: 2o6 on January 08, 2018, 10:40:12 PM

Rotor is extremely passionate about what my sig other drives (and apparently now to add, what my kids eat).  Yeah, some people might find that weird, a little stalkerish even, but it's just Rotor being Rotor, he's an emotional trainwreck and prone to get angry over unimportant details of strangers' lives.

r0tor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 09, 2018, 05:14:02 AM
Had I bought a regular 3er it be selling that today as well :huh:

Nope, still not at $20k your math still sucks.

Not everyone needs a CRV but most people spend way too much on cars (and as also covered, most people aren't just not enthusiasts most have very little to no interest in cars). 

We keep going over the same info but we'll get you caught up yet Rotor.

WTF dude... You couldn't get a 3er for less than $60?

Here is a loaded M sport AWD wagon... Think of the milfs you could have gone cruising for with your dogs at whole foods in that thing!!!

My math is clearly terrible

Soup DeVille

Hey, there's no reason to disparage the MILFs at Whole Foods in this thread.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 09, 2018, 05:51:51 AM

WTF dude... You couldn't get a 3er for less than $60?

I didn't say you can't, I said the way I configured it came out to $60k+.

This goes back to the underlying point of you don't get to dictate other people's preferences, wants, or needs. Your obsession with telling me what I or my family are allowed to want is not a normal thing.

For example, I wouldn't deign to tell you you can't buy an SUV with a tiny interior to drive in snow that passenger cars are perfectly capable of handling.  Stop and take an "artistic" (bad art can still be called art I suppose) picture to document your make believe ruggedness for all I care.  Just make sure you finance the car so you can invest the spread.

r0tor

$60k?  Damn, you must have loaded tons of frivolous stuff a non-enthusiast would never need.  That does not sound too responsible at all!!  :hmm:

It does do a great job at trying to justify an expensive poser purchase though  :wanker:

Lebowski

Quote from: r0tor on January 09, 2018, 08:20:12 AM

$60k?  Damn, you must have loaded tons of frivolous stuff a non-enthusiast would never need.  That does not sound too responsible at all!!  :hmm:

It does do a great job at trying to justify an expensive poser purchase though  :wanker:

There's a like 3 1/2 year old build thread, why don't you direct your erroneous comments on how I should have configured a car three years ago there. I can only hope they'll be as intelligent and insightful as "replace the 4Runner you said you both like with an X1 that can't even fit the four of you + 2 dogs".

Gotta-Qik-C7

I need a drink..................
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Soup DeVille

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 09, 2018, 04:34:54 PM
Might I suggest a gin and tonic?
Wild Turkey 101 is my drink of choice!  :partyon: :rockon:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide