Mercedes got Scrunched

Started by Morris Minor, January 03, 2018, 12:56:38 PM

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 24, 2018, 06:58:06 AM
Although wife and I had informally agreed upon waiting until spring 2019 to get a Miata, I'm been perusing minivans for sale.

A few years newer than mine could mean
-sunroof possible
-rolldown 2nd row windows (mine don't open)
-subwoofer options
-DVD/entertainment system for back
-nav builtin
-Bluetooth? steering wheel controls?

Odyssey now has 217k miles and although "Sandy" has been extremely reliable for us for 50k miles (since Feb2015) I worry that eventually she'll need to be replaced.

Just buy a damn Miata.  You've been talking about it for what feels like a decade.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 24, 2018, 08:18:14 AM
Just buy a damn Miata.  You've been talking about it for what feels like a decade.

LOL I had one 2012-2013. So it's only been a half decade. :ohyeah:

Have to balance wants with needs with retirement with wife with kids with life...
Will

shp4man

Buy a Harley!  :lol:. It's the opposite of a minivan!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: shp4man on January 24, 2018, 08:54:36 AM
Buy a Harley!  :lol:. It's the opposite of a minivan!

Gross. If I went with motorcycle, it would be a BMW-type touring bike.

Miata is safer, more comfortable, more useful/practical, and you don't have to wear a helmet. ;)
Will

68_427

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on January 23, 2018, 06:11:46 PM
:lol: Sporty is gonna go CUV on us next! Lowered on Coil overs and summer tires course.........  :evildude:

Sporty doesn't believe in the benefits of summer tires
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Morris Minor

We're getting a new white AWD CR-V Touring. Should be picking it up today or tomorrow.
Unknown to me, my best friend got one last week - they love it.

The G has 63,000 miles on it and, apart from some minor scratches, is in great shape. That will serve as a fun car for now.

(This is first new car we've bought since the Pilot 17 years ago, which is still in the family. Hopefully this will last as as long.)
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤

Payman

White. Because of course it is.

Payman

I jest (sort of). Congratulations! (not really)

:lol:

Morris Minor

Quote from: Rockraven on January 26, 2018, 12:27:14 PM
If we didn't want to wait nine weeks, the choice was no AWD CR-V Touring or the sole AWD CR-V Touring in the northern half of Georgia, which is white.

Lebowski

Very nice!  Give me first dibs when you decide to sell it in 17 years.

93JC

Quote from: Rockraven on January 26, 2018, 12:27:14 PM

I imagine the car market in Georgia is very much like Florida's: most cars are white, silver or 'champagne', and have light-coloured interiors. The heat and humidity there is just brutal.

Morris Minor

Quote from: 93JC on January 26, 2018, 01:05:34 PM
I imagine the car market in Georgia is very much like Florida's: most cars are white, silver or 'champagne', and have light-coloured interiors. The heat and humidity there is just brutal.
I once did a little comparison with an infrared thermometer: the black M-B next to my daughter's white Prius in the driveway. Can't remember how much, but the difference was dramatic. But you don't really need a thermometer: the car that burns your hand will be the black one.

MexicoCityM3

White van man. And his wife.

Congrats. But also sad.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

shp4man

Ive used my infra-red heat gun to measure the temperature on cars here in the summer. On a 100 degree day, there is a 77 degree difference from a white car to a black car, measured on the trunk of both cars.
Was bored and the cars were right outside my stall, so..... :huh:

Morris Minor

Quote from: Lebowski on January 26, 2018, 01:01:52 PM
Very nice!  Give me first dibs when you decide to sell it in 17 years.
I'll be 78 in 2035, and probably gaga, so you'll have to go easy on negotiating with me.

(I'll try not to piss on the seats.)

Lebowski

Quote from: Morris Minor on January 26, 2018, 04:01:31 PM
I'll be 78 in 2035, and probably gaga, so you'll have to go easy on negotiating with me.

(I'll try not to piss on the seats.)

Can we just agree I pay you a modest amount today and you leave it to my fiancé in the will?

veeman

Congratulations! 

20 - 30 years ago, if this same scenario happened but you were your current age/life stage, you would have gotten an Accord and fellow spinners wouldn't have given you this much sarcasm.  Today's CRV was yesterday's Accord.  The CRV drives like a sedan at U.S. low speed limits, but it's easier to get in and out of, has a bigger boot or at least more useful boot, it's better to transport a dog in, and with AWD (however lame that AWD system is) - you won't get so easily stuck on the road where it snows given equivalent type tires. 

Payman

AutobahnSHO

Will