New VW Jetta

Started by 2o6, January 15, 2018, 08:38:02 AM

TBR

Quote from: Rich on July 09, 2018, 12:23:40 PM
Why a Jetta over the Golf?  Looks nice, though.  Will you get new wheels/tires for it?  Lower it?

I hope that digital dash is without blue screens of death.  I think you're the only member so far with a digital dash?

Eric doesn't like hatchbacks. Really, once the 2019 Jetta came out and looked for pretty good (more exciting vs the prev two generations), it was inevitable. Eric's first car was a Jetta so he's pretty attached to the nameplate.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Rich on July 09, 2018, 12:23:40 PM
Why a Jetta over the Golf?  Looks nice, though.  Will you get new wheels/tires for it?  Lower it?

I hope that digital dash is without blue screens of death.  I think you're the only member so far with a digital dash?

Is BSOD a legit excuse for speeding? :lol:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

HurricaneSteve

Isn't the Jetta roomier than the Golf? Either way, nice car! Very reminiscent of the A3 sedan.

Xer0

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 09, 2018, 11:54:31 AM
Interesting, it looks better in "real life" pictures than the professional studio shots VW puts out.

Nice looking car IMHO.  :ohyeah:

That actually looks a lot better in real life, wow.  Maybe its the color?  But the press photos are much more boring.

93JC

Quote from: TBR on July 09, 2018, 01:03:35 PM
Eric doesn't like hatchbacks.

Pfff, yeah well hatchbacks don't like him either.

veeman

The red color which to my eyes has an orange tinge to it I've seen on a lot of new VW Tiguans. I think it looks fantastic especially when compared with the sea of white, silver, black and all shades in between of what most people get. It really pops in a good way.  I wonder how much it'll fade after a few years of sunlight exposure.  Great choice!

giant_mtb

I've been seeing more and more interesting colors on cars, I think. Or I just notice it more now. Dunno.

TBR

Quote from: veeman on July 10, 2018, 11:38:25 AM
The red color which to my eyes has an orange tinge to it I've seen on a lot of new VW Tiguans. I think it looks fantastic especially when compared with the sea of white, silver, black and all shades in between of what most people get. It really pops in a good way.  I wonder how much it'll fade after a few years of sunlight exposure.  Great choice!

Looks a bit red in those pictures, but it is orange.

I wouldn't have picked it myself, but I do think it looks quite nice. Definitely stands out (hence why I wouldn't pick it myself).

Vastly better than the discount grade blue they used in the press photos, that's for sure.

Also, realized I forgot - definitely won't lower it, but might get new wheels eventually, although we've already warmed up to these quite a bit.

FoMoJo

Black chrome rims would look nice with that colour.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

veeman

I like the OEM wheels you have on there.

Char

Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

12,000 RPM

What's wrong with KIAs????
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 13, 2018, 01:02:08 PM
What's wrong with KIAs????

It looks like a Kia. I didn't say anything about the brand.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.