What would you sell?

Started by MexicoCityM3, February 19, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

12,000 RPM

Yea depending on your ownership horizon for the 991.2 getting a daily grind anode makes sense.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Lebowski

I don't understand why something would go from "didn't happen" to considering based on an email from the dealer ... ie, why is the salesman driving your decision process?

If you did get one I'd say sell everything in the existing fleet, get the wife something intelligent like a CRV, tell the butler to buy his own car, and daily drive the 911.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Lebowski on June 06, 2018, 11:12:51 AM
I don't understand why something would go from "didn't happen" to considering based on an email from the dealer ... ie, why is the salesman driving your decision process?

If you did get one I'd say sell everything in the existing fleet, get the wife something intelligent like a CRV, tell the butler to buy his own car, and daily drive the 911.

I hate that you're right. That's what salesmen get paid for, however.

911T+1M+X5+Hilux seems to me a great complete garage. But I am not sure I "deserve" a 911 yet. Company is doing well, but as always there is risk and the 911 down here is kind of an exotic, I've made it made it car in whatever flavor. In the US it is a more of a (admittedly high end) daily driver.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Lebowski

Re salesmen, i view car salesmen as an annoying middleman that I'm forced to go through because car cos don't sell direct. A car salesman should never have sway over your purchase decision IMO.

I was half joking about the CRV comment if that wasn't clear. If a 911 is too flashy to daily drive, what about daily drive something like a Tacoma (super low key, at least here), keep X5 for wife, get the 911 and sell everything else?

MrH

Quote from: Lebowski on June 06, 2018, 02:17:47 PM
Re salesmen, i view car salesmen as an annoying middleman that I'm forced to go through because car cos don't sell direct. A car salesman should never have sway over your purchase decision IMO.

I was half joking about the CRV comment if that wasn't clear. If a 911 is too flashy to daily drive, what about daily drive something like a Tacoma (super low key, at least here), keep X5 for wife, get the 911 and sell everything else?

Or maybe.....even a 4Runner?! *dun dun DUN*

I figured Héctor would insist on having a BMW, that's why I suggested something like a 530i for daily driving and the 911 for fun. Makes a lot more sense than keeping 6 cars and buying a 7th for the butler.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: MrH on June 06, 2018, 04:59:10 PM
Or maybe.....even a 4Runner?! *dun dun DUN*

I figured Héctor would insist on having a BMW, that's why I suggested something like a 530i for daily driving and the 911 for fun. Makes a lot more sense than keeping 6 cars and buying a 7th for the butler.

4runner not sold here weirdly. Tacoma yes.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

68_427

Fortuner is cooler anyways IMO.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no