Toyota Auris

Started by 2o6, March 06, 2018, 08:54:11 AM

2o6

So this will likely at least somewhat preview the next US bound Corolla

Built on the new TNGA chassis; the EU Toyota Auris.

https://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2019-auris/

Interestingly enough, this new car only comes with one non hybrid engine; the 1.2T popular in other markets. Otherwise it gets the Prius's hybrid system (1.8L Atkinson = 122HP combined output), or a new hybrid system that produces 180HP.

12,000 RPM

We will soldier on with the anemic 1.8, because America's roads & traffic are doo doo and have sucked all passion for driving out of the automotive civilian market.

Somehow I feel Toyota will decontent this... I'm pretty sure the current Corolla is selling like gangbusters.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Submariner

Jesus, Toyota's PR pictures really are uniformly terrible.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

mzziaz

Looks a lot better than the current version, which isn't saying much.
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

It looks pretty good - for a Toyota.

When this will be sold here it'll be the only good-looking Toyota on sale here. The upcoming Supra does not look promising.

Make a wagon version out of it and give it to me for free and I wouldn't say no. Unfortunately it will most likely be dull to drive.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

TaNGA chassis.

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Payman

Looks like an angry trout.

r0tor

Quote from: Submariner on March 06, 2018, 11:48:11 AM
Jesus, Toyota's PR pictures really are uniformly terrible.

Pretty sure it's 100% computer generated
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

93JC

Jesus Christ guys, we need NSFW tags or something.

2o6

Please? I don't want to have this shit pop up at work, damn.

Soup DeVille

There has to be a joke somewhere about the Auris, and the Lamborghini Urus.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Yes, Hector, being from a civilised country, forgets what a bunch of hypocritical fucktwats we are here in the Usa.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Payman

Quote from: 93JC on March 13, 2018, 08:08:08 AM
Jesus Christ guys, we need NSFW tags or something.
Quote from: 2o6 on March 13, 2018, 08:12:47 AM
Please? I don't want to have this shit pop up at work, damn.

Because your boss doesn't mind you goofing off on a car forum, but ZOMG a female butt!!!

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rockraven on March 14, 2018, 08:22:55 AM
Because your boss doesn't mind you goofing off on a car forum, but ZOMG a female butt!!!

Nobody wants to be known as the guy who looks at butts on his work computer...

93JC

Yes, precisely.

Payman

12,000 RPM

Yes, we actually had a conversation around that while discussing the Stormy Daniels/Trump thing. As long as the work gets done and the image of the dept isn't tarnished everything is cool.

But yea here in America butts on work screens is frowned on (unless you are a plastic surgeon... or proctologist :weirdo:... or underwear/bikini designer/photographer )
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

I know, I'm just being a smartass. Nobody can see what I'm doing at my workstation, so pics like that don't phase me, but I completely understand the NSFW concerns.

Laconian

About eight people in my workspace can see my screen.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on March 14, 2018, 11:22:37 AM
About eight people in my workspace can see my screen.

I feel like in your case you browsing women's buttz would raise more questions than for most guys
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Payman

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 14, 2018, 12:43:31 PM
I feel like in your case you browsing women's buttz would raise more questions than for most guys
:lol:

2o6

I am really surprised! Looks like we're getting the Auris basically unchanged! And we get a 6MT option!

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-toyota-corolla-hatch-actually-seems-awesome-be-1824017717

Payman

This abomination gets a manual, but the new Supra doesn't.

SJ_GTI

That looks pretty good. I am assuming that is the "hot" version of the hatch.

68_427

Quote from: SJ_GTI on March 23, 2018, 10:00:04 AM
That looks pretty good. I am assuming that is the "hot" version of the hatch.

Yes the XSE trim.  I really like this as well.  First Toyota with car play I think.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Quote from: 68_427 on March 23, 2018, 10:27:01 AM
Yes the XSE trim.  I really like this as well.  First Toyota with car play I think.

New Avalon has it

Payman

I have to applaud Toyota. They took a Civic hatchback and managed to make it uglier. Quite the accomplishment.  :golfclap:

2o6

I think this actually looks really nice.