Lincoln Aviator

Started by 12,000 RPM, March 28, 2018, 06:04:48 AM

12,000 RPM

Holy crap

This thing is a winner. Range Rover must be furious. This looks better than most Range Rovers

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/03/lincoln-aviator-right-sized-suv-cleared-takeoff/
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

giant_mtb

Speed_Racer

The Lincoln design language flows a lot better on this vs. the Navigator. This is a hot looking CUV!

68_427

Based on the new explorer platform which is moving to red based.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

RomanChariot

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2018, 09:04:05 AM
Those wheels. 😍

The wheels are the feature I like the least. I don't like really busy looking wheels.

Overall, they did a great job.

giant_mtb

Quote from: RomanChariot on March 28, 2018, 01:52:06 PM
The wheels are the feature I like the least. I don't like really busy looking wheels.

Overall, they did a great job.

They are a bit busy, but I like the way they feel like they're moving even though they aren't.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Gotta-Qik-C7

NICE! It reminds me of the F Pace.........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Xer0

Personally I love it.  With the new Nav and this, Lincoln just went from "what?" to "holy shit".  Having actual names for their cars finally is just gravy.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Xer0 on March 30, 2018, 10:39:25 AM
Personally I love it.  With the new Nav and this, Lincoln just went from "what?" to "holy shit".  Having actual names for their cars finally is just gravy.

+1
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Xer0 on March 30, 2018, 10:39:25 AM
Are you listening GM!?!?!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

giant_mtb

For real. Their nomenclature was shit when they converted to MK-whatever.  They were just letters that meant nothing.

Morris Minor

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 30, 2018, 10:08:08 PM
For real. Their nomenclature was shit when they converted to MK-whatever.  They were just letters that meant nothing.
It's a good move.
Next up, they're updating/refreshing the MKX & calling it the Nautilus.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Raza

Range Rover-esque silhouette and an F-Pace like front fascia.  I guess if you're going to rip off other designs, they might as well be good ones. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

They improved on either of them
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raza  on March 31, 2018, 02:39:38 PM
Range Rover-esque silhouette and an F-Pace like front fascia.  I guess if you're going to rip off other designs, they might as well be good ones. 

Not seeing it.  And anything is better than "F-Pace."

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 68_427 on March 31, 2018, 03:59:41 PM
Not when you factor in the badge.

Raza

Quote from: 68_427 on March 31, 2018, 03:59:41 PM

Not really. It's a good looking truck, it's just incredibly derivative.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 01, 2018, 04:05:53 AM
Not when you factor in the badge.

Badge hasn't been an issue with the new Navigator
'racecar is die'
no

cawimmer430

To me the exterior is incredibly dull and bland. I'm not feeling it and I will probably never see this car in person where one can judge the true aesthetics of any vehicle.

But the interior is the first Lincoln cabin in decades which I find very aesthetically pleasing. It also looks well-made and has an aura of top quality to it.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

What SUVs do you feel have interesting & exciting designs?

cawimmer430

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 02, 2018, 08:19:17 AM
What SUVs do you feel have interesting & exciting designs?

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

veeman

I think this Aviator looks fantastic inside and out.  The problem I foresee is Ford/Lincoln tends to be very optimistic about what they can charge for their premium SUVs and this has bitten them in the ass before.  The original Aviator failed because it was so expensive for a "mid size" SUV. They charged around 50 grand for it back in 2004. 

The Navigator is getting away with 80 grand price tag but I don't think the Aviator will sell well in the upper 50 to 60 thousand dollar price range.  I'm interested to see if they price it right.  I don't think they will.

Morris Minor

It's great looking, but if you're looking for a premium SUV, you are more likely to go for a brand with breeding & pedigree (Range Rover, M-B, Audi, Jag, BMW) than you are for a Ford with twiddly bits.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

93JC

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 03, 2018, 05:07:37 AM
It's great looking, but if you're looking for a premium SUV, you are more likely to go for a brand with breeding & pedigree (Range Rover, M-B, Audi, Jag, BMW) than you are for a Ford with twiddly bits.

lol

Soup DeVille

Lincoln was of course the first Cadillac before they were ever Fords.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

If Ford is smart with the pricing, equipment and marketing I think they could generate some interest. I could see a lot of these in the same households as equally expensive F-150s.