The Eclipse Cross is even worse than I thought

Started by 12,000 RPM, June 19, 2018, 05:13:33 PM

12,000 RPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXjf7kRstw

Cramped
Expensive (priced like a compact but closer to a subcompact in interior space)
Bad handling
Bad ride
Mediocre acceleration

The one shining point is fuel economy. 30 MPG combined in the real world which is actually pretty good. But I wish Mitsubishi had just made a STANDARD_COMPACT_CROSSOVER. This particular one MSRPs for $27K and has manual seats + no lumbar support. A $27K CR-V has a power drivers seat w/lumbar support. Little shit like that. But you know what. Nobody is paying $27K for this or cross shopping it with a CR-V. So I guess that kind of comparison doesn't matter.

You look at Mitsubishi's non-Mirage offerings, they were not bad when new. This thing just seems doomed from the start.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

veeman

These types of cars are the fastest growing segment out there.  I think it would be a consideration over a Rogue just because Rogues are so common and Mitsubishi has a 10 year/100,000 mile power train warranty.

I drove my sister in law's Rogue a bit.  It was fine.  Nothing special.  Nothing bad.  Looks good.  If this drove OK, and I could get better financing terms on it, and it has a significantly longer warranty... 

I'd be worried about Mitsubishi pulling out of the States though.  And apparently the ride sucks so there's that.

On my base Crosstrek and previous Beetle, I had manual seats.  It's fine.  I don't care.  I actually like the old school simpleness of them.  I never use lumbar support.  It feels weird on the small of my back.   

AutobahnSHO

Saw one the other day, back looks ugly. They did the split rear window thing. WHY? Cameras are mandatory, right?!?!
Will

12,000 RPM

Quote from: veeman on June 20, 2018, 11:00:05 PM
These types of cars are the fastest growing segment out there.  I think it would be a consideration over a Rogue just because Rogues are so common and Mitsubishi has a 10 year/100,000 mile power train warranty.

I drove my sister in law's Rogue a bit.  It was fine.  Nothing special.  Nothing bad.  Looks good.  If this drove OK, and I could get better financing terms on it, and it has a significantly longer warranty... 

I'd be worried about Mitsubishi pulling out of the States though.  And apparently the ride sucks so there's that.

On my base Crosstrek and previous Beetle, I had manual seats.  It's fine.  I don't care.  I actually like the old school simpleness of them.  I never use lumbar support.  It feels weird on the small of my back.   
Thing is someone shopping for a Rogue will get in this and feel cramped, if they can get past the looks. These things are commodities; it almost doesn't pay to make something that stands out- especially if it's ugly, and those looks come at the expense of practicality.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs