Volvo S60!

Started by 2o6, June 20, 2018, 11:02:43 AM

2o6

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

CaminoRacer

Taillights are a bit odd. They could be half as big.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Xer0

Starting at only 36K too.  Pricing looks to be very competitive vs the Germans that are starting at 40K.

Galaxy

Volvo is really on a role, and the Chinese actually have a positive role here.

FoMoJo

Still looks very solid.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Calming down. Want to see it in working man's trims, and also know how much one would have to spend for a hybrid version.

SJ_GTI

Looks really good. They did a great job on the proportions...particularly when you keep in mind this is a FWD architecture.

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on June 20, 2018, 11:44:52 AM
Calming down. Want to see it in working man's trims, and also know how much one would have to spend for a hybrid version.

MexicoCityM3

It is nice, but getting slightly boring across the line (like the germans). It's probably the best commuter in the segment. But the drivetrain leaves a lot to be desired.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

r0tor

Not a fan of Volvos interior infotainment stack and not a fan of their supercharged turbo engines that lack the refinement and power of a turbo 6 without any significant fuel economy benefits.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

68_427

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on June 20, 2018, 01:14:56 PM
It is nice, but getting slightly boring across the line (like the germans). It's probably the best commuter in the segment. But the drivetrain leaves a lot to be desired.

55k for a 400hp plug in hybrid variant? 
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 68_427 on June 20, 2018, 06:10:02 PM
55k for a 400hp plug in hybrid variant? 

I guarantee you it won't be any faster than the german 6 cylinder options that are priced about the same or below. And it will be heavier and handle less well.

None of these hybrids make a lot of sense except for very specific use cases. And  I think they are a bit less stupid at the power levels of say, a 330e.

Also, this will have to fend off the next 3 series which will be out in less than a year and is rumoured to bring an all-electric option. It is competitive now, we´ll see how it holds up very soon.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

giant_mtb

Awesome proportions.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on June 20, 2018, 06:27:50 PM
I guarantee you it won't be any faster than the german 6 cylinder options that are priced about the same or below. And it will be heavier and handle less well.

None of these hybrids make a lot of sense except for very specific use cases. And  I think they are a bit less stupid at the power levels of say, a 330e.

Also, this will have to fend off the next 3 series which will be out in less than a year and is rumoured to bring an all-electric option. It is competitive now, we´ll see how it holds up very soon.
I think you are missing the point of luxury hybrids and misreading the market. After my experience with a non sport F30, I'm convinced next to nobody is buying cars in this segment for handling. That thing did not handle well at all even at like 4/10ths. And the continued availability of cars like the 320i, Q50 2.0t, A4 "Ultra" and other entry level luxury sedans that are barely faster than a base Accord suggest much of the market doesn't care about speed either.

I'm not quite sold on plug in hybrids, especially with the tiny range they usually have. But regular hybrids seem like a good fit. There are basically no downsides that matter to 99% of the market. They enable people to lower their environmental impact without having to endure living with and looking at something like a Prius everyday. Personally at this point I'd take something like a 330e over a 340i... to be really hardcore the 340i would need a shit load of parts and work anyway. For the daily grind the 330e (charged by clean power) is more appealing.

Raza

Quote from: CaminoRacer on June 20, 2018, 11:14:18 AM
Taillights are a bit odd. They could be half as big.

They could also be twice as big. Count your blessings.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.