Automotive Nirvana

Started by Payman, July 12, 2018, 08:01:04 AM

Payman

This is it. Peak automobile. A million dollar Patek Phillipe on wheels.

https://jalopnik.com/the-singer-williams-dls-is-the-ultimate-carbon-fiber-vi-1827538039

No mention of price, but probably on par with the original McLaren F1, which went for $800,000+ some 20 years ago, and is commanding $15 million plus today.

MrH

Yeah, that thing is basically perfect.  I don't like the gauges much, but it's all picked by the buyer so you can get whatever you want.

I heard $1.8 million for the price.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Payman

Quote from: MrH on July 12, 2018, 08:31:56 AM
Yeah, that thing is basically perfect.  I don't like the gauges much, but it's all picked by the buyer so you can get whatever you want.

I heard $1.8 million for the price.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit, and I'd still call that a solid investment. I bet all 75 are sold.

CaminoRacer

Ugly imo. I'd prefer a more stock style with upgraded materials and parts.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

giant_mtb

So do they buy 75 of those Porsches, modify, and sell?  Or do they offer up this design/package to anyone with that specific model of Porsche?

Galaxy

The attention to detail is amazing. Pagani is the only other car maker at the moment that comes close.

GoCougs

Not a fan - excess for the sake of excess in the chase to make something into something that it isn't + little in the way of value or achievement.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 12, 2018, 09:28:56 AM
Ugly imo. I'd prefer a more stock style with upgraded materials and parts.
Ugly is a bit far, but I prefer a stockish 964's looks for sure.

I'm also not crazy about how sports cars designed to be driven have basically become automotive real estate holdings. When the Porsche bubble pops it will be a great day for driving enthusiasts.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on July 12, 2018, 10:56:18 AM
Ugly is a bit far, but I prefer a stockish 964's looks for sure.

I'm also not crazy about how sports cars designed to be driven have basically become automotive real estate holdings. When the Porsche bubble pops it will be a great day for driving enthusiasts.

I agree, the F1 comparison was that the Singer will surely go up in value. This is meant to be driven.

Payman

Quote from: GoCougs on July 12, 2018, 10:28:31 AM
Not a fan - excess for the sake of excess in the chase to make something into something that it isn't + little in the way of value or achievement.

Best stick with a Camaro then.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Rockraven on July 12, 2018, 11:00:43 AM
I agree, the F1 comparison was that the Singer will surely go up in value. This is meant to be driven.
IDK man... if Singers are investment grade, Singer-Williams is like a Treasury bond with a double digit return.

I do miss the days when random F1 engineering firms would partner with humdrum mainstream manufacturers, like the Clio Williams. This is not like that though....
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

GoCougs

Quote from: Rockraven on July 12, 2018, 11:01:45 AM
Best stick with a Camaro then.

Gladly - early second gen Camaro looks better and has a better motor (queue the 911 LS/LT swaps, but I'll go easy for now ;)).

After reading that wiring harness costs $30k, one has to know knew things were off the rails for the sake of being off the rails.

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 12, 2018, 09:31:41 AM
So do they buy 75 of those Porsches, modify, and sell?  Or do they offer up this design/package to anyone with that specific model of Porsche?

Pretty sure they are making the entire body out of CF in house
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no