Avoiding Police Bashing

Started by TurboDan, May 05, 2005, 12:28:34 AM

City Pig

Quoteit's too bad Raza doesn't understand the purpose of cops.
:rolleyes:
it's true...

Raghavan

it's true...
??

City Pig

it's true...
??
I'm just rolling my eyes at him rolling his eyes at you rolling your eyes at him rolling his eyes.......and on and on....

L. ed foote

it's true...
??
I'm just rolling my eyes at him rolling his eyes at you rolling your eyes at him rolling his eyes.......and on and on....

getting in on the fun  :praise:  
Member, Self Preservation Society

R33 GT-R

it's true...
??

getting in on the fun  :praise:
Boo Ya!  

:rockon:  
Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

ragnacor1234

Some cops are assholes and some are not.  I don't think its really fair to censor people and not allow them to share their opinion.  As long as the poster isn't trolling and posting anti-cop material on a daily basis it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

Catman

QuoteSome cops are assholes and some are not.  I don't think its really fair to censor people and not allow them to share their opinion.  As long as the poster isn't trolling and posting anti-cop material on a daily basis it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.
No one is prevented from opinions here.  However, arbitrary and stereotypical bashing isn't tolerated against anyone, even cops. B)  

hounddog

I'm here cuz I got kicked out of CopWatch.com.   :D
Plus I was invited by Catman.come_on.getrid/of_bigfishy.org :clap:  
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

QuoteI'm here cuz I got kicked out of CopWatch.com.   :D
After reading your reference to copwatch on o.com I went over there.  I thought I was prepared for what I would see but I didn't expect it to be so nasty.  That one guy, I think the admin, is a total dick.  

City Pig

Hmmmmm....Too bad I'm not mentioned on there....

Sounds like a bunch of wingnuts to me! I don't mind a little skepticism but these folks are a little off the wall. They're probably the same type of people that call you on and then say "I wasn't talking to you, officer" when you challenge them or wait until the handcuffs are on and are in the back of the cruiser before they start being the tough guy. To them I say...........Whatever.

Oh! And this too   :growup:    :praise:

Edit: cuz I kant spel

hounddog

QuoteWelcome, hounddog.
Thank you.  I'm new to the whole internet thing, gettin a little old!!!  :(  Never really played on it before.  I like it here so far, even the people who seem to disagree seem to somehow get along!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hounddog

QuoteI'm here cuz I got kicked out of CopWatch.com.   :D
After reading your reference to copwatch on o.com I went over there.  I thought I was prepared for what I would see but I didn't expect it to be so nasty.  That one guy, I think the admin, is a total dick.
You must be referring to "duncan".  Yup, total dick.  I got kicked out because I invited him to meet with me so I could show him what real police brutality looks like.  He wouldn't take me up on it.   :devil:   Big surprise, all talk, no action.  I told him I would fly to colorado too.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

QuoteHmmmmm....Too bad I'm not mentioned on there....

Sounds like a bunch of wingnuts to me! I don't mind a little skepticism but these folks are a little off the wall. They're probably the same type of people that call you on and then say "I wasn't talking to you, officer" when you challenge them or wait until the handcuffs are on and are in the back of the cruiser before they start being the tough guy. To them I say...........Whatever.

Oh! And this too   :growup:    :praise:

Edit: cuz I kant spel
I once read somewhere that the FBI traced the posters.  If I remember right they were like 75% from state and federal prisons.  Go figure. :lol:

To the guys that start that in the back of the car I usually tell them that we will be at the jail then and I will take the cuffs off then.  When we get to that - nothing.  They never do anything about it at the jail when the cuffs really do come off, they usually just tuck their tails between their legs.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Catman

QuoteWelcome, hounddog.
Thank you.  I'm new to the whole internet thing, gettin a little old!!!  :(  Never really played on it before.  I like it here so far, even the people who seem to disagree seem to somehow get along!
A lot of us here were posters on Car & Driver for years when we started this site.  CarSPIN is almost one year old and goin strong.  Since most of us are regulars and trolls aren't tolerated there is a decent amount of mutual respect here, even for us cops. ;)    

the nameless one

QuoteTCSD and JY always fight because TCSD is always so black & white and that just gets JY going.
I think JY gets going because it bugs the hell out of The Nameless One.  It's become more of a sport than anything else.
The board looks nice. Good work, guys.
*Post consists of personal opinion only and does not constitute information released in an official capacity*

*   Heeyyyyyyyyyy did YOU know that you have NO First Amendment right to discuss ANYTHING even remotely related to your workplace? I didn't! I do now! Aint freedom grand? What is the point of a work-related internet forum if you can't legally DISCUSS anything work related? Maybe we can exchange baking recipes. What fun! *

* Don't look behind the curtain; don't dig too deep or ask too many questions; don't seek to expand your knowledge of how things REALLY work; "they" only want you to hear "their" official version of reality*

*"They " can be anyone. Take your pick. I know who MY "they" is. Who is yours?*

Catman

QuoteTCSD and JY always fight because TCSD is always so black & white and that just gets JY going.
I think JY gets going because it bugs the hell out of The Nameless One.  It's become more of a sport than anything else.
The board looks nice. Good work, guys.
Hey Nameless!  Welcome.

Atomic

what an important thread! i'd NEVER tolerate ANY police brutality (i.e. rodney king), NOR ANY police bashing -- none whatsoever! i'm glad that carspin respects the rights of all  :clap: !!! great job, dudes!

~ atomic

IrishGuy

What I think is funny is that we were having a thread to see who would get the next ticket and we were all excited when someone finally did (Car Zeus).
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

dazzleman

Quote from: IrishGuy on October 03, 2006, 05:46:59 PM
What I think is funny is that we were having a thread to see who would get the next ticket and we were all excited when someone finally did (Car Zeus).

Car Zeus is pretty excited about his ticket too.  It's pretty hilarious, everybody congratulating him, and he's proud as a peacock about his latest run-in with the law.

This is a much better way to handle this type of thing than to get angry about it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

I know I had a drink for Zeus.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza on October 05, 2006, 07:47:30 PM
I know I had a drink for Zeus.

Any excuse to get hammered, right Raza?  :lol: :thumbsup:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on October 05, 2006, 08:54:27 PM
Any excuse to get hammered, right Raza?  :lol: :thumbsup:

Who needs an excuse?  At least this is a fun reason to get drunk.  Whenever I get introspective, it's sad drinking.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

omicron

Quote from: Raza on October 10, 2006, 10:46:52 PM
Who needs an excuse? At least this is a fun reason to get drunk. Whenever I get introspective, it's sad drinking.

If I commence drinking when sad, the drinking causes happiness.

On that note, then, I designate tonight as a Drinking Night.

Also, the $35 drinking card at the Stag is on again this Friday night. ;)

Laconian

Omibob... I wish I knew how to quit you.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

Whatever happened to Omicron?

Northlands

Well, are there any LEO's left on this forum? Seems they've been ran out of Dodge.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

VTEC_Inside

Pretty sure they are all gone.

Not sure I ever witnessed any of us civilians being particularly rude to any of them...

I have to say that I though bing_oh was being particularly stubborn in the "fewer tickets" thread. That's just my opinion though. Kinda rash to leave the whole forum just because another member is being equally as stubborn (though I tended to side with Cougs.. )
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Northlands on May 11, 2015, 12:50:45 PM
Well, are there any LEO's left on this forum? Seems they've been ran out of Dodge.

Only the ones in the NSA which are on every forum on the Internet.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

dazzleman

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on May 12, 2015, 05:28:30 PM
Pretty sure they are all gone.

Not sure I ever witnessed any of us civilians being particularly rude to any of them...

I have to say that I though bing_oh was being particularly stubborn in the "fewer tickets" thread. That's just my opinion though. Kinda rash to leave the whole forum just because another member is being equally as stubborn (though I tended to side with Cougs.. )

They didn't leave because of anything in the "Driving and the Law" forum.