Spotted Today!

Started by Raza , June 22, 2005, 06:24:46 PM

CaminoRacer

I saw a couple Claritys and Toyota weird looking things in California last two times I was there (April and May). Meant to post this but never got around to it:

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

93JC

Quote from: giant_mtb on June 05, 2018, 04:12:35 AM
I've heard ads for the gas-electric hybrid Clarity...they don't mention anything about fuel cells. That's odd, no?

I'd guess fuel cells aren't available outside of California. I have never seen any advertising for the Clarity, at all. Like I said I had no idea they had redesigned the car and were selling hybrids here.

afty

Quote from: 93JC on June 05, 2018, 12:26:24 PM
I'd guess fuel cells aren't available outside of California. I have never seen any advertising for the Clarity, at all. Like I said I had no idea they had redesigned the car and were selling hybrids here.
I just heard a Clarity ad this morning, listening to the Planet Money podcast.  Didn't mention anything about fuel cells.

93JC

Corbin Sparrow, Suzuki Carry, Nissan Silvia (S15).

CaminoRacer

I saw an R33 GT-R the other day. :rockon:

JWC

You guys see all these great cars....meanwhile....

I spotted a 1985 or 1986 Dodge Charger in the parking lot of the hospital. It wasn't a immaculate, just someone's daily driver.

93JC

Quote from: JWC on June 09, 2018, 04:14:01 PM
You guys see all these great cars....meanwhile....

I spotted a 1985 or 1986 Dodge Charger in the parking lot of the hospital. It wasn't a immaculate, just someone's daily driver.

I saw a Chrysler Laser on my way home. :lol:

Also saw many little kei trucks used for groundskeeping at Spruce Meadows.

giant_mtb

Quote from: afty on June 06, 2018, 09:55:23 AM
I just heard a Clarity ad this morning, listening to the Planet Money podcast.  Didn't mention anything about fuel cells.

Yep, that's where I've heard the ads.  NPR podcassss.

93JC

An Eagle Vista sedan (first one in a looooooooooooong time), and a very nice '66 Chevelle convertible. (:mrcool:)

93JC

Laconian

Do you guys get excited over DSM sightings like I do? Eclipses and 3000GTs are like celebrities to me now. It's amazing to see ones that A) still work and B) aren't billowing clouds of blue smoke.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

93JC

I can't say, I haven't seen one in so long. I think I saw a Talon and a Plymouth Laser earlier this year..

93JC

'55 or '56 Imperial :vapors:

Beautiful teal colour, looked pretty much mint. Undoubtedly a very expensive, very well done restoration.

93JC

AutobahnSHO

Day two of road trip cross country. No cool cars so far. :'-(
Will

93JC

I'm not up on my motorcycles, but I can only surmise the Kawasaki Ninja I saw was one of the ones from the '80s. Definitely looked the part.

AutobahnSHO

So yesterday did see some fun ones-

-parked next to a white F-type at a gas station in Laramie, Wyoming.
-saw a bunch of old (1920s-1950s) cars coming the other way in Wyoming. Construction zone was one lane, so I'm sure the stack of traffic stuck behind them were loving it. Model A looking car, a few other old ones, and a 1930s car painted with "US Navy" on the side with other markings.
-1936 Cadillac pulling an old silver camping trailer. I only know the year because the plate was "36CADDY"

I was driving, so no pictures.
Will

CaminoRacer

All the old cars were probably headed to Des Moines for the Goodguys show

JWC

Not today....last winter maybe. Dodge Charger

93JC

'62 Lincoln Continental convertible :vapors:

Payman

The other day son and I were in Ottawa, and we finally saw it. Peak douche. Lamborghini Aventador roadster, full purplish pink foil body wrap, HATERZ license plate. We were too in awe of the douchiness to take a pic.

FoMoJo

Not an Aventador, but I did get this rather poor shot the other day on my cell...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

93JC

J90 Land Cruiser Prado

Laconian

Quote from: Rockraven on July 17, 2018, 06:24:07 PM
The other day son and I were in Ottawa, and we finally saw it. Peak douche. Lamborghini Aventador roadster, full purplish pink foil body wrap, HATERZ license plate. We were too in awe of the douchiness to take a pic.

Paid for with Bitcoin!!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CaminoRacer

Yesterday I saw a shiny gold-wrapped Fisker Karma.

MX793

Thought I'd glimpsed a new Stelvio but, upon closer examination, it turned out to just be an old Subaru Tribeca.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

mzziaz

Quote from: Rockraven on July 17, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

Let me help:
Cuore Sportivo

giant_mtb

"Look how much fuckin' money I have, you poor piece of shit!  Now this...this is class!!!"

AutobahnSHO

LOL at the NY auto show there was a (pimp?) room full of loud music and BLINGED cars. There was a Lambo with $100 bills all over the dashboard.

[sarc] so coooooooooool. [/sarcasm]
Will

FoMoJo

Spotted this while at the liquor store.  Not all that exciting, but I just liked the way it looked.

Lousy photo :(.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."