Nissan Sentra Wakes Up As A Ferrari F40, Is Pathetic Even By Replica Standards!

Started by cawimmer430, August 24, 2018, 10:59:59 AM

cawimmer430

Really, really Pathetic with a capital P. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Nissan Sentra Wakes Up As A Ferrari F40, Is Pathetic Even By Replica Standards

Aside from both being classified as road-legal automobiles, the only thing in common between a Nissan Sentra and a Ferrari F40 is... well, nothing acutally.

As far as the purpose for which they were built, the two nameplates couldn't be more different, which is why this Ferrari F40 replica being sold on Craigslist looks as sad as it does. In fact, 'sad' doesn't even come close to describing this atrocity, but anyway...

The ad doesn't specify much aside from the $5,800 asking price, and the fact that the donor car was a 1990 Nissan Sentra, a run-of-the-mill budget-friendly car that's now in its 7th generation.

On the other hand, the Ferrari F40 is a mid-engine supercar built in the late 80's as a direct successor to the 288 GTO. It was famously the last Ferrari model to be personally approved by Enzo Ferrari himself. It had almost five times as much horsepower as a 1990 Sentra, and could hit 100 km/h (62 mph) in roughly 4.7 seconds.

Even in the world of replicas, where you don't expect things to be exactly as the real thing, this one is an abomination. The design of the body kit is terrible and the proportions are totally off; as for fit and finish... just check out the gallery below for yourselves.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/old-nissan-sentra-wakes-ferrari-f40-pathetic-even-replica-standards/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

Remember when Top Gear called the Sentra (Sunny) the world's most boring as fuck car, and they blasted it to a crisp with a jet powered dragster?

That needs to happen here.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Payman

He shouldn't have cut out the entire rear wheel well. Should have left some like the fronts. The gap throws off the rest of the car.

Payman

Payman

Payman

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rockraven on August 24, 2018, 11:54:26 AM
It's almost worth it just to drive to Ferrari meets.

:lol:

Those Pontiac Fiero Ferrari replicas look so genuine now compared to this! :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 24, 2018, 01:51:00 PM
I want to meet the mind behind this.

I almost want to assume its a crash car built for a movie that somehow never got crashed- but I doubt it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

giant_mtb

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 25, 2018, 12:16:15 AM
Given that you made 8 separate comments about it...you wanna meet this guy. :lol:
For all we know, he IS this guy.

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 25, 2018, 09:15:54 AM
For all we know, he IS this guy.

Shhh... you'll blow my cover and the Ferrari club will revoke my membership.