EARLY ON: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Thread with Photos Added

Started by Atomic, November 24, 2012, 07:34:49 AM

Atomic

Not in the full monte just yet, but I am hearing that it's expected in December 2012... but betting January '13. Nevertheless, not far off and a lot of promise!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-grand-cherokee-2014.html < UPDATED, TOO, 12/05/2012

NOTE: Updated with Clear Spy Photographs, December 5, 2015: Scroll to Date

r0tor

:orly:Im a bit envious of the new tranny... my 5 speed is junk due to the ratios that were selected
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on November 24, 2012, 08:45:24 AM
:orly:Im a bit envious of the new tranny... my 5 speed is junk due to the ratios that were selected

Time to trade in fir a new SRT8. The rest of the Jeeps are Junk. Unless you want to go off road, then the Wrangler is good.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Atomic

From reliable buddies:

2014 Grand Cherokee  (Includes WKJeeps.com Exclusive Advance Information)

Order banks open - January 2013
Production startup - January 2013 (late March for diesel models)
Sales launch - January 2013
Mid-cycle refresh (interior and exterior)
Laredo, Limited, Overland and SRT8 models continue
New: ZF 8-speed automatic transmissions (8HP45 and 8HP70)
New: 3.0L Diesel engine option for north america (30 mpg)
New: All-new instrument cluster with 7" display screen
New: Refreshed front fascia/grille and rear fascia
New: Third-generation flexible Uconnect 5.0 radio platform
New: 8.4" SmartTouch navigation screen with one-step destination entry, 3-D city models, landmarks, and digital terrain modeling
New: Remote lock or unlock truck doors, start vehicle, and flash lights from any distance via the web or a smartphone application
New: Blu-Ray DVD Player with higher resolution screen (seat-mounted)
New: Revised 115V power inverter ? works with popular gaming systems
New: HD Radio (DAB/DMB - Digital Audio Broadcasting, Digital Multimedia Broadcast for export markets)
New: "ecall" - one-touch 911 access or Roadside Assistance Services (via rearview mirror button)
New: LED taillamps
New: Advanced Performance Pages screens (SRT only)
New: Under seat lighting
New: Headlamp washers for SRT8
New: Front park sensors for SRT8
New: Capless fuel filter
New: Suede headliner (SRT)
New: New: Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go feature
New: Powernet electrical architecture

2014 Dodge Durango will receive a dramatic refreshening, yet little is known except for Charger's race track inspired rear exterior rear lighting. Diesel option is expect. More info to come -- soon.

2014 Jeep Grand Wagoneer will likely benefit from many of the JGC advances but expect more of everything, including seating for 7-8 and lots of bling. No word as to availability of a diesel. Stay tuned.

PRIMARY SOURCE ON JGC ONLY: WKJeeps

TurboDan

I love the current Grand Cherokee. This looks like it'll get even better. Every time I see one, it turns my head.

MrH

:clap:  Probably the best in class already.  A new transmission, some interior goodies, and an available diesel will keep this at or near the top.  I really like these and am glad when I get one as a rental.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Atomic

I, too, am a fan of the current JGC. It's only going to get better from what I am hearing.

WookieOnRitalin

Love the GC. It would be my choice if I wanted something that size. Still in love with the Evoque. It's relatively the same size as the original GC and has a similar ride height. That is based on no metrics, but just my observation after seeing the Evoque in person and being a previous GC owner.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

AutobahnSHO

Speaking of, I get a rental 4x4 SUV next week in TX/NM. What should I "hope" for??
Will

MrH

Depends on what class. I'd hope for a grand Cherokee as a rental. That's about as good as you're going to get. Durango is pretty similar, but I prefer the Jeep.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

I think all Compact CUV's are 'nice', but I would rather have a Hyundai twin or a GM twin over an Escape. The new Escape is nice, but some points I don't feel are comfortable as other makes and models.

Atomic

Here it is: The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in its Clearest Spy Shots Yet. Pardon the Dirt and Dust.

- 8 Speed Transmission Across the Board, i.e., Laredo, Limited, Overland Limited, Overland Summit, SRT-8,*
- Anticipated 25% Increase in Gas Mileage with Standard Engines
- Clean Diesel Option for North America, Other Markets for MY14 for Even Higher MPG
- Other Enhancements Outlined Elsewhere (ABOVE) and TBA

*Special Edition Models Yet to be Released

Here is the link with really decent pictorial...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1080892_2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-spy-shots

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

J86

Atomic

The MY14 JGC look vastly improved in every respect without losing its true character. I really like its far cleaner, more elegant lines and no nonsense shape. Perfect light, yet thorough redesign. Well done.

93JC

Quote from: J86 on December 05, 2012, 06:52:49 PM
Thats a fantastic quote taken out of context :lol:

Glad I'm not the only perv around here who thought that was funny.

r0tor

Atomic

SVT666

Quote from: Atomic on December 06, 2012, 07:06:30 AM
I had to re-read. Got it! Lol.
You had to re-read?  Transmission was my second thought. :lol:

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: r0tor on December 05, 2012, 06:30:42 PM
I wish I had that tranny... ugh

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28432.msg1818472#msg1818472 date=1354830617
:orly:

YOLO