Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

BimmerM3

Quote from: Raza  on April 06, 2010, 08:44:40 PM
I take it you didn't know anyone else with a car? 
Quote from: Rupert on April 06, 2010, 09:12:24 PM
Leave that to some other person's car.

+1.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 08:44:55 PM
You consider that a good college experience?  To me, that sounds like shit.

Look at that! Mr. Super-Mature High-School Dude is too grown-up for all these college shenanigans.  :rolleyes:

GoCougs

Quote from: Rupert on April 06, 2010, 09:32:26 PM
Why was that a warning?

He's preparing delicate sensitivies for the coming affront.

LOL

CALL_911

Not gonna lie, what Cougs just described sounds like a lot of fun.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

I just did a mega clean-up of my closets during the weekend and came across my college pics and associated memorabilia, so those memories, and 1,321 more, were all queued up. I had very good times in college.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 06, 2010, 09:41:33 PM
Not gonna lie, what Cougs just described sounds like a lot of fun.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on April 06, 2010, 08:31:53 PM
College is murder on cars, that is, if you had a good college experience; puke in the back seat, way overloaded interior carrying anything from stolen street signs to a half a dozen drunken friends, dings in the lot/on street, blizzards/driving on salt/snow-covered roads, burn-outs in the parking lot, jaunts up dirt roads for miles on end to some party spot to gods knows what else. It is proven that 1 college mile is worth exactly 9.32 regular miles.

Save for the puke, that sounds fun.

the Teuton

Quote from: Rupert on April 06, 2010, 09:32:26 PM
Why was that a warning?

It's not; it's life unfortunately.

My rear bumper looks like shit because no one in this goddamn city knows how to drive.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

Quote from: 2o6 on April 06, 2010, 09:53:02 PM

Save for the puke, that sounds fun.

The puking isn't fun at the time, but when you're no longer "feeling it," it makes for awesome "WTF happened last night?" stories.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on April 06, 2010, 10:29:33 PM
The puking isn't fun at the time, but when you're no longer "feeling it," it makes for awesome "WTF happened last night?" stories.

Puke in a black man's car, instant death by random thugs from Cleveland.

the Teuton

Quote from: 2o6 on April 06, 2010, 10:31:18 PM

Puke in a black man's car, instant death by random thugs from Cleveland.

Straight up gangsta. But I won't be riding in a 1987 Monte Carlo rolling on Lexanis anytime soon.

CJ

Quote from: GoCougs on April 06, 2010, 09:06:36 PM
Ha! Yer setting yerself up for a terrible college experience!

Also forgot - keg rolling around in the trunk, a "party ball" (2.5 gallon plastic keg w/integral pump) breaking in the trunk, blasting through snow drifts, driving out in the fields - I think you get the drift. This comprises exactly 4.5% of my college experience.

the Teuton

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.

You say that now. I am going to sig this because in a year, your priorities will have changed a bit.

CJ

Quote from: the Teuton on April 06, 2010, 10:50:31 PM
You say that now. I am going to sig this because in a year, you're priorities will have changed a bit.

What?

They may have changed, but for now, I really don't care about that shit.  I'm not going to fuck up my free-to-me education by partying.  I can't afford that.

the Teuton

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:52:11 PM

What?

They may have changed, but for now, I really don't care about that shit.  I'm not going to fuck up my free-to-me education by partying.  I can't afford that.

You speak in extremes. There are no extremes in college except for extremists.

Everything is good in moderation except for moderation.

BimmerM3

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:52:11 PM

What?

They may have changed, but for now, I really don't care about that shit.  I'm not going to fuck up my free-to-me education by partying.  I can't afford that.

I have a 3.6 (which is actually pretty damn high for GT; Dean's List is a 3.0) at the #4 engineering school in the country and I still find plenty of time for shenanigans. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Oh yeah, and even after I graduate, neither my parents nor I will have paid a single dime for tuition.  :ohyeah:

Xer0

The social interactions that you learn during your college life, partying and having fun included, are one of the most important things you take away from it.  What you learn in cold hard facts will be out-dated in a mater of years but who you meet and the experience that you take from it will be with you forever.  Don't be lame and just study.

giant_mtb

I'm lame, don't study, and don't socialize properly.  And fail.  lulz

Xer0

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2010, 11:55:32 PM

:rage:

You're missing out on a hell of a good time :P

giant_mtb

Quote from: Xer0 on April 07, 2010, 12:03:37 AM
:rage:

You're missing out on a hell of a good time :P

I know it.  Too late now. :huh: :cry:

BimmerM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2010, 11:55:32 PM

Yeah, but you drink, so that's worth something.

giant_mtb

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 07, 2010, 12:07:16 AM
Yeah, but you drink, so that's worth something.

Indeed.  I enjoy that.

Rupert

Quote from: the Teuton on April 06, 2010, 10:53:43 PM
You speak in extremes. There are no extremes in college except for extremists.

Everything is good in moderation except for moderation.

Everything in moderation, especially moderation was my college motto, especially in later years.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

Partying not only is fun, but it forms connections and relationships that will benefit you personally and sometimes professionally down the line.

I really don't care for that stereotypical frat parting, but to me the nerds and "alternative" students have been more fun to hang around.

the Teuton

Quote from: Rupert on April 07, 2010, 01:18:06 AM
Everything in moderation, especially moderation was my college motto, especially in later years.

He'll see when he gets there, and Oklahoma ain't exactly a wallflower school.

J86

dont let work get in the way of your college educaiton...

MrH

I'll agree with Cougs.  College is hell on your car.  Terrible pot holes around our campus, combined with countless door dings and drunkards walking around it all the time, it gets beat to hell.  My shocks and endlinks are basically done after I graduate.  I'm selling this thing and getting something nice once I move out of here.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

GoCougs

Be wary that it is quite common that the "I'm not going to fool around" types are the ones that go absolutely nuts once in the college environment and end up not being able to balance the social vs. scholastic scene. Saw it lots of times myself, and had a bit of that early on when I was in school.

In hindsight I think I did probably a bit too much and otherwise could have concentrated more on school but I still managed to graduate with a 3.0 in engineering and to this day all my closest friends are from college and have connected with scores more college (party) acquaintances via FB.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 06, 2010, 09:05:25 PM
Sounds like typical driving for my town and friends. :huh: :lol:  Minus the puke.  Never had that happen.

Nobody's puked IN my car, but there was a girl who was sitting on the seat with the door opened puking. She for some reason thought that was acceptable until I started badgering her with "GET OUT OF MY CAR!"

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 07, 2010, 09:01:50 AM

Nobody's puked IN my car, but there was a girl who was sitting on the seat with the door opened puking. She for some reason thought that was acceptable until I started badgering her with "GET OUT OF MY CAR!"

Bahahaha.

Jon?

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 07, 2010, 09:01:50 AM
Nobody's puked IN my car, but there was a girl who was sitting on the seat with the door opened puking.

That is so hot.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe