3 (20%)
Mustang trackpack
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 21, 2020, 05:23:53 AM
Categorically, it is always the answer.

But can that engine fit in a Miata?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 21, 2020, 06:57:35 AM
But can that engine fit in a Miata?
Only if you replace the chasis.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

MX793

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 21, 2020, 09:14:25 AM
An LS fits...

There's a lot of structural reconfiguration required, and not just to relocate motor mounts.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

shp4man

Another thing about a used Miata. They are basically toys or weekend cars, and tend to accumulate less miles than a regular sedan. So if you decide to go that route, you want a box stock, unmolested example with low mileage and a good Carfax.
The idea being, every used car is there for a reason, and the reason many Miatas get traded or put up for sale is the owner can no longer afford the toy.
You don't want a car that's been raced to death, or a regular sedan that got dumped because of some hidden trans or engine issue.

FoMoJo

Quote from: CaminoRacer on May 21, 2020, 09:14:25 AM
An LS fits...
Best fit is a mild Windsor.  An R-code would be fun, but the chassis might complain.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

GoCougs

Quote from: MX793 on May 21, 2020, 09:50:13 AM
There's a lot of structural reconfiguration required, and not just to relocate motor mounts.

True, but LS-swapped Miatas are extremely popular.

AutobahnSHO

I want an ND. So much civilized. So much fun. So little worry. Rich posted a vid in the Miata thread well worth watching.
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on May 22, 2020, 09:45:15 AM
I want an ND. So much civilized. So much fun. So little worry. Rich posted a vid in the Miata thread well worth watching.
Why would you want a civilized "sports" car?  Higher levels of adrenaline when it's a bit wild and raucous. 

Eye of the Tiger

I want any Miata.
But not an autotragic. That's UnMiata.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FoMoJo on May 22, 2020, 10:22:15 AM
Why would you want a civilized "sports" car?  Higher levels of adrenaline when it's a bit wild and raucous. 

Civilized from a modern point of view. Car still feels raw and connected to the road, with an updated touch. Like nav etc...
Will

CaminoRacer

Looks like I listened to the poll

veeman

CALL_911

Gorgeous. I'd spec mine the same way.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

veeman

All cars need to be Soul Red!  (I think your words).  Just awesome.  Super congratulations.  Actually that last pic of your open garage with MX-5, Bolt, and a classic car makes me envious. 

Laconian

Soul Red is a nice color, spicy and sophisticated. I think it'll age well, but I'm partial to metallic paints :huh:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mzziaz

Nice! Beautiful colour combo, too. Used?
Cuore Sportivo

CaminoRacer

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

AutobahnSHO

Yeah, so jelly!  :)

We're talking of getting rust fixed and repainting Scrappy- either Soul Red or the 30th anniversary Miata orange.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 29, 2020, 08:29:43 PM
Yeah, so jelly!  :)

We're talking of getting rust fixed and repainting Scrappy- either Soul Red or the 30th anniversary Miata orange.

I wonder how much a Soul Red paint job would cost. I want to do my Jeep :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 30, 2020, 07:01:12 AM
I wonder how much a Soul Red paint job would cost. I want to do my Jeep :lol:
Probably a lot more than the cost of the Jeep, unless you just get a gallon of red paint and paint brush. :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 30, 2020, 10:48:24 AM
Probably a lot more than the cost of the Jeep, unless you just get a gallon of red paint and paint brush. :huh:

Everything I do is more than the cost of the Jeep. I only paid $650 for it. :lol: