Finally saw the G37....

Started by sportyaccordy, November 05, 2007, 08:04:24 PM

sportyaccordy

To say the least, I was underwhelmed :(

On the bright side, the nearly identical G35 is taking an absolute beating on the used car market. With a Kenstyle bodykit and some aftermarket wheels, a nice set of springs/dampers and some mild motor mods, who needs a G37 anyway?

SJ_GTI

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 05, 2007, 08:04:24 PM
To say the least, I was underwhelmed :(

On the bright side, the nearly identical G35 is taking an absolute beating on the used car market. With a Kenstyle bodykit and some aftermarket wheels, a nice set of springs/dampers and some mild motor mods, who needs a G37 anyway?

I saw one in a parking garage in Philly recently.

It didn't help that the owner decided he needed two spaces to park (because an Infiniti is just that special), but overall I was not impressed either.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 06, 2007, 08:49:36 AM
I saw one in a parking garage in Philly recently.

It didn't help that the owner decided he needed two spaces to park (because an Infiniti is just that special), but overall I was not impressed either.

:huh:

So he wanted to keep his new 35 thousand dollar car ding free for a few months, i don't blame him.

I personally don't park in large areas, and if i have to i park i nthe back at an angle(that sometimes takes up 2 spaces).

Are my cars good enough to allow me to do that?

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 09:54:42 AM

So he wanted to keep his new 35 thousand dollar car ding free for a few months, i don't blame him.

I personally don't park in large areas, and if i have to i park i nthe back at an angle(that sometimes takes up 2 spaces).

Go fuck yourself.

No one should be doing it unless they pay for it. There are folks in the garage that pay for reserved spots, and they can park however they want.

But this guy paid the exact same amount as the guy in a beat up old civic. He doesn't deserve special parking priviliges just because he thinks his shit is more important then everyone elses shit.

Its an asshole thing to do, end of story.

The reason I think it was worth mentioning is because a G37 isn't that special of a car. I see see plenty of M3s, 911, Z4s, A6, E-class, etc... parked with everyone else. But a G37...ZOMG!!! Its too special top park with us normal folk.

The fact that you would do it youself just proves you are an asshole too.  :ohyeah:

FlatBlackCaddy

I am an asshole, sadly though the local VW dealer still refused to sell me a car because i wasn't a big enough asshole.

anyway i was unaware we were talking about PAID parking(i don't live or drive in the city). So i can see your(weak and pissy little) point.

I was talking about free parking in open lots, such as supermarkets and shopping centers.

Vinsanity

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 06, 2007, 10:41:57 AM
Go fuck yourself.

No one should be doing it unless they pay for it. There are folks in the garage that pay for reserved spots, and they can park however they want.

But this guy paid the exact same amount as the guy in a beat up old civic. He doesn't deserve special parking priviliges just because he thinks his shit is more important then everyone elses shit.

Its an asshole thing to do, end of story.

The reason I think it was worth mentioning is because a G37 isn't that special of a car. I see see plenty of M3s, 911, Z4s, A6, E-class, etc... parked with everyone else. But a G37...ZOMG!!! Its too special top park with us normal folk.

The fact that you would do it youself just proves you are an asshole too.  :ohyeah:

AGREE! :clap:

There's this dumb tramp in a late-model Tahoe with 24" rims that sometimes shows up at my apartment complex to park right smack in the middle of 2 parking spots. Looks like someone's looking to have the air let out of her tires :rage:

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 09:54:42 AM

People don't do it here...

I guess if he paid twice, I don't have a problem with it though  :huh:

TBR

In a free parking lot, fine, as long as there is plenty of room and you park at the back.

But, at work, we have a tight parking lot and all the time idiots in big trucks take up two spots toward the front door. Of course I think this has more to do with not being able to drive and/or just not caring than it does with deliberately leaving space on each side to avoid dings.

FlatBlackCaddy

How would you get door dings from parking on the street like that????

JYODER240

How is that 612 supposed to get out of that parking spot?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

nickdrinkwater

Obviously you couldn't.  But you just as easily get your bumpers scraped!

ChrisV

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 06, 2007, 11:33:47 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously someone in one of the other cars decided to be an ass and park too close.

I don't see why scratching up someone else's car (or putting it in a position to be scratched up) is such a worthwhile goal.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 06, 2007, 11:33:47 AM

Looks like he managed to get in, from another angle I took (the wheels being in that position, looks like he did a nice bit of parallel parking!)

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 10:58:07 AM
I am an asshole, sadly though the local VW dealer still refused to sell me a car because i wasn't a big enough asshole.

anyway i was unaware we were talking about PAID parking(i don't live or drive in the city). So i can see your(weak and pissy little) point.

I was talking about free parking in open lots, such as supermarkets and shopping centers.

You still suck.

FlatBlackCaddy

Thanks SJ, i need someone to be truthful with me.

I've known that i suck for awhile but nobody will be upfront with me about it.

So tell me, truthfully, how bad do i suck.

So we are both on the same page lets use the VWAG scale of suckyness.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 11:54:26 AM
Thanks SJ, i need someone to be truthful with me.

I've known that i suck for awhile but nobody will be upfront with me about it.

So tell me, truthfully, how bad do i suck.

So we are both on the same page lets use the VWAG scale of suckyness.

FBC < 2.0 8V < 2.0 16V < 2.8VR6 < 1.8T < 2.0T

FlatBlackCaddy

Liar, nothing sucks more than the 8V.

Vinsanity

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 12:31:15 PM
Liar, nothing sucks more than the 8V.

we can always use this scale:

FBC < VW New Beetle < VW Phaeton < VW Jetta < walking < Audi TT < Bentley Continental < Lambo Gallardo < Audi R8

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 06, 2007, 12:34:38 PM
we can always use this scale:

FBC < VW New Beetle < VW Phaeton < VW Jetta < walking < Audi TT < Bentley Continental < Lambo Gallardo < Audi R8

You mean:

VW New Beetle < VW Phaeton < VW Jetta < walking < Audi TT < Bentley Continental < Lambo Gallardo < Audi R8 < SEAT Ibiza

Laconian

I think FBC would be truly hurt if you placed him below the 2.5 I5.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 06, 2007, 12:08:27 PM
FBC < 2.0 8V < 2.0 16V < 2.8VR6 < 1.8T < 2.0T

Well i just crunched some numbers with a friend of mine(stephen hawking, maybe you heard of him) to try and understand how i could suck more than the 8V motor(long thought by many to be unmoresuckable).

The results..are mindblowing.

Apperently if i were to suck more than an 8V it would case a paradox that would cause a space time riff(lights, bangs, bla bla) and the laws governing the VW suckiness scale would cease to exist. Planets would shift, the sun would fade and the end result would be that i would suck sooo bad that it would cause a atomic reversal.

The end result is the following.

VWAG < FBC.

The formula is as follows(its mostly mine, but i let stevie throw a few lines in there).

R = VW Sucktitude (mean sucktitude= 6,371SPSM)
Δlat = lat2− lat1
Δlong = long2− long1
a = sin?(Δlat/2) + cos(lat1).cos(lat2).sin?(Δlong/2)
c = 2.atan2(√a, √(1−a))
d = R.c

Champ

You used a cosine instead of a tangent btw.  Simple typo, I know.

In reality, the scale is correct and there is nothing suckier than that 8v VW engine.  Just like there is nothing cooler than the other side of the pillow.

sportyaccordy

Jesus Christ, I was hoping for some more G37 commentary...

CALL_911

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 06, 2007, 09:49:49 PM

It's a nice car.

the 2.0T is t3h pwnz0r.

FBC is funny, so I rank him this way.
2.0T>FBC>3.2 V6>2.8 VR6>2.0 16V>2.slow

I like his cars a lot too, so that's an added bonus.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Middle_Path

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 06, 2007, 09:49:49 PM

You want more commentary about how this thread is pathetic and worthless? So some guy saw the car...who honestly cares? Do you see me bragging about how I drove this car 2 freaking weeks ago. I did, so what? This stuff isn't even an issue. Here, I'll be an ass. These past two weeks I also drove a 997 turbo, S55 AMG, SL600, and the coolest was the Maserati Spyder(lift shift lever up and forward for first gear and lift shifter down for reverse.) I guess it's cool to some, but it's a typical second part-time job for me.

I'm sorry, but I don't get why some of you go crazy over cars. I've driven EVERYTHING! Should I start posting pictures and saying how awesome everything is? Thought I was in a G35 until I noticed the interior was a little screwy. Then I checked the exterior and thought the car was little cooler. No big deal, but just a little different. It was a coupe and seemed a bit nicer(interior wise), but I don't create threads about these things otherwise I'd be making a new thread everyday. I'll let you know what I drive tomorrow...seriously just wait until tomorrow night. You'll think I'm lying.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

nickdrinkwater

If you're an idiot about it then no, no one will care.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 07, 2007, 02:34:12 AM
You want more commentary about how this thread is pathetic and worthless? So some guy saw the car...who honestly cares? Do you see me bragging about how I drove this car 2 freaking weeks ago. I did, so what? This stuff isn't even an issue. Here, I'll be an ass. These past two weeks I also drove a 997 turbo, S55 AMG, SL600, and the coolest was the Maserati Spyder(lift shift lever up and forward for first gear and lift shifter down for reverse.) I guess it's cool to some, but it's a typical second part-time job for me.

I'm sorry, but I don't get why some of you go crazy over cars. I've driven EVERYTHING! Should I start posting pictures and saying how awesome everything is? Thought I was in a G35 until I noticed the interior was a little screwy. Then I checked the exterior and thought the car was little cooler. No big deal, but just a little different. It was a coupe and seemed a bit nicer(interior wise), but I don't create threads about these things otherwise I'd be making a new thread everyday. I'll let you know what I drive tomorrow...seriously just wait until tomorrow night. You'll think I'm lying.

Well that settles it, might as well shut the site down dan.

Middle_Path

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on November 07, 2007, 05:47:59 AM
If you're an idiot about it then no, no one will care.
[/quot
Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 07, 2007, 08:02:54 AM
Well that settles it, might as well shut the site down dan.

e]

There had to be a rebuttal there somewhere. There wasn't? WTH was the point of you posting then? yeah might as well shut down the site, Dan.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Champ

I like where this thread is going.