Finally saw the G37....

Started by sportyaccordy, November 05, 2007, 08:04:24 PM

omicron

850CSi

Champ

Vinsanity

Well the first time I saw a G37, I thought it was gorgeous.

But not nearly as impressive as the first time I saw a G35 coupe.

Usually when a redesign is evolutionary, the prior generation seems to age better than the succeeding one, especially if the prior gen was especially bold during the time of it's debut (not trying to hint at anything, I promise ;) )

Other examples of this are 1st gen vs. 2nd gen Altima, and the 1992-97 vs. 1998-2004 Seville.

Vinsanity

LOL now we know how the failboat arrived at its fate :pullover:

heelntoe

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 07, 2007, 10:23:12 AM
Well the first time I saw a G37, I thought it was gorgeous.

But not nearly as impressive as the first time I saw a G35 coupe.

Usually when a redesign is evolutionary, the prior generation seems to age better than the succeeding one, especially if the prior gen was especially bold during the time of it's debut (not trying to hint at anything, I promise ;) )

Other examples of this are 1st gen vs. 2nd gen Altima, and the 1992-97 vs. 1998-2004 Seville.
*ahem*
@heelntoe

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 07, 2007, 08:40:20 AM
e]

There had to be a rebuttal there somewhere. There wasn't? WTH was the point of you posting then? yeah might as well shut down the site, Dan.

What were you expecting, you post has no rebuttle, its just pure stupidity.

You're on a car forum, making fun of a posters thread because he was commenting on a car that he saw. It was pointless to you because you not only saw the car but drove it and felt no need to comment on it(thats fine). Then go on to mention "I've driven EVERYTHING", and that you don't understand why people on this car forum are crazy about cars(dumb^≈).

We might as well shut this site down if there is no reason to be excited about cars, and we certainly shouldn't bother talking about them.

But before the site gets shut down you should post a few of your own reviews just for us idiots who are into cars.

I'd personally like to see your reviews on hypercars, and look forward to a koenigsegg writeup(that is if it wouldn't be to boring for you to talk about). 

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 07, 2007, 08:40:20 AM
e]

There had to be a rebuttal there somewhere. There wasn't? WTH was the point of you posting then? yeah might as well shut down the site, Dan.
[/quote

My rebuttal was calling you an idiot.  I like to fight fire with fire.

You asked what was the point of posting. Well, what was the point of your post?

TheIntrepid

Seriously, who is this whiney little kid? I doubt you drove all these cars and weren't excited. If I got to drive an SL55 AMG, a Maserati, AND an SL600 extensively over a period of a few days, I'd shit myself with excitement. It's called loving cars... and it's what brings us all together here despite our differences.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 07, 2007, 11:31:51 AM
Seriously, who is this whiney little kid? I doubt you drove all these cars and weren't excited. If I got to drive an SL55 AMG, a Maserati, AND an SL600 extensively over a period of a few days, I'd shit myself with excitement. It's called loving cars... and it's what brings us all together here despite our differences.

Well said.

When you take things for granted that much, karma is going to get you one day.

ChrisV

Even people like Tiff Needel and Clarkson still get excited driving cars. And I daresay they've driven a few of them, themselves... ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Vinsanity

Reminds me of how my dad's bosses occasionally let him drive their cars, which include an S550, a 996 convertible, a CL500, a 745Li, and other "lesser" luxury cars...he appreciates that they're very nice cars, but he's put off by things like the stiff ride of the Carerra, the complexity of the S-class, and the fact that the 745 is needing to visit the dealer for repairs a LOT.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on November 07, 2007, 11:36:17 AM
Well said.

When you take things for granted that much, karma is going to get you one day.

:praise:

Hell, getting into my enormous, 4-door FWD boat every day makes me appreciate the privilege of driving and being in a respectable vehicle...especially when I see students getting into mommy's beat-up Venture or Taurus.

Raza

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 07, 2007, 02:34:12 AM
You want more commentary about how this thread is pathetic and worthless? So some guy saw the car...who honestly cares? Do you see me bragging about how I drove this car 2 freaking weeks ago. I did, so what? This stuff isn't even an issue. Here, I'll be an ass. These past two weeks I also drove a 997 turbo, S55 AMG, SL600, and the coolest was the Maserati Spyder(lift shift lever up and forward for first gear and lift shifter down for reverse.) I guess it's cool to some, but it's a typical second part-time job for me.

I'm sorry, but I don't get why some of you go crazy over cars. I've driven EVERYTHING! Should I start posting pictures and saying how awesome everything is? Thought I was in a G35 until I noticed the interior was a little screwy. Then I checked the exterior and thought the car was little cooler. No big deal, but just a little different. It was a coupe and seemed a bit nicer(interior wise), but I don't create threads about these things otherwise I'd be making a new thread everyday. I'll let you know what I drive tomorrow...seriously just wait until tomorrow night. You'll think I'm lying.

If you're not crazy over cars, why are you here? 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on November 07, 2007, 12:02:58 PM
Even people like Tiff Needel and Clarkson still get excited driving cars. And I daresay they've driven a few of them, themselves... ;)

I think they're faking it.  Like Middle Path, they're obviously jaded by their job as a (glorified) valet.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Wait a minute, Middle path isn't a valet is he?

Thats not DRIVING a car, sure you get to drive it but unless you get time with a car to take it out on a road or track and run it through the gears then its just sitting in and moving a car.

If he's a valet and thinks parking a car is like seriously driving a car then thats pretty sad.

It would be like me shaking hands with a supermodel at a photo event and then later saying i slept with her.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on November 07, 2007, 12:55:50 PM
If you're not crazy over cars, why are you here? 

To be deviant against the norm in order to feed his craving for attention, much like Maksx, RBA, and to some extent, Minpin.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 07, 2007, 02:25:34 PM
Wait a minute, Middle path isn't a valet is he?

Thats not DRIVING a car, sure you get to drive it but unless you get time with a car to take it out on a road or track and run it through the gears then its just sitting in and moving a car.

If he's a valet and thinks parking a car is like seriously driving a car then thats pretty sad.

It would be like me shaking hands with a supermodel at a photo event and then later saying i slept with her.

Valet would be my guess as well.  And you're absolutely right. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

AKL

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 07, 2007, 02:34:12 AM
You want more commentary about how this thread is pathetic and worthless? So some guy saw the car...who honestly cares? Do you see me bragging about how I drove this car 2 freaking weeks ago. I did, so what? This stuff isn't even an issue. Here, I'll be an ass. These past two weeks I also drove a 997 turbo, S55 AMG, SL600, and the coolest was the Maserati Spyder(lift shift lever up and forward for first gear and lift shifter down for reverse.) I guess it's cool to some, but it's a typical second part-time job for me.

I'm sorry, but I don't get why some of you go crazy over cars. I've driven EVERYTHING! Should I start posting pictures and saying how awesome everything is? Thought I was in a G35 until I noticed the interior was a little screwy. Then I checked the exterior and thought the car was little cooler. No big deal, but just a little different. It was a coupe and seemed a bit nicer(interior wise), but I don't create threads about these things otherwise I'd be making a new thread everyday. I'll let you know what I drive tomorrow...seriously just wait until tomorrow night. You'll think I'm lying.

Why the hell are you here then?

Did you miss the rather obvious fact that this is a CAR ENTHUSIAST forum. Oh, big surprise... we all love cars!  :rolleyes:
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 07, 2007, 03:00:47 PM
To be deviant against the norm in order to feed his craving for attention, much like Maksx, RBA, and to some extent, Minpin.

Don't rope me into this. I'll do it myself.  :lol:

This guy is really annoying, he showed up out of nowhere and is posting nonsense. I won't beat the dead horse but basically, if you don't love cars....you can leave.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Middle_Path

Quote from: Raza  on November 07, 2007, 03:11:18 PM
Valet would be my guess as well.  And you're absolutely right. 

Correcto mundo! It's my weekend/second job that pays for my racing habit and a couple of bills(average pay on the job is about $17/hr. recalulated to new primo location: $19.91/hr.) Damn, how terrible of me that I don't worship mundane cars like a G35 or G37 because I'm completely familiarized with cars. The only cars I love are small, lightweight, and cars modified for the track.  If ya'll think I'm just jaded an intentional deviant then get bent. Nevermind, it's all lies. I've never even driven a car let alone raced one. I've never heard of rev-matching or brake fade. I've never seen a car flipover, a guy get t-boned at 100mph, car fires, and engines blowing up on the track.

"It isn't sufficient just to want - you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want." Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Are the majority of you under the age of 25 or something? Nevermind, you've reminded me why I stick to the general sections of car forums now. We will all be happier. Good job on Champ and Rag for posting that pic. I honestly didn't see that storm coming. Thought you were full of it, but damn it came true, LOL. I'm afraid of what would happen had I actually trolled, YIKES!!
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

nickdrinkwater

I think you've entirely missed the point.  We are here because we like to discuss cars.  You called this "pathetic and worthless".  You said that nobody cares about sportyaccordy seeing a G37 (and offering his opinion, this is a discussion forum after all).  Well, I'm willing to bet that even fewer people care about your posts telling us what you do for a living, how much you earn doing it and what you think about cars.
I think you only posted because you wanted attention.  In that respect I hope you have drawn some satisfaction from doing so, because from what you have told us it seems that satisfaction is something that is devoid from your life in general.

Middle_Path

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on November 08, 2007, 06:02:24 AM
I think you've entirely missed the point.  We are here because we like to discuss cars.  You called this "pathetic and worthless".  You said that nobody cares about sportyaccordy seeing a G37 (and offering his opinion, this is a discussion forum after all).  Well, I'm willing to bet that even fewer people care about your posts telling us what you do for a living, how much you earn doing it and what you think about cars.
I think you only posted because you wanted attention.  In that respect I hope you have drawn some satisfaction from doing so, because from what you have told us it seems that satisfaction is something that is devoid from your life in general.

Actually from what I can tell, the traffic, on this website in the car *specific* forums is inredibly slow.  Almost all traffic seems to go to the ARBT, Chat, and General forum which is that of comraderie.  Yeah, I must be an attention whore because I'm creating posts on the intrawebs! Being hypocritical has to feel damn pleasing.

You didn't mention your age and that doesn't strike me as odd.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

SJ_GTI

Anyone else find it ironic that TheIntrepid referred to someone else as a "little kid?"

What, now that you're in college you are all grown up or something?  :lol:

ChrisV

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 08, 2007, 04:12:29 AM
Damn, how terrible of me that I don't worship mundane cars like a G35 or G37 because I'm completely familiarized with cars.

BWAHAHAHAHAH! "completely familiarized with cars" as a fucking VALET.

grow up, moron. I've been knee deep in cars since your daddy was in diapers. I've not only DRIVEN exotics, I've had the chance to work on a few, as well as building cars nearly from the ground up. And I can get enthused about anything with wheels and an engine. Why? Because I'm not a narrowminded, stuck up pussy like you. Get off this car board if you're that fucking jaded (yes, i said it, you're fucking jaded). Seriously, you contribute less than nothing.

Get bent? Get fucking lost, hero.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: ChrisV on November 08, 2007, 07:31:53 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAH! "completely familiarized with cars" as a fucking VALET.

grow up, moron. I've been knee deep in cars since your daddy was in diapers. I've not only DRIVEN exotics, I've had the chance to work on a few, as well as building cars nearly from the ground up. And I can get enthused about anything with wheels and an engine. Why? Because I'm not a narrowminded, stuck up pussy like you. Get off this car board if you're that fucking jaded (yes, i said it, you're fucking jaded). Seriously, you contribute less than nothing.

Get bent? Get fucking lost, hero.

That about sums it up, sorry middlepath but this is what most of the posters(in this thread, probobly on this forum) think of you.

I'm sorry this car forum didn't meet your needs, but please feel free to find another.

Champ

Correcto mundo! It's my weekend/second job that pays for my racing habit and a couple of bills(average pay on the job is about $17/hr. recalulated to new primo location: $19.91/hr.) Damn, how terrible of me that I don't worship mundane cars like a G35 or G37 because I'm completely familiarized with cars. The only cars I love are small, lightweight, and cars modified for the track.  If ya'll think I'm just jaded an intentional deviant then get bent. Nevermind, it's all lies. I've never even driven a car let alone raced one. I've never heard of rev-matching or brake fade. I've never seen a car flipover, a guy get t-boned at 100mph, car fires, and engines blowing up on the track.

"It isn't sufficient just to want - you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want." Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Are the majority of you under the age of 25 or something? Nevermind, you've reminded me why I stick to the general sections of car forums now. We will all be happier. Good job on Champ and Rag for posting that pic. I honestly didn't see that storm coming. Thought you were full of it, but damn it came true, LOL. I'm afraid of what would happen had I actually trolled, YIKES!!
I just think the picture is funny.  I crack up a little every time I read it.

I'm under 25 (24) and also do valet part time, going on my third year.  I race as well.  How old are you?  We seem to have a lot in common.

850CSi

Damn, how terrible of me that I don't worship mundane cars like a G35 or G37 because I'm completely familiarized with cars.

I fail to see how $35K sports coupes/sedans are 'mundane' unless you wipe your ass with C-notes.