Finally saw the G37....

Started by sportyaccordy, November 05, 2007, 08:04:24 PM

TBR

Which, if he is bragging on an internet forum about having to work a second job paying $19/hour, likely isn't the case.

I, for once, agree with ChrisV (and pretty much everyone else).

TBR

Also, looking at the stats, about half of the boards real posts are in the automotive sections.

SJ_GTI

I am with Middle_Path. You guys are all l0s3rs.  :evildude:

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 08, 2007, 04:12:29 AM
Correcto mundo! It's my weekend/second job that pays for my racing habit and a couple of bills(average pay on the job is about $17/hr. recalulated to new primo location: $19.91/hr.) Damn, how terrible of me that I don't worship mundane cars like a G35 or G37 because I'm completely familiarized with cars. The only cars I love are small, lightweight, and cars modified for the track.  If ya'll think I'm just jaded an intentional deviant then get bent. Nevermind, it's all lies. I've never even driven a car let alone raced one. I've never heard of rev-matching or brake fade. I've never seen a car flipover, a guy get t-boned at 100mph, car fires, and engines blowing up on the track.

"It isn't sufficient just to want - you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want." Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Are the majority of you under the age of 25 or something? Nevermind, you've reminded me why I stick to the general sections of car forums now. We will all be happier. Good job on Champ and Rag for posting that pic. I honestly didn't see that storm coming. Thought you were full of it, but damn it came true, LOL. I'm afraid of what would happen had I actually trolled, YIKES!!
One day you will read this and turn red with embarrassment...

Middle_Path

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 09, 2007, 11:27:12 AM
One day you will read this and turn red with embarrassment...

Why? I said nothing embarrassing. I guess having two jobs and racing cars is pathetic.

Hey TBR, lol, it's $9/hr salary for location supervisors and $7/hr for regular employees. Add in the tip money and that ranges on a daily basis from $50-$150 a day for 5 hours of work. You do the math.

I guess I should be personally offended by anonymous strangers and go crying in shame. Let me go find a dark corner. HAHAHAHAHA, you guys are a sad lot. Keep it coming because this shit is funny.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

Middle_Path

Quote from: ChrisV on November 08, 2007, 07:31:53 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAH! "completely familiarized with cars" as a fucking VALET.

grow up, moron. I've been knee deep in cars since your daddy was in diapers. I've not only DRIVEN exotics, I've had the chance to work on a few, as well as building cars nearly from the ground up. And I can get enthused about anything with wheels and an engine. Why? Because I'm not a narrowminded, stuck up pussy like you. Get off this car board if you're that fucking jaded (yes, i said it, you're fucking jaded). Seriously, you contribute less than nothing.

Get bent? Get fucking lost, hero.

Angry, arrogant, and a prick much? Enjoy your superiority. You can clearly kick my ass internet tough guy. We have found the dominant male of car forums. Let's all cower at his cussing and insults. LMAO, maybe YOU need to grow up. Why do you sound like an old mechanic working for a big car dealership?

Get FUCKING lost? Grow up, alpha male.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

TBR

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 10, 2007, 12:51:48 AM
Why? I said nothing embarrassing. I guess having two jobs and racing cars is pathetic.

Hey TBR, lol, it's $9/hr salary for location supervisors and $7/hr for regular employees. Add in the tip money and that ranges on a daily basis from $50-$150 a day for 5 hours of work. You do the math.

I guess I should be personally offended by anonymous strangers and go crying in shame. Let me go find a dark corner. HAHAHAHAHA, you guys are a sad lot. Keep it coming because this shit is funny.

In an earlier post you said $19/hour.

$9/hour is nothing to be proud of (I make almost that much at a fast food restaurant and I am not out of high school yet), and I personally would hardly brag about having to work a second job in the first place.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 10, 2007, 12:51:48 AM

I think you're taking this way too seriously.

And it seems that since you're not here to talk about cars, from what I've seen here you're here to antagonize random posters on the internet, as well as bolster your own ego. To brag about valet parking expensive cars as though driving a car all of 50 feet makes you an expert suggests an offline existence that has long gone without validation... not to mention a lack of understanding of what it means to actually drive a car (which would make sense, as you are not a car enthusaist).

So I congratulate you. You have completely destroyed the original direction of the thread, and focused all the attention on you (as you seem to not be getting it from anywhere else). Is this what you wanted? Seriously you're coming off argumentative as hell for no reason, like shit is not going well and you have to take it out on somebody. It's very lame.

Again, since you probably didn't even read my original post, I'll just reiterate my point...

The G37 looks too much like the G35 to warrant what now ranges from an 8 to 25 thousand dollar premium. Is that a topic worthy of discussion, our glorious Middle_Path?

TBR

And, anything x/hour is not salary, that is a wage :rolleyes:.

Champ

Quote from: TBR on November 10, 2007, 08:03:44 AM
In an earlier post you said $19/hour.

$9/hour is nothing to be proud of (I make almost that much at a fast food restaurant and I am not out of high school yet), and I personally would hardly brag about having to work a second job in the first place.
Did you read the + tips part?  Generally you get a base wage + w/e you make on the side.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Champ on November 10, 2007, 08:59:41 AM
Did you read the + tips part?  Generally you get a base wage + w/e you make on the side.

Champ, I don't think anybody's criticizing the valet job. Personally I'd love to be a valet, I really would. Now, that this Middle_Path is antagonizing everybody here and trying to come off as a bigshot, everybody is nitpicking on what he's been saying. ;)

:cheers:

Oh and SJ_GTI:   You're a stupid little kid. :devil: :lol: AND my mommy said that now that I'm in college, I'm grown up.

:cry:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Champ

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 10, 2007, 09:19:52 AM
Champ, I don't think anybody's criticizing the valet job. Personally I'd love to be a valet, I really would. Now, that this Middle_Path is antagonizing everybody here and trying to come off as a bigshot, everybody is nitpicking on what he's been saying. ;)

:cheers:

Oh and SJ_GTI:   You're a stupid little kid. :devil: :lol: AND my mommy said that now that I'm in college, I'm grown up.

:cry:
I was just explaining to TBR since it didn't seem like he realized how the $19/hour came about.

TBR

That's because he said $9/hour,  assuming you will get $10.91/hour in tips is a little ridiculous. Now assuming $10/hour or $15/hour is one thing, but estimates should never go to two decimal places.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: TBR on November 10, 2007, 10:16:59 AM
That's because he said $9/hour,  assuming you will get $10.91/hour in tips is a little ridiculous. Now assuming $10/hour or $15/hour is one thing, but estimates should never go to two decimal places.

IF he's parking Maybachs and Reventons as he is suggesting, 2 $5 tips an hour is not at all unreasonable. In fact, I think he might be underreporting, in an effort to thwart the IRS' surveillance methods...

SVT666

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 07, 2007, 02:34:12 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't get why some of you go crazy over cars.
Why are you on this board?

QuoteI've driven EVERYTHING!
Yipee fuckin' doodah!

QuoteShould I start posting pictures and saying how awesome everything is?
Yes.  What a stupid question.

QuoteI'll let you know what I drive tomorrow...seriously just wait until tomorrow night. You'll think I'm lying.
I think you're lying.

SVT666

grow up, moron. I've been knee deep in cars since your daddy was in diapers. I've not only DRIVEN exotics, I've had the chance to work on a few, as well as building cars nearly from the ground up. And I can get enthused about anything with wheels and an engine. Why? Because I'm not a narrowminded, stuck up pussy like you. Get off this car board if you're that fucking jaded (yes, i said it, you're fucking jaded). Seriously, you contribute less than nothing.

I agree.

Quote from: Middle_Path on November 10, 2007, 01:08:00 AM
Angry, arrogant, and a prick much? Enjoy your superiority. You can clearly kick my ass internet tough guy. We have found the dominant male of car forums. Let's all cower at his cussing and insults. LMAO, maybe YOU need to grow up.
I agree. :mask:

They're both very perceptive and I would pay to watch these two go at it. :rockon:

Champ

Quote from: TBR on November 10, 2007, 10:16:59 AM
You just take total tips divided by hours worked (then add that to your base hourly wage), it hardly ever comes out to an even #.  Not sure what your hangup is.

I *ahem*didn'treallyclaimtips*ahem*

It's not like a restaurant where servers report each transaction.

TBR

I don't doubt that $10/hour in tips is entirely possible, but if I see xx.xx/hour I am going to assume that is the wage only (I honestly didn't even thinking about tips, and if someone is making $9/hour for menial labor than they shouldn't be getting them, no offense intended Champ), seeing as how averaging out your tips/hour serves no purpose, and doing it to two decimal places makes no sense.

Champ

Quote from: TBR on November 10, 2007, 10:17:30 PM
I don't doubt that $10/hour in tips is entirely possible, but if I see xx.xx/hour I am going to assume that is the wage only (I honestly didn't even thinking about tips, and if someone is making $9/hour for menial labor than they shouldn't be getting them, no offense intended Champ), seeing as how averaging out your tips/hour serves no purpose, and doing it to two decimal places makes no sense.
Why doesn't that make any sense?  I like to know how much I make per hour to know if it's worth my time.  Or to know what accounts are better than others. (depending on the valet company you work for, you can be at a different restaurant each shift)

The decimal places are just personal preference.  I assume he just used a calculator and that's what it gave him.  Sure he could say $10.82 per hour is basically $11, but does it really matter?

If you think getting $9 an hour + tips is too good, why not go take advantage of it and work there yourself?  The job isn't always worth $9/hour, if it's shitty weather out the job sucks pretty hard.  My hardest shift was 9.5 hours long, starting temp according to my car was -4F, when I left at 2:30am it was -12F.  Not including wind chill (which was closing in on -30).  We are required to stand outside the entire time.

omicron

93JC

Jesus Christ what the fuck happened in here...?

TBR

Quote from: Champ on November 11, 2007, 10:29:12 AM
Why doesn't that make any sense?  I like to know how much I make per hour to know if it's worth my time.  Or to know what accounts are better than others. (depending on the valet company you work for, you can be at a different restaurant each shift)

The decimal places are just personal preference.  I assume he just used a calculator and that's what it gave him.  Sure he could say $10.82 per hour is basically $11, but does it really matter?

If you think getting $9 an hour + tips is too good, why not go take advantage of it and work there yourself?  The job isn't always worth $9/hour, if it's shitty weather out the job sucks pretty hard.  My hardest shift was 9.5 hours long, starting temp according to my car was -4F, when I left at 2:30am it was -12F.  Not including wind chill (which was closing in on -30).  We are required to stand outside the entire time.

We don't have anything around here with valets, plus I am not eighteen, plus I would have to work at least 20 hours a week to end up ahead of my current job. I certainly will consider valeting when I go off to college.

Submariner

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 06, 2007, 11:33:47 AM
How is that 612 supposed to get out of that parking spot?

650 point turn.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Despite being one of the more mature members here, you manage to use high school level sarcasm and insults and turn it into something artful.

I guess that would in fact contribute to you being one of the mature members here.  :lol:   
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

LonghornTX

Why come to a car forum on the internet if you are not an enthusiast?  That would seem like a waste of time to me, considering one can get SO much experience and time with cars as a valet.....
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

JYODER240

I'm confused. All of these cars that Middle Path drives is just from parking them while he valets?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 11, 2007, 06:40:56 PM
I'm confused. All of these cars that Middle Path drives is just from parking them while he valets?
Yup. :lol:

JYODER240

So he's never really "driven" them.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

omicron

Champ