(Citroen) DS 3 Crossback

Started by 2o6, September 15, 2018, 03:38:18 PM

2o6

Citroen's luxury make DS, has made a mini Luxury SUV to go against cars like the GLA and Q3, sort of. It's a lot shorter than those cars.

FWD only, but it also has an all-electric version (E-tense) with a 50kw/h battery.

I for one, LOVE it. A lot of design details are kind of strange, but it's IMO what a luxury car should look like. Fashionable and trend-setting. I love Lexus, MB, and DS. BMW and Cadillac are boring as fuck.

https://paultan.org/2018/09/14/ds3-crossback-debuts-with-all-electric-e-tense-model/

93JC

Ay-yi-yi, that B-pillar is atrocious.

2o6

FoMoJo

I like the front a rear, and even the diamond pattern in the interior.  That funny bit on the side is just obtrusive.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

I want to see this design language stretched to C-segment size.

I agree that most of the luxury manufacturers are painfully boring. Many of the more conservative brands have regressed a lot in design. An E60 looks newer than the 5s that replaced it.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 15, 2018, 08:01:52 PM
I want to see this design language stretched to C-segment size.

I agree that most of the luxury manufacturers are painfully boring. Many of the more conservative brands have regressed a lot in design. An E60 looks newer than the 5s that replaced it.

The DS7.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

The exterior is interesting. I am not really feeling it, but maybe if I see it in person I can finalize my decision.

Love the interior, though. Very Art Decoish:wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Laconian

Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds. It looks great but it might look dated in ten years. Or awesome. Past Citroens that went out on a limb ended up looking even more fantastic with age. ZX didn't count; it was much too conventional for the 80's.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on September 16, 2018, 01:13:07 PM
Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds. It looks great but it might look dated in ten years. Or awesome. Past Citroens that went out on a limb ended up looking even more fantastic with age. ZX didn't count; it was much too conventional for the 80's.

Do you mean the BX? The ZX came out in 1991 and looked like this.

Here's the BX.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

ZX still looked like yet another Giugiaro hatch.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

Citroen has always been crazy styled. I like it.
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on September 16, 2018, 06:55:13 PM
ZX still looked like yet another Giugiaro hatch.

That was for me the "Dull Era" at Citroen; mid-1980s to about the early 2000s. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de