Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

Speed_Racer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on March 17, 2022, 04:05:06 PM
I have $600 in parts on order from the UK for the Tiger. I'm replacing a couple transmission gears and shifter components due to premature wear causing 2nd gear pop-out. Seems to be an issue with both the Explorer & Trophy, same 1215cc drivetrain.

Hopefully it's not too difficult a job - the transmission is a cassette-type so I don't have to disassemble much to access it. But that's a lot of little parts to keep organized lol

I finally got around to doing this job a few weeks ago. It turned out to be moderately easy thanks to a good service manual and some how-tos from the Tiger forum. A lot had to come out to get to the transmission - some hardware, the clutch, and the shaft drive. It took a couple of weekends from start to finish. However, it has solved the issues I was having - I can now pin it through 2nd gear again!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Those plastic folding tables sure come in handy when a project needs to be done.  :clap:

Speed_Racer

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 08, 2022, 07:39:57 AM
Those plastic folding tables sure come in handy when a project needs to be done.  :clap:

Extremely handy to have enough horizontal space to lay things out visually.
That and one of these part organizers - much easier than the plastic baggie method.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Speed_Racer on July 08, 2022, 10:39:23 AM
Extremely handy to have enough horizontal space to lay things out visually.
That and one of these part organizers - much easier than the plastic baggie method.

I feel ya there.  I had to tear dirtbike apart once to replace the shifter shaft...was a nightmare. I didn't have a box like that (which I should have), I just put down painters tape and sectioned it off and labeled bolts/parts with a sharpie. And largely relied on exploded drawings of the engine/transmission.

SVT_Power

I think I've ridden the SV like 4 times so far this year. Appears I'm all but ready to turn in my riding card...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 09, 2022, 08:35:39 AM
I think I've ridden the SV like 4 times so far this year. Appears I'm all but ready to turn in my riding card...
Quote from: SVT_Power on July 09, 2022, 08:35:39 AM

Nooooooooo. How much you sell for?

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 09, 2022, 08:47:53 AM
$3K USD and it's yours

Hmm. Wish I could.
Trade for SAVAGE!? :lol:

FoMoJo

Not really a fan of Trikes...Legendary BMW 328 Inspires ShiftCustom's R 18 Retro Reverse Trike

...but this one looks pretty good.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

That is the goofiest damned thing I've ever seen.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 12, 2022, 06:22:14 AM
That is the goofiest damned thing I've ever seen.
The symmetry and flow has an innate sense of attraction, imo.  A work of art. 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 12, 2022, 07:19:21 AM
The symmetry and flow has an innate sense of attraction, imo.  A work of art. 

Its like somebody took a fairly pretty motorcycle, and strapped a kid's pedal car to the front of it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 12, 2022, 07:26:20 AM
Its like somebody took a fairly pretty motorcycle, and strapped a kid's pedal car to the front of it.
Was there ever a better looking BMW than this?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 12, 2022, 07:46:40 AM
Was there ever a better looking BMW than this?

Well, yes, but that's a matter of opinion, and that's a good looking car. That's not a good argument for making a 3/4 scale version of the front end and bolting it onto a motorcycle.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 12, 2022, 07:52:10 AM
Well, yes, but that's a matter of opinion, and that's a good looking car. That's not a good argument for making a 3/4 scale version of the front end and bolting it onto a motorcycle.
It something that should be in a museum, not on the street.  I've always thought that the engine alone was a work of art.

Speed_Racer

My brother is moving so the Honda I refurbished and gave/sold to him is now getting officially sold off.
I think we turned it into a pretty cool looking bike.

Before:

After:

giant_mtb

Big ol' thumper! Looks nice. I have a couple friends who still ride their XRs.  They have newer bikes, too, but they swear by those XRs for good ol' reliable trail cruising.

Speed_Racer

It's a fun ride, but some parts are hard to find and the 40 yr old suspension design and dual drum brakes are limiting factors.

Eye of the Tiger

I have sport touring fever

Speed_Racer

Eye of the Tiger

Speed_Racer

I see used ones all the time on my local classified site starting at $4k. Adventure bikes are all the rage so sport tourings fly under the radar.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 24, 2022, 12:07:57 PM
IDGAF how much it costs. Give me it.

Comfy looking seat.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Speed_Racer on July 25, 2022, 09:23:00 AM
I see used ones all the time on my local classified site starting at $4k. Adventure bikes are all the rage so sport tourings fly under the radar.

I want this couch with luggage and practically infinite acceleration.

Morris Minor

Harry has a vintage CBX 1000 - that exhaust  :wub:
https://youtu.be/UH4ZIsWy4SE
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Speed_Racer

One of the best sounding motorcycles of all time. Would love to see the return of an I-6 screamer with a modern chassis

Eye of the Tiger

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh. That's the stuff. Just that first 18 seconds. :drool:

Eye of the Tiger

OK, stupid idea, what if I built a six into six exhaust for my jeep?

RomanChariot

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 24, 2022, 03:28:57 PM
OK, stupid idea, what if I built a six into six exhaust for my jeep?

Only if it revs to 10,000rpm. Otherwise it will probably sound like 6 lawnmowers running at the same time.