This Insane Yugo Hatchback Has TWO Cadillac V8s

Started by cawimmer430, June 13, 2020, 04:46:26 AM

cawimmer430

This Insane Yugo Hatchback Has TWO Cadillac V8s

An utterly insane 1968 Yugo hatchback that features two Cadillac V8 engines is up for sale with an asking price of $25,500.

Between 1985 and 1992, approximately 140,000 examples of the Yugo were sold in the United States and this is without a doubt the most insane out of all of them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJo2kLMb9Vk

A Facebook Marketplace listing reveals the insane hatch resides in Portage, Indiana. Located at the front is a Cadillac Eldorado V8 engine while a second Eldorado V8 is then located in the trunk. As Motor 1 notes, both of these engines are the 500 cubic-inch (8.2-liters) variant that Cadillac introduced with the Eldorado back in 1970. From the factory, this massive V8 was rated at 400 hp although the two have reportedly been tuned for use in this Yugo and are now rated at 480 hp each, giving the car a combined 960 hp.

However, as the car has just a single cooling system for both engines, they ideally shouldn't be both run at the same time with the rear-mounted V8 the one that is ordinarily used. Should the buyer of this insane creation upgrade the cooling system and make some other modifications, they could in theory use both, though that won't be an easy (not to mention safe) technical task.

There have only ever been a small handful of twin-engined cars built with some obvious examples being the Mercedes-Benz A38 AMG and the MTM TT Bimoto based on the Audi TT. This twin-engined Yugo is arguably even more insane than both of those and at $25,500, it won't break the bank either.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/this-insane-yugo-hatchback-has-two-cadillac-v8s/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Payman

Ok, I was dumping on it at first, but then I watched the video. Lol it got around that course pretty good for a 4200 lb econobox.

CaminoRacer

I was at the event in the video. I think it might have been the quickest car that day. (He had slicks which isn't allowed so he was running exhibition only.) Jim's a top notch driver and AWD with that much torque is crazy. Only bad thing is the increased weight, but at least it's on both ends.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

I always wondered why performance cars don't go multi-engine (and multiple or bigger cooling systems LOL).
Will