No Garage

Started by Eye of the Tiger, December 07, 2018, 11:51:28 AM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Sick. I'm gonna do that for sure.

giant_mtb

So I did that to Taco's doors this evening.  Didn't go as hardcore as you as Taco's doors have lots of bolts and electrical clips and other random crap I didn't wanna deal with, so it was more of a patchwork job, but it did noticeably reduce panel vibration via the 'knock on wood' test.  I also slapped some patches on the outer skins while I was in there as well.

Speakers sound tighter, doors sound more solid upon closing.  Not bad for two rolls of roof flashing.  Kinda hard to tell if there's significant improvement on a road test as the A/B comparison was hours apart.  But I don't care.  I'll say it did much for health because I did it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 19, 2018, 06:50:09 PM
So I did that to Taco's doors this evening.  Didn't go as hardcore as you as Taco's doors have lots of bolts and electrical clips and other random crap I didn't wanna deal with, so it was more of a patchwork job, but it did noticeably reduce panel vibration via the 'knock on wood' test.  I also slapped some patches on the outer skins while I was in there as well.

Speakers sound tighter, doors sound more solid upon closing.  Not bad for two rolls of roof flashing.  Kinda hard to tell if there's significant improvement on a road test as the A/B comparison was hours apart.  But I don't care.  I'll say it did much for health because I did it.

Cool beans dude. I did the lower half of the outer skins, too. If I ever strip Dakota's interior, I'll probably do everywhere on the floor and behind the seats because my stupid exhaust is still loud. I really want a little subwoofer to emphasize bass guitar and bass drum badabooms.

CaminoRacer

I think on my El Camino I only did the outer skins.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Saving it for later ...

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

shp4man

So how come you don't drive the Fiesta? Just curious. It will answer your phone and get 35MPG.... :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: shp4man on January 02, 2019, 09:25:51 PM
So how come you don't drive the Fiesta? Just curious. It will answer your phone and get 35MPG.... :huh:

I don't have space for it at my house.

The birds eat berries and shit all over anything that is parked at my house.

I have a dirty job and I don't want to drive it to work and get the interior all dirty.

Removing the insurance and registration almost exactly pays for the storage container rental.

It's one of the last of its kind, so it should be preserved.

MrH

Do you have a loan on this thing?
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FoMoJo

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 02, 2019, 09:49:19 PM
I don't have space for it at my house.

The birds eat berries and shit all over anything that is parked at my house.

I have a dirty job and I don't want to drive it to work and get the interior all dirty.

Removing the insurance and registration almost exactly pays for the storage container rental.

It's one of the last of its kind, so it should be preserved.
Did you drive it in there?

How did you get out?  It looks like there's no room to open the door.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

shp4man

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 03, 2019, 08:29:05 AM

Fold down the back seat, climb out the trunk.  ;)

Just drove a 1.0L Ecoboost Focus yesterday. That motor should move a Fiesta pretty well.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MrH on January 03, 2019, 07:58:32 AM
Do you have a loan on this thing?

Maybe. Let me check.

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 03, 2019, 08:29:05 AM

There is two feet-ish on the driver's side. See those wooden ramps? I made those out of 2x12 boards. They hold a Fiesta.

Quote from: shp4man on January 03, 2019, 09:20:37 AM
Fold down the back seat, climb out the trunk.  ;)

Just drove a 1.0L Ecoboost Focus yesterday. That motor should move a Fiesta pretty well.

It feels and sounds like a V6 from the early 1990s, but with turbo lag and 40+ MPG.

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah, still got a loan on it.

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota's hood release cable broke.
To heck with that crummy latch.
I ordered some hood pins.

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mzziaz

The Ampera-E has driven almost 50k kms now. No problems so far. Wifey loves it.
Cuore Sportivo

68_427

The 1.0L is definitely laggy.  I drove it like I stole it and averaged 44mpg though.

I kinda wanna do that dampening shit in my Sierra.  Definitely the doors, although I feel the floor would really help the console subwoofer.  Maybe the doors of the vette too.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 68_427 on January 09, 2019, 07:42:57 PM
The 1.0L is definitely laggy.  I drove it like I stole it and averaged 44mpg though.

I kinda wanna do that dampening shit in my Sierra.  Definitely the doors, although I feel the floor would really help the console subwoofer.  Maybe the doors of the vette too.

You can do it. Crank up your sub and pay attention to anything that buzzes.

Eye of the Tiger

Edmunds TMV Private Party value of my Fiesta is $11,080 as of today. But the plummeting gas prices is going to kill its sales potential. Should I wait for gas prices to rise, or just sell it before it depreciates more from age? I dunno.

MrH

Having a car sit in a storage container is not a good idea.  Either drive it or sell it.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 11, 2019, 09:21:11 AM
You can do it. Crank up your sub and pay attention to anything that buzzes.

It's the OEM BLOSE sub there isn't much to crank up, but I'm sure it'll help.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on January 15, 2019, 08:02:24 PM
It's the OEM BLOSE sub there isn't much to crank up, but I'm sure it'll help.

It's worthwhile.

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota is like a Lexus now. Except the exhaust that sounds like a giant dirt bike.

Oh, and I JUST got my subwoofer in the mail. Installing this weekend.

Eye of the Tiger

Dakota's pooper fell out after I spun some tires this morning. So I put it back and actually welded it on. Clamps don't always work.
I got a nice Cloyes timing set coming from Rockauto, which recently started charging sales tax. Hiss boo. Anyway, Imma try to keep Dakota as my daily. I got Ranger a mastery cylinder rebuild kit, so I can finally finish it and put it up for sale. Still need to weld GMC's motor mount back to the frame. I need a fleet manager.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Rectum? Anus? Tailpipe? Exit only?