Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

12,000 RPM

Damn, speaking of listing bikes... had big dreams for mine. Still have a garage full of parts (RaceTech built shock, ZX6R forks, racing rearsets)... but I know I'm not going to be able to put it all together in time to get that one last ride in. Putting it back to stock and listing it this weekend. End of an era :cry:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Speed_Racer

Some quick pics. It was nice all day then the temp dropped to 43 and rainy while riding it home.

SVT_Power

Hoping to go pick up the SV this weekend. Gonna need a new battery 4 sho so gonna have to buy one tomorrow while shops are open. Then drive to my buddy's place ~3 hrs away, put it on a uhaul trailer and bring it back to base  :rockon:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CaminoRacer

I might just take mine to a shop and let them fix my revving issue and do a valve check.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

SVT_Power

w.t.f

we got snow here last night.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FoMoJo

That's just March going out like a very meek lion.  Had some here as well, but it's pretty well gone now.  Just enough to dirty the car.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Speed_Racer

Pet peeve: owners who replace halogen headlights w/ LED bulbs. They spray light everywhere except down the road. This is the second bike I have to revert back to OEM

12,000 RPM

Ha ha, I put an LED in my motorcycle headlight and it works great. No glare.

All LED bulbs are not created equal though. If it looks like a peeled pineapple it's gonna be garbage

Speed_Racer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 06, 2019, 06:45:00 PM

All LED bulbs are not created equal though. If it looks like a peeled pineapple it's gonna be garbage

Hah they were peeled pineapples.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 06, 2019, 06:45:00 PM

But I like pineapples.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 06, 2019, 10:24:06 PM
But I like pineapples.
I like turtles. Just not in my headlight

MX793

I see Suzuki has released a new, retro Katana that is styled to resemble the original, early 80s Katana.  Blech.  That was not a great era for motorcycle design (or car design).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Originality is at an all time low, and nostalgia is at an all time high. The bar for whether or not a retro model gets made is whether or not people remember it

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 07, 2019, 04:03:50 PM
Originality is at an all time low, and nostalgia is at an all time high. The bar for whether or not a retro model gets made is whether or not people remember it

I'm OK with some of the neo-retro designs.  But the era when somebody thought it looked cool to slap a rectangular sealed beam headlamp on a half-faired bike is not one I'd be trying to emulate.  The only thing uglier were the rectangular headlamped cruisers of that showed up in that time (like the Honda Magna).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Speed_Racer

Suzuki: Bring back the Katana WITH the popup headlight, then we'll talk

SVT_Power

Trailered the bike home last night, took it out this afternoon. First ride in probably almost 8 months. Fuck I missed it.

:wub:

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

SVT_Power

Went out to my bike earlier to notice a weird dark spot on the bike, then saw pretty quickly a drop forming on the oil filter. Apparently I didn't quite tighten it enough.

Thought I had a Harley for a second  :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 11, 2019, 08:57:33 PM
Went out to my bike earlier to notice a weird dark spot on the bike, then saw pretty quickly a drop forming on the oil filter. Apparently I didn't quite tighten it enough.

Thought I had a Harley for a second  :lol:

You should put a Lucas in it. It can't leak out if it's a semi-solid sticky goop. :lol:

Speed_Racer

I just wrapped up the sale of the V-Strom. It had quite a bit of interest which was surprising - it was on the market for a month or two before I bought it a few years ago.

MX793

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 12, 2019, 06:48:41 PM
I just wrapped up the sale of the V-Strom. It had quite a bit of interest which was surprising - it was on the market for a month or two before I bought it a few years ago.

What time of year did you buy it?  Spring is in the air, tax refunds are being handed out, and people are looking for summer toys for the coming warm months.  Always easy to sell a bike (or boat/jetski) in April.  Similarly (though sans the tax refund factor), snowmobiles always move most quickly right before or at the onset of winter.
Needs more Jiggawatts

SVT_Power

I'm starting to notice some sort of weird knee discomfort in my left leg when riding the SV for more than say an hour or two in a day. Pretty sure this never happened on the Ninja or the FZ, but I think I noticed this last summer as well.

The SV isn't that cramped (I'm also only 5'8), so not sure what's going on.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 14, 2019, 10:06:06 AM
I'm starting to notice some sort of weird knee discomfort in my left leg when riding the SV for more than say an hour or two in a day. Pretty sure this never happened on the Ninja or the FZ, but I think I noticed this last summer as well.

I had many discomforts when riding VStrom 12 hours/day, despite how comfy it was in the first few hours. You need highway pegs, or whatever Canaida calls them.

Speed_Racer

Quote from: MX793 on April 13, 2019, 07:13:34 AM
What time of year did you buy it?  Spring is in the air, tax refunds are being handed out, and people are looking for summer toys for the coming warm months.  Always easy to sell a bike (or boat/jetski) in April.  Similarly (though sans the tax refund factor), snowmobiles always move most quickly right before or at the onset of winter.

I bought it in June, it must have been past prime moto buying season.

BimmerM3

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 14, 2019, 10:06:06 AM

Maybe you're just older? :lol:

SVT_Power

Speed_Racer

Welp...may as well buy a Goldwing

Eye of the Tiger