2021 Kia Optima Unveiled In Korea As The K5 With Sleek Styling

Started by cawimmer430, November 12, 2019, 10:20:24 AM

cawimmer430

Looks pretty good, a little Peugeotish stylish cues here and there, but a handsome car.  :mrcool:

2021 Kia Optima Unveiled In Korea As The K5 With Sleek Styling

Kia wants to take the mid-size sedan segment by storm with the new generation Optima (K5 in South Korea).

Unveiled in its domestic market, where it will go on sale next month, the sixth-gen Optima has adopted a sleeker exterior styling, featuring a new interpretation of the Tiger Nose grille, slender headlamps with integrated DRLs that run back between the hood and front fenders and a muscular bonnet.

The car's aggressive lines run across its entire length and sides, while there's also a new lighting signature at the back, where the redesigned taillights are joined together by an LED light strip. The boot lid, rear bumper and diffuser with incorporated exhaust tips are also new, and the roofline is more arched towards the rear, giving it a sportier approach compared to its predecessor. Customers will get to choose between a wide selection of wheels, from 16- to 19-inch in size.

At 4,905 mm (193.1 in) long and 1,860 mm (73.2 in) wide, the new Optima is now 50 mm (2 in) longer and 25 mm (1 in) wider. The height has been dropped by 20 mm (0.8 in) to 1,445 mm (56.9 in) to create the low-slung profile, and the wheelbase has been extended from 2,805 mm (110.4 in) to 2,850 mm (112.2 in).

The interior is still being kept under wraps, but as we've seen in the official sketches, it sports big changes. The widescreen display sits in the middle of the dashboard, next to the digital instrument cluster. The center console has been fully redesigned and so has the multi-function steering wheel.

The European and American versions of the 2021 Optima should look virtually the same and will launch probably next year. Kia has one premiere for the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show, but we don't know what that is yet.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/2021-kia-optima-k5-uncovered-in-korea-with-sleek-styling/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

12,000 RPM

Interesting stuff, but still too big, too 4 cylinder, too FWD. Stingers are cheap and way more interesting to drive
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Very nice. Those weird headlight swooshes somehow work and adds to a great design. I love that the hood extends all the way and there's no front cut line.

MX793

I could live without the headlight swoosh going a third of the way up the hood.  Otherwise, I like the styling quite a bit.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on November 12, 2019, 03:44:28 PM
I could live without the headlight swoosh going a third of the way up the hood.  Otherwise, I like the styling quite a bit.

If that's missing the front would look to Peugeot 508ish IMO. That headlight swoosh gives it a different visual character and makes it look less Peugeotish IMO.  :ohyeah:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 12, 2019, 05:05:03 PM
If that's missing the front would look to Peugeot 508ish IMO. That headlight swoosh gives it a different visual character and makes it look less Peugeotish IMO.  :ohyeah:

Looks much better, especially the rear quarter.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

HurricaneSteve

Can't wait for the K9 and drive around with my dog in the back seat.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on November 15, 2019, 04:25:58 PM
Can't wait for the K9 and drive around with my dog in the back seat.

Is there going to be a K9?
Will purchase. For the dogs. Yes.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Raza

That looks great.  Good thing it's not going to have a manual and AWD or I'd be forced to confront my brand snobbery as I eventually buy something else.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.