Mustang Mach-E

Started by Payman, November 15, 2019, 04:12:33 AM

SJ_GTI

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2019, 01:08:29 PM
I'm still trying to find any remote resemblance to an actual Mustang beyond having 4 wheels and a roof

The styling is pretty clearly inspired by the current Mustang (IMHO).

FoMoJo

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 18, 2019, 01:09:50 PM
And they do have the little pony as the badge.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

GoCougs

This is a product planning and PR disaster.

Eye of the Tiger

A Mustang'd Fiesta would have been a better idea. Fiesta EXP!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

Hey, Dodge made Ram into its own marque *r0tor shrug*

Ford Mustang Mach-E
Ford Mustang F150
Ford Mustang Bronco
Ford Mustang Explorer

CaminoRacer

Marketing people have been off their rockers for a while. They love creating sub-brands. People have been saying Chevy should do it with the Corvette. Toyota already did it with the Prius. Ram did it.

It's all stupid and just creates confusion.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

shp4man

I can imagine the Ford marketing guys sitting around coming up with ideas.
One guy says, I know, let's build an electric station wagon! It'll be great.... we'll call it a Mustang!
Another guy says ....uhhh, but the Mustang isn't really...
Shut up! We'll tack a Mustang looking grill and tailights on it!

I'm a marketing genius !!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Laconian

Personally, I'm confused as to whether this is even a Ford product. Without a blue oval on the front, I just don't know to emotionally resonate with this experience. Can't Ford pick a name that begins with an F, to better relate this product to my consumer values?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2019, 01:08:29 PM
I'm still trying to find any remote resemblance to an actual Mustang beyond having 4 wheels and a roof

Tail lights; and a similar curve along the hoodline.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

I think it's weird about the name, but once again, no one else aside from Tesla is making a car like this at this price point. The other cars are either way smaller or more expensive by a lot.

At 43k for the base Mach E, that's a pretty good deal for the amount of car and range you're getting. It's directly comparable to the Model 3 and Model Y, but it looks better than those cars and likely won't feel homemade with bad ergonomics.

2o6

The real story is that the Bolt CUV is dead on arrival.

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on November 18, 2019, 11:23:23 AM
Oh no doubt about it, that's MUCH better!

He means the car. Don't make me get the hose.

GoCougs

Quote from: 2o6 on November 18, 2019, 03:27:24 PM
The real story is that the Bolt CUV is dead on arrival.

All EVs are effectively DOA, and this "Mustang" is the pinnacle of it.

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on November 18, 2019, 03:47:04 PM
All EVs are effectively DOA, and this "Mustang" is the pinnacle of it.

Just because you keep repeating the same thing doesn't make it true.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on November 18, 2019, 02:20:43 PM
Personally, I'm confused as to whether this is even a Ford product. Without a blue oval on the front, I just don't know to emotionally resonate with this experience. Can't Ford pick a name that begins with an F, to better relate this product to my consumer values?

Freestar
Fusion
F150
Fiesta
Festiva
Focus
Frenulum!

r0tor

Quote from: SJ_GTI on November 18, 2019, 01:09:50 PM

Just not seeing it... Looks more inspired by an old infiniti FX
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on November 18, 2019, 02:20:43 PM
Has Mustang ever had a blue oval?  Don't think so.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

r0tor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 18, 2019, 04:57:01 PM
Freestar
Fusion
F150
Fiesta
Festiva
Focus
Frenulum!

Festivus
Feces
Frankfurter
Fart Cannon
Free Mason
Fornicater
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MX793

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 18, 2019, 05:46:24 PM
Has Mustang ever had a blue oval?  Don't think so.

Fox bodies did.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FoMoJo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2019, 05:49:22 PM
Festivus
Feces
Frankfurter
Fart Cannon
Free Mason
Fornicater

Funeral

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FoMoJo

r0tor

FoMoJo

GoCougs

Quote from: 2o6 on November 18, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

Just because you keep repeating the same thing doesn't make it true.

Until it is true, it is false.

Just as with hybrids, some 20 years on, and pretty much nobody buys a hybrid that isn't a Toyota/Prius. And those that do, do so unknowingly or without choice (as in the new Audi A6, in which all trims are mild hybrid (to zero IRL benefit)).

EVs are simply too expensive - most consumers can afford them and no automaker can turn a profit making them. Those that legit want to be environmental will buy a used Civic or something, with the added benefit of saving $20k+.

Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

I eagerly await the Shelby GT100kWh edition.

FoMoJo

Quote from: GoCougs on November 18, 2019, 06:59:47 PM
Until it is true, it is false.

Just as with hybrids, some 20 years on, and pretty much nobody buys a hybrid that isn't a Toyota/Prius. And those that do, do so unknowingly or without choice (as in the new Audi A6, in which all trims are mild hybrid (to zero IRL benefit)).

EVs are simply too expensive - most consumers can afford them and no automaker can turn a profit making them. Those that legit want to be environmental will buy a used Civic or something, with the added benefit of saving $20k+.

EVs are now a reality for the foreseeable future.  The infrastructure is now underway.  For a time, it was fuel cell vehicles or EVs, EVs have proven a better choice.  As stated, at the time, hybrids were merely a stop-gap measure, as are small displacement turbo engines and the ridiculous 'displacement on demand' nonsense. 

Nothing is false, it merely awaits the means of achievement.  Electricity has unlimited supply and methods of capture and containment will continually improve.  The very nature of its existence promises this.