Ohio Traffic-Camera Law Takes Enforcement to Busy Freeways

Started by Klackamas, November 10, 2015, 03:16:29 AM

giant_mtb

Quote from: dazzleman on February 24, 2019, 08:13:26 AM
Was it a cash toll that you blew through without paying?

Yes.  I forget the circumstance, but I think I missed the pay lane and just said fuckit.  I'm not used to toll roads, so I was already like wtf is going on here...? :lol:

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

BimmerM3

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 24, 2019, 08:19:08 AM
No front license plate: you're good to go.

Is IL not smart enough to take a picture of the rear plate?

CO doesn't have cash lanes - they just send a bill to the address your plate is registered to if you don't have the windshield thing (though there is a surcharge if you don't have the windshield thing).

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 24, 2019, 08:35:16 AM
Yes.  I forget the circumstance, but I think I missed the pay lane and just said fuckit.  I'm not used to toll roads, so I was already like wtf is going on here...? :lol:

So you used the E-Z pass lane without an E-Z pass I guess.  Makes sense.

If they haven't sent you anything by now, they probably won't.

A few years ago, I did an illegal u-turn in front of a toll booth (long story, but I had missed my exit and wanted an easy way to turn back) and got a camera ticket for that.  The ticket arrived within a couple of weeks.  It was only $50, which was in the vicinity of the fines I used to pay back in the 1980s for speeding.  Total fucking joke.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 24, 2019, 09:52:22 AM
Is IL not smart enough to take a picture of the rear plate?

CO doesn't have cash lanes - they just send a bill to the address your plate is registered to if you don't have the windshield thing (though there is a surcharge if you don't have the windshield thing).

Something about Illinois law says they have to have a picture of the driver And the plate at the same time; without them, on out of state plates, they just don't bother usually.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 24, 2019, 10:19:30 AM
Something about Illinois law says they have to have a picture of the driver And the plate at the same time; without them, on out of state plates, they just don't bother usually.

Good to know.  I'mma blast through that shit every time I go down that way, then.  If they end up sending me a bill, so be it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 24, 2019, 10:36:15 AM
Good to know.  I'mma blast through that shit every time I go down that way, then.  If they end up sending me a bill, so be it.

If you show a pattern of abuse they might make an exception.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 24, 2019, 10:36:15 AM

The act of defiance in blasting a toll through without paying is fun.  It used to give me a big rush when I did it.  But with cameras, if you get a bill for $100 or so every time you blast through a $2 toll, that's not really worth it, unless you can tear up the bills without consequences.  When I used to do it, there were no cameras, so if there wasn't anybody there to nail you at the exact time you did it, you got away with it.  Cameras change the whole thing.  But with no front license plate, if you can blast through with impunity, have at it.  I would love to get the opportunity to do that.  :lol:

GoCougs

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 24, 2019, 08:19:08 AM
No front license plate: you're good to go.

In the Seattle area, the toll system is literally called, "Good To Go."

But the cameras snap pics both front and rear.

If you're caught overtly subverting the law - like a plate flipper - you'll get nailed with theft, fraud, etc., which can be a felony.

giant_mtb

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on March 05, 2019, 03:08:12 PM
In the Seattle area, the toll system is literally called, "Good To Go."

But the cameras snap pics both front and rear.

If you're caught overtly subverting the law - like a plate flipper - you'll get nailed with theft, fraud, etc., which can be a felony.

Do they use cameras ever to nail single person vehicles in the carpool lanes?

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on March 05, 2019, 03:15:55 PM
Do they use cameras ever to nail single person vehicles in the carpool lanes?

Yes, but it's actually a toll lane, not a carpool lane. If you're single, you get a nominal charge either in the mail or deducted from your account if you have the RFID pass on your windshield.

Morris Minor

Front license plates are an abomination. They ruin the look of the car, and the drag they cause is melting the polar ice caps.
Hug a tree and move to a state where no front plates are required
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

giant_mtb

Quote from: Morris Minor on March 05, 2019, 05:55:56 PM
Front license plates are an abomination. They ruin the look of the car, and the drag they cause is melting the polar ice caps.

Michigan. :rockon:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

My plates are still Kentucky because Utah requires front ones. Although they've proposed a change to the law to get rid of front plates. I emailed the legislature about it to voice support.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

BimmerM3

They're just license plates. :huh:

I never got the big deal.

Morris Minor

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 05, 2019, 05:56:37 PM
Michigan. :rockon:
"The Rugged Nineteen"

• Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Michigan
  • Mississippi
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • West Virginia
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Gotta-Qik-C7

LOL! Didn't bother to mount one to the front of my C6. Luckily I've never been stopped for it.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

Never put one on the front my Miata. I haven't been pulled over for it. The cops have probably grown numb to it thanks to the number of people that have moved in from out of state.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

dazzleman

Quote from: Laconian on March 06, 2019, 11:27:17 AM
Never put one on the front my Miata. I haven't been pulled over for it. The cops have probably grown numb to it thanks to the number of people that have moved in from out of state.

breaking the law...breaking the law...breaking the law....defiant rebel badass... :evildude:

JWC

I'm sure I'm on California's Ten Most Wanted; I left the state with over a half-dozen $2.00 parking tickets not paid. There might have been a $10.00 ticket from Santa Cruz.

dazzleman

Quote from: JWC on March 10, 2019, 03:01:06 PM
I'm sure I'm on California's Ten Most Wanted; I left the state with over a half-dozen $2.00 parking tickets not paid. There might have been a $10.00 ticket from Santa Cruz.

BADASS!!!!!  :lockedup:

Ir you're going to screw over a state, the best one is California.  Or maybe New York.  They deserve it the most.