Who Will Be the Next To Get a Ticket?

Started by dazzleman, March 25, 2006, 05:28:01 PM

J86

MX793

QuoteAnd I've never even had one of those. :praise:
I still stand that it was undeserved.  Basically, there was a road running adjacent to the parking lot I was in and there was no parking allowed in the street on that particular road.  I was on the very edge of the parking lot, along the road.  There was no line to indicate exactly where the road began and the parking lot stopped and my car was definately not jutting into what was obviously the roadway or impeding traffic.  At most, I had a tire right on the very edge of where the shoulder might have been had it been marked.  But it was only a $10 ticket and who disputes parking tickets anyway?  Wasn't like I was going to get any points on my license.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Now I dont know many of you too well yet, so I cant really say who will be next for sure, but if I had place my bet on someone it would more than likely be J86 just because of this post he made in my thread:

Dude, doing things that result in a potential criminal record is DEFINITELY the way to go!

"Life's too short to take seriously."
:lol:

I got a parking ticket three days ago...
Dude, you're really disappointing me.  :lol:

You talk all this brave talk about doing stuff that can land you in jail, and that's the best you can come up with?  I was expecting to hear about an interesting police chase, or something along those lines.  I'll go back to sleep now.  :P  :rockon:

[J/K, man -- I know you're on double secret probation now, with your last run-in with the law, and can't afford more trouble or you might get sent to the joint, or at least be obliged to report to a PO.... :lol: ]
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

QuoteBunch of do-gooders... :D
I know; ifcar and MX793 are such good boys.  Their mothers must be very proud.... :P   As for the rest of us.....I'd rather not say.... :lol:  
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TurboDan

QuoteIt would be pretty funny if Catman took a trip well off his turf and got nailed.  We could really bust his 'nads over that.  Probably won't happen, though.  <_<
Apparently, being a fellow cop means nothing in Virginia.  The VSP ticket officers from other states (and their own) regularly if they're above the limit.  Driving in Virginia is like dodging the highway-Gestapo.

There are been alot of problems in Florida too with fellow officers being pulled and ticketed, and even given warnings when they show their shield that they could be arrested for "impersonating a police officer" since they have no juridcitional powers in Florida.

There was a big discussion on this the other day on NYPD message board after a cop got nailed in FL for speeding.  They brought up one instance where FSP pulled over a MARKED CAR carrying local cops driving on the highway to another town in FL.

dazzleman

QuoteIt would be pretty funny if Catman took a trip well off his turf and got nailed.  We could really bust his 'nads over that.  Probably won't happen, though.  <_<
Apparently, being a fellow cop means nothing in Virginia.  The VSP ticket officers from other states (and their own) regularly if they're above the limit.  Driving in Virginia is like dodging the highway-Gestapo.

There are been alot of problems in Florida too with fellow officers being pulled and ticketed, and even given warnings when they show their shield that they could be arrested for "impersonating a police officer" since they have no juridcitional powers in Florida.

There was a big discussion on this the other day on NYPD message board after a cop got nailed in FL for speeding.  They brought up one instance where FSP pulled over a MARKED CAR carrying local cops driving on the highway to another town in FL.
In all fairness, that's probably the way it should be.

It's a small thing, but when you allow the police to be above the law in small ways, sometimes they take larger liberties too.  Dan, I'm sure you've read about the incidents in NYC of cops being involved in fatal off-duty drunk driving incidents, and their fellow officers covering up for them.

It's a natural thing to do, but highly detrimental to public confidence in the department.

J86

Now I dont know many of you too well yet, so I cant really say who will be next for sure, but if I had place my bet on someone it would more than likely be J86 just because of this post he made in my thread:

Dude, doing things that result in a potential criminal record is DEFINITELY the way to go!

"Life's too short to take seriously."
:lol:

I got a parking ticket three days ago...
Dude, you're really disappointing me.  :lol:

You talk all this brave talk about doing stuff that can land you in jail, and that's the best you can come up with?  I was expecting to hear about an interesting police chase, or something along those lines.  I'll go back to sleep now.  :P  :rockon:

[J/K, man -- I know you're on double secret probation now, with your last run-in with the law, and can't afford more trouble or you might get sent to the joint, or at least be obliged to report to a PO.... :lol: ]
Sorry to disappoint... :lol:

I can't afford to drive fast!  I get much better gas mileage at 75 than I do at 95...

IrishGuy

I'm going with Lebowski for my bet.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

saxonyron

I don't want to curse myself, but D-Man and Lebowski get my votes, with best odds on D-Man.  He seems to be the more criminally leaning - notice how he's always encouraging bad behavior from our choir-boy forum members.  I've got your number, D-Man!  Always easier to make yourself look better by dragging down those around you.  The libelous nature of some of your posts bring tears to my eyes!!  Well, better be on the lookout for some instant Karma.   :pullover: :ph34r:

:lol:  :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

QuoteI don't want to curse myself, but D-Man and Lebowski get my votes, with best odds on D-Man.  He seems to be the more criminally leaning - notice how he's always encouraging bad behavior from our choir-boy forum members.  I've got your number, D-Man!  Always easier to make yourself look better by dragging down those around you.  The libelous nature of some of your posts bring tears to my eyes!!  Well, better be on the lookout for some instant Karma.   :pullover: :ph34r:

Hah, thanks Sax.  I had that coming with the smack I've been talking about you, man.  :lol:

I do encourage bad behavior from the impressionable choir boys on this forum.  I know that without my urging, they'd never think of exceeding the speed limit.  It's not really about making myself look better, but about the whole strength in numbers theory.  If I'm going to break rules and get in trouble for it, I always want to have a few others with me.  It just makes me feel more comfortable with the whole thing.

Back when I was in HS and contemplating some major breach of the rules, I always made sure at least one of my friends participated with me, or I wouldn't do it.  That way if I got busted, and I did many times, I didn't hang alone.  

Even more recently, I remember breathing a sigh of life when I went to court for my last speeding ticket, and there was a long line of people there for the same reason.  I liked that a lot better than the times I went to some podunk court and there was only one other person there.  I don't like to be the center of attention in such a situation, and I feel (irrationally) as if the penalty is diluted when there are many people there sharing it.  :pullover:  

Raza

Psh, Daz is a feeble old man who drives a BMW because other people will think he's sporty.  If he finds "D" by pure luck, chances are he won't be able to use the gas pedal.

"Well, you see, the torque converter gets you moving without pushing the gas pedal down, that's how you don't stall.  You don't really need to use the gas peal for anything."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
It's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

And don't get me started on Lebowski!  He drives a Corvette in Florida.  Even if he gets clocked speeding, all he has to do is pull into a retirement home parking lot and duck, and the Corvette will get lost among all the other Corvettes down there.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

saxonyron

Hah, thanks Sax.  I had that coming with the smack I've been talking about you, man.  :lol:

I do encourage bad behavior from the impressionable choir boys on this forum.  I know that without my urging, they'd never think of exceeding the speed limit.  It's not really about making myself look better, but about the whole strength in numbers theory.  If I'm going to break rules and get in trouble for it, I always want to have a few others with me.  It just makes me feel more comfortable with the whole thing.

Back when I was in HS and contemplating some major breach of the rules, I always made sure at least one of my friends participated with me, or I wouldn't do it.  That way if I got busted, and I did many times, I didn't hang alone.  

Even more recently, I remember breathing a sigh of life when I went to court for my last speeding ticket, and there was a long line of people there for the same reason.  I liked that a lot better than the times I went to some podunk court and there was only one other person there.  I don't like to be the center of attention in such a situation, and I feel (irrationally) as if the penalty is diluted when there are many people there sharing it.  :pullover:
Hey, your sig says it all!  :lol: Misery loves company, and it's always a hell of a lot more fun getting into trouble with a buddy - you can tell a better story.

Now Josh, no more talk of parking tickets!  We're not looking for serious criminal behavior here, but really!  A parking ticket will only raise an eyebrow at the knitting club!  I've single handedly gotten enough parking tickets to lower the overall property tax rate in Boston by 1.7%!  :P

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

J86

Now Josh, no more talk of parking tickets!  We're not looking for serious criminal behavior here, but really!  A parking ticket will only raise an eyebrow at the knitting club!  I've single handedly gotten enough parking tickets to lower the overall property tax rate in Boston by 1.7%!  :P
I am beginning to rack up parking tickets, because I refuse to pay $60 for a parking pass for 6 more weeks of school...kinda rolling the dice and hoping they don't get sick of ticketing and tow me...(they don't know who owns the car cause it aint registered with the school!)

Raza

Now Josh, no more talk of parking tickets!  We're not looking for serious criminal behavior here, but really!  A parking ticket will only raise an eyebrow at the knitting club!  I've single handedly gotten enough parking tickets to lower the overall property tax rate in Boston by 1.7%!  :P
I am beginning to rack up parking tickets, because I refuse to pay $60 for a parking pass for 6 more weeks of school...kinda rolling the dice and hoping they don't get sick of ticketing and tow me...(they don't know who owns the car cause it aint registered with the school!)
In State College, they'll boot you too.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

J86

Now Josh, no more talk of parking tickets!? We're not looking for serious criminal behavior here, but really!? A parking ticket will only raise an eyebrow at the knitting club!? I've single handedly gotten enough parking tickets to lower the overall property tax rate in Boston by 1.7%!? :P
that sucks!

Raza

Now Josh, no more talk of parking tickets!  We're not looking for serious criminal behavior here, but really!  A parking ticket will only raise an eyebrow at the knitting club!  I've single handedly gotten enough parking tickets to lower the overall property tax rate in Boston by 1.7%!  :P
that sucks!
I know a guy who got booted.  I had two words for him.  

"Circular saw."

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

James Young

My last ticket was about 13 years ago, just south of Fredericksburg, TX.  In 46 years and about 2 million miles of driving, I?ve had about a dozen tickets, never for anything other than speeding and never for a dangerous speed.   And I've never had an at-fault crash.  For the record, I was stopped by the Texas DPS twice in one day last year but given warnings each time.  The troopers were more interested in what had happened to my front plate.
Freedom is dangerous.  You can either accept the risks that come with it or eventually lose it all step-by-step.  Each step will be justified by its proponents as a minor inconvenience that will help make us all "safer."  Personally, I'd rather have a slightly more dangerous world that respects freedom more. ? The Speed Criminal

dazzleman

QuotePsh, Daz is a feeble old man who drives a BMW because other people will think he's sporty.  If he finds "D" by pure luck, chances are he won't be able to use the gas pedal.

"Well, you see, the torque converter gets you moving without pushing the gas pedal down, that's how you don't stall.  You don't really need to use the gas peal for anything."
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Raza, you're a punk-ass kid who's barely out of diapers.  Where do you get off talking to a pro like me that way, man?  :lol:  

saxonyron

QuotePsh, Daz is a feeble old man who drives a BMW because other people will think he's sporty.  If he finds "D" by pure luck, chances are he won't be able to use the gas pedal.

"Well, you see, the torque converter gets you moving without pushing the gas pedal down, that's how you don't stall.  You don't really need to use the gas peal for anything."

Raza, you're a punk-ass kid who's barely out of diapers.  Where do you get off talking to a pro like me that way, man?  :lol:
Eh, Raza is hopelessly jealous of our experience and wisdom.   He just lashes out like that to cover his own feelings of inadequacy!  We should be more understanding.  :rockon:  :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

I was never very tolerant of parking tickets.  If I'm going to take the downside of a fine, I at least want what got me fined to be enjoyable.  And for me, there's no fun in illegal parking, and lots of fun in speeding.

That's why I can laugh off a speeding ticket, and get pissed if I get a parking ticket, even though the speeder generally costs more money.

dazzleman

QuotePsh, Daz is a feeble old man who drives a BMW because other people will think he's sporty.? If he finds "D" by pure luck, chances are he won't be able to use the gas pedal.

"Well, you see, the torque converter gets you moving without pushing the gas pedal down, that's how you don't stall.? You don't really need to use the gas peal for anything."

Eh, Raza is hopelessly jealous of our experience and wisdom.   He just lashes out like that to cover his own feelings of inadequacy!  We should be more understanding.  :rockon:  :lol:
Well, I'll try to be tolerant, but I'm so incredibly hurt by his comment.  I've been crying my eyes out since I read it.  :lol:  

sparkplug

I know a fella who kept speeding until his late 70's.

dazzleman

QuoteI know a fella who kept speeding until his late 70's.
He sounds like my kind of guy.  I hope to still be speeding when I'm in my late 70s.

saxonyron

QuoteWell, I'll try to be tolerant, but I'm so incredibly hurt by his comment.  I've been crying my eyes out since I read it.  :lol:

I was afraid that would happen.  I know if I was at the receiving end of such a biting comment, I'd be ruined for days.  He doesn't understand how he can hurt with his cruel words.  :(  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

93JC

No tickets for me... ever! Ha!

I think I'm due, personally. I go around (10 km/h) over all the time, save playground and school zones (30 km/h), to which I adhere all the time.

I've also parked illegally several times before and never gotten a ticket. There are three train stations near the University, two with their own lots, at which I've parked MANY times and simply walked away (illegal as hell). Theoretically parking services could have had my ass towed many times at one of the them, and a city bylaw officer could have given me tickets at the other.

Tom

QuoteNo tickets for me... ever! Ha!

I think I'm due, personally. I go around (10 km/h) over all the time, save playground and school zones (30 km/h), to which I adhere all the time.

I've also parked illegally several times before and never gotten a ticket. There are three train stations near the University, two with their own lots, at which I've parked MANY times and simply walked away (illegal as hell). Theoretically parking services could have had my ass towed many times at one of the them, and a city bylaw officer could have given me tickets at the other.
But they respect the 'Kee.

Raza

QuotePsh, Daz is a feeble old man who drives a BMW because other people will think he's sporty.  If he finds "D" by pure luck, chances are he won't be able to use the gas pedal.

"Well, you see, the torque converter gets you moving without pushing the gas pedal down, that's how you don't stall.  You don't really need to use the gas peal for anything."

I'll take just out of diapers instead just back in them, old timer.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

I won't rag on you as much, since you're the one on the forums with an A4 that isn't just a tarted up Passat (ahem, Tony!).  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

saxonyron

QuoteI'll take just out of diapers instead just back in them, old timer.
Comeback of the day!  Those punk-ass kids can be pretty damn clever!  :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan