GTCC Rules

Started by ifcar, May 13, 2005, 02:44:41 PM

ifcar

The premise is simple, a member posts a picture of a car, or a piece of a car, and other members try to guess what it is. Whoever guesses correctly first gets to create the next thread. The specifics:

-Each member can guess more than once in a thread, but they cannot have more than one unanswered guess at a time.

-Topic starters can provide hints, but they don't have to. However, if someone guesses a vehicle that is very close to the correct answer, or is identical to that vehicle in the view given, it's up to them to decide whether to say "pretty close" or to give it to the guesser right there.

-Topic starters, please PM one of the moderators of the GTCG forum (myself, GMPenguin, BMWDave, and TurboDan) with the correct answer if you don't think you'll be online enough to keep the guessing moving.

-Whoever correctly guesses the correct answer must post a new GTCG thread within 24 hours of correctly guessing the old one, or they will lose their turn, and whoever is online at that time can post.

-Once a thread is correctly guessed, that thread becomes locked.

-Topic starters should save all pictures to their own computer and upload them through ImageShack or another image hosting service, so that the URL doesn't provide unscrupulous members with hints.

-Only one guess per post, unless they are clones or different variants that are very much alike (i.e. previous-gen Monte Carlo and Lumina)

That should be all, but this can and probably will be edited to include additional information, as necessary.

giant_mtb

"and whoever is online can post it at that time"

you mean whoever's on can make a new GTCC thread?  What if we get like 3 going at once...?

ifcar

Quote"and whoever is online can post it at that time"

you mean whoever's on can make a new GTCC thread?  What if we get like 3 going at once...?
We never had that problem at the other forum, but I suppose that could become an issue here. We'll probably have to think of something better.

giant_mtb

you mean whoever's on can make a new GTCC thread?  What if we get like 3 going at once...?
We never had that problem at the other forum, but I suppose that could become an issue here. We'll probably have to think of something better.
I think maybe if nothing is done within 24 hours...it should be a moderator to start the new one.  Or you could have a rule that if there isn't one for 24 hours you can't just start one...you have to recieve a PM from a moderator or something telling you to being a new thread.

ifcar

you mean whoever's on can make a new GTCC thread?  What if we get like 3 going at once...?
I think maybe if nothing is done within 24 hours...it should be a moderator to start the new one.  Or you could have a rule that if there isn't one for 24 hours you can't just start one...you have to recieve a PM from a moderator or something telling you to being a new thread.
We have at least 24 hours to come up with something, and we might as well let TurboDan have some say in the matter.  ;)  

giant_mtb

We have at least 24 hours to come up with something, and we might as well let TurboDan have some say in the matter.  ;)
Allllllrighty then!  *jim carey*  :P  

GMPenguin

you mean whoever's on can make a new GTCC thread?? What if we get like 3 going at once...?
On our forum it was only mods or admins could start the new thread.  Also, I assumed you wanted to use the one guess per post rule so I added that. :)

ifcar

To lessen delays in GTCG response (telling whether or not the answer is correct) I propose a system in which the three mod-powered members of this section (myself, GMPenguin, and TurboDan) are PM'd the answer to the GTCG in case they aren't online (the situation we have now). Impatient member BMWDave brought this up, and I'd like to know what the rest of you think.  

BMWDave

QuoteTo lessen delays in GTCG response (telling whether or not the answer is correct) I propose a system in which the three mod-powered members of this section (myself, GMPenguin, and TurboDan) are PM'd the answer to the GTCG in case they aren't online (the situation we have now). Impatient member BMWDave brought this up, and I'd like to know what the rest of you think.
Dont make me sound like an old impatient bozo.... :o   :lol:  Its just our guesses havent been answered in almost a day :(

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

QuoteTo lessen delays in GTCG response (telling whether or not the answer is correct) I propose a system in which the three mod-powered members of this section (myself, GMPenguin, and TurboDan) are PM'd the answer to the GTCG in case they aren't online (the situation we have now). Impatient member BMWDave brought this up, and I'd like to know what the rest of you think.
Dont make me sound like an old impatient bozo.... :o   :lol:  Its just our guesses havent been answered in almost a day :(
Yeah...I'm not too happy with the wait either...(I suggested an idea in the thread)  :praise:  

BMWDave

Where are you GMPenguin?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteWhere are you GMPenguin?
Whoever gets this GTCG, PM me the correct answer. This is irritating here.

GMPenguin

I'm very sorry, I didn't think I would be gone.

ifcar

QuoteI'm very sorry, I didn't think I would be gone.
We know you weren't doing it just to be mean.  ;)  

BRealistic

A big thumbs up... wait, you don't have that smiley. Ok, then a big rock on for this forum area.

:rockon:

The reason I posted in this thread was because I think you need to add one thing to the rules: the posted must add a market where the vehicle was sold and supported new by the manufacturer. For example- without that, somebody could post a pic of a old Chinese clone that nobody would ever get because they would never know to look for a Chinese vehicle- and they choose some very odd names for their vehicles. Nothing against the Chinese. The Japanese companies did the same thing, and they learned a lot by reverse engineering.

-Bryan

ifcar

We have had, and found, several Chinese-market pseudo-clones. If you look through some of the threads, it can be a lot harder than that.