Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Galaxy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXGTLj2cw3w

That brings to mind Alonso's rant "Looking like amateurs" from a few years back.

afty

Quote from: Galaxy on September 04, 2019, 11:37:03 AM

i do not quite understand why both were such a sales flop. I guess anything with sliding doors is a sales killer, even if actually a good idea.
Remember the Nissan Axxess?

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Galaxy

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 04, 2019, 12:01:17 PM
They are ugly and cheap

So are many very successful cars. I have never been in a 1007, but the B-Max is not cheaper in feel then a Fiesta/Focus.

Quote from: afty on September 07, 2019, 03:25:53 PM
Remember the Nissan Axxess?

No, I had never heard of that car.

MX793

Quote from: Galaxy on September 08, 2019, 01:48:01 PM
No, I had never heard of that car.

I think it was called the Prairie in Europe.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

Don't buy a Kia Sorento.  Whoever engineered the blinker sound is a sadist that loves inducing stress.

NomisR

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 09, 2019, 07:57:14 AM
Don't buy a Kia Sorento.  Whoever engineered the blinker sound is a sadist that loves inducing stress.

what does it sound like?

giant_mtb

Quote from: NomisR on September 09, 2019, 10:20:46 AM
what does it sound like?

Like a high-pitched minor-key clock that's ticking too fast.

http://imgur.com/gallery/G5cM2LL

12,000 RPM

There is an easy solution to that :lol:

Sorento is actually top pick for MKX replacement unless something better comes around in the next 2-3 yrs
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Galaxy

The new Land Rover Defender looks good.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 09, 2019, 10:41:55 AM
There is an easy solution to that :lol:

Sorento is actually top pick for MKX replacement unless something better comes around in the next 2-3 yrs

Not a bad vehicle.  I don't see too many Kias in my detailing.  Got to actually drive this one as well.  Drove just about like any other modern crossover thingie.  Nice interior, plenty of cargo space.  This was a pre-2018 facelift model with ~27k on the clock.  I'm guessing it was a 4-cylinder as it sounded pretty anemic, but it scooted around just fine.  Only complaint I have is that there seemed to be a lot of tire noise, but that just may be due to the model of tire (Kumho Crugen), as all other road noise was adequately muted.

AutobahnSHO

My in-laws have a v6 Sorrento, huge sunroof, leather, lights in the doors and just comfy. From a passenger perspective.
Will

Eye of the Tiger

I only like the older truck Sorentos. I'd rather have a Sedons over the newer CUV Sorento.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 09, 2019, 12:55:57 PM
My in-laws have a v6 Sorrento, huge sunroof, leather, lights in the doors and just comfy. From a passenger perspective.
You are basically a passenger in the driver seat of any crossover. Might as well get a fancy one

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 09, 2019, 03:32:29 PM
You are basically a passenger in the driver seat of any crossover. Might as well get a fancy one

Like a Lexus. RX seats are so damn comfy.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

afty

We have a 2012 Sorento primarily because you guys suggested it way back when. It's ok. It's got the 3.5l V6 which is a pretty great engine, and it has a (tiny) third row which is useful for transporting small people. It was pretty cheap — $25k out the door — and has held its value pretty well. It's also been very reliable. My main complaint is that the ride is extremely harsh. I hope the newer ones have a softer suspension.

Laconian

The V6 hauls butt and sounds great!

Galaxy

SJ_GTI

Hah, I just saw the other thread in the fastlane. It looks so ridiculous.

12,000 RPM

Has BMW jumped onboard the illuminated grill craze yet?

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Galaxy on September 10, 2019, 01:37:33 AM

:facepalm:

With the apparent kerfuffle over pedestrian-killing SUVs that Wimmer tells me is a major concern in Germany, BMW is really asking for it by making their new grille a pair of matched coffin lids.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

12,000 RPM

Maybe those are coffin lids for the automotive industry. They are definitely coffin lids on BMW's design prowess.

CaminoRacer

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

A very China thing to do. Just because you can do it, means that you should do it.

Laconian

And... a tablet on the steering wheel.

What's with the hugging laowai in the display?

Soup DeVille

You made me look.

Also, why is the nav showing Frankfurt, but the weather Shanghai?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Payman

Quote from: Laconian on September 10, 2019, 08:19:20 PM
And... a tablet on the steering wheel.

What's with the hugging laowai in the display?

It's the image of your parents, hugging in grief as you drive off the cliff you didn't see, and the airbag blasts an iPad through your skull.

Payman

Fuck, I wonder if you can play Gran Turismo on it while driving.  :dance: