GTCC 840

Started by Eye of the Tiger, April 14, 2015, 12:03:28 PM

Eye of the Tiger

I'm taking this one, since nobody else is.

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

50s Ford something?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

I can tell you the radiator is a Ford.

hotrodalex

Eye of the Tiger

Payman

93JC

Quote from: Rockraven on December 02, 2015, 06:06:50 AM
Willys/Bantam Jeep?

That's a damn good guess. In the event you're close, I'm going to guess Ford GPW and steal this one from you.

Payman

Quote from: 93JC on December 07, 2015, 06:08:51 PM
That's a damn good guess. In the event you're close, I'm going to guess Ford GPW and steal this one from you.

Doesn't match the GPW... from what pics I could find anyways. I say either Willys or Bantam because Ford built them in their factories because neither had the required production capacity.

93JC

Yeah, Ford was brought in to build more of them... and they called them GPWs. :tounge: The GPW and Willys MB are almost indistinguishable.

I have a feeling this is younger than that though, I don't think Ford used that "FoMoCo" branding until later. '60s maybe?

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah... so, um...  ok. It is actually a 1980s model Manitou rough terrain forklift that is powered by a 3-cyl Ford diesel engine. It looks a bit like this:

Payman

Goddamn it. That was my next guess.

Eye of the Tiger

I didñ't mean to take that away from you. I tell you what, you can go ahead and start the next one.

93JC