Wide-Bodied Acura NSX A Ticket To JDM Paradise Or Not?

Started by cawimmer430, July 30, 2019, 08:47:17 AM

cawimmer430

How to ruin a nice car...

Is this Wide-Bodied Acura NSX A Ticket To JDM Paradise Or Not?

It's not everyday you come across a highly-modified 1991 Acura NSX that looks like it had a whole catalogue of JDM bits thrown at it, much less so to be offered in an auction.

This particular example, currently going under the hammer over at Bring A Trailer, has been with the current owner since 2005 and currently has covered 40k miles.

The modifications took place under the previous owner and were commissioned by Japan's Endless Brakes who were reportedly sponsoring the build. These include a widebody kit from BSM, which according to the seller is one of the just two examples produced, with the other car being located in Tokyo.

The bodywork mods are pretty extensive and include a roof scoop, side skirt extensions, fixed headlights, four round taillights and that massive fixed rear wing to name a few. The custom NSX rides on Enkei RPF1s measuring 17 inches at the front and 18 inches at the back in diameter while the brake system comes from Endless, with multi-piece rotors and upgraded calipers all around.

The 3.0-liter V6 has been fitted with a CT Engineering supercharger, ECU tune and a custom exhaust with four tips, as well as a Comptech intake. The upgraded Honda V6 engine produced on a dyno 351hp.

The chassis has also been fitted with adjustable Zeal coilover suspension, which features an air-lift system up front, and an aftermarket brace on the engine bay. The car has passed a California emissions test in April 2018.

The interior features an upgraded audio system and a set of aftermarket steering wheel and shift knob from Nardi but it retains the factory black leather seats and even an NSX-branded car phone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say and they are right, and the fact that this highly-personalized 1991 Acura NSX is offered at no reserve will definitely make things easier for it to find a new, loving home.

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/is-this-wide-bodied-acura-nsx-a-ticket-to-jdm-paradise-or-not/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Wide-body kits look awkward when you don't shove the wheels out to compensate.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Submariner

I get what they were going for, but the kit looks really cheap and tacked-on.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

cawimmer430

Quote from: Submariner on July 30, 2019, 08:57:32 AM
I get what they were going for, but the kit looks really cheap and tacked-on.

If the article had not been as specific about the origins of this car, I would have thought someone had RICED OUT an Acura NSX.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

12,000 RPM

Someone got an OG NSX and thought, "nah, too beautiful. Must mutilate"
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 30, 2019, 08:59:09 AM
If the article had not been as specific about the origins of this car, I would have thought someone had RICED OUT an Acura NSX.

They did.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs