C7 Corvette

Started by Cookie Monster, December 29, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

Catman

I can't imagine the interior being lousy this time.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 30, 2012, 08:38:22 AM
17 is probably the air bag.

It actually is a video screen, and is supposed to include GM's newest in air bag technology. In a collision, a video of an airbag is displayed. It is guaranteed to prevent common injuries caused by real air bag deployments.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Catman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 30, 2012, 09:27:49 AM
It actually is a video screen, and is supposed to include GM's newest in air bag technology. In a collision, a video of an airbag is displayed. It is guaranteed to prevent common injuries caused by real air bag deployments.

Is it a retina display?  4572 x 1950 would be good.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Catman on December 30, 2012, 09:30:41 AM
Is it a retina display?  4572 x 1950 would be good.

Some kind of proprietary GM display that uses 100% organic plasma with a non-standard pixel size.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Payman

68_427

Quote from: Rockraven on December 30, 2012, 09:18:14 AM
Looks like the Solstice interior, which isn't promising.

You mean facelifted C4 interior?

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Yes, Corvettes must always have round taillights.

sportyaccordy

I'm shocked... the C6R had leaf springs. I guess if it ain't broke....

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Lebowski on December 30, 2012, 07:30:29 AM
I generally like it, but am not a big fan of the rectangular tail lights.  Corvette taillights should always be 4 round.

The leaf springs don't bother me, particularly if packaging is the reason they go that way as I've read (for those that actually buy the car, the decent trunk space is nice and was a big reason why the C6 was the only 2-seater I seriously considered as a daily driver back in '05-'06).
That hatch area is huge for a 2 seat sports car. It easily swallowed all my groceries or luggage and gear when I made my cabin trips. As far as the Taillights I hope they're not the exact same ones that Chevy uses on the Camaro but but I don't mind them not being round.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Payman

This David Kimble drawing shows the C6 suspension pretty good. The whole assembly is tight and low (everything is within the wheel diameter), and the front and rear leafs replace the coils of other sports cars. Are coils more technologically advanced than composite leaf springs?

S204STi

Quote from: Rockraven on December 30, 2012, 09:20:00 AM
I hope you're wrong.

In a car like this... not bothered by it.

giant_mtb

Quote from: S204STi on December 30, 2012, 11:27:07 AM
In a car like this... not bothered by this.

That avatar you've got........LOL.

S204STi

lol... keep forgetting to change it back.  Later.

S204STi

Quote from: Rockraven on December 30, 2012, 11:22:25 AM
This David Kimble drawing shows the C6 suspension pretty good. The whole assembly is tight and low (everything is within the wheel diameter), and the front and rear leafs replace the coils of other sports cars. Are coils more technologically advanced than composite leaf springs?

No, and don't get me wrong: still an amazing car.  The racing versions get coil overs, which are better for tuning on the track.  That's my only "gripe".  I'd still take one in a heartbeat.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I got a pic of tach and info screen in the C7 but my effing photobucket won't log in.

giant_mtb

Quote from: S204STi on December 30, 2012, 11:38:08 AM
lol... keep forgetting to change it back.  Later.

No, no.  Change not.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: S204STi on December 30, 2012, 11:38:51 AM
No, and don't get me wrong: still an amazing car.  The racing versions get coil overs, which are better for tuning on the track.  That's my only "gripe".  I'd still take one in a heartbeat.
They don't get coilovers, just different leaf springs. It seems stupid as hell to me but apparently it works

Catman

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 30, 2012, 12:00:26 PM
They don't get coilovers, just different leaf springs. It seems stupid as hell to me but apparently it works

So it works but its stupid?

S204STi

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 30, 2012, 12:00:26 PM

Really?  The older C6R had coilovers, I thought.  Or maybe not.

sportyaccordy

Payman

Quote from: sportyaccordy on December 30, 2012, 12:15:38 PM
Its needless complexity.

What??? The beauty is its simplicity.

Lebowski

Catman

Leaf springs aren't complex.

Onslaught

Not complex at all. Why is it we all think we know better then the people who build these things?

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Onslaught on December 30, 2012, 12:41:43 PM
Not complex at all. Why is it we all think we know better then the people who build these things?
+1!

S204STi

Quote from: Onslaught on December 30, 2012, 12:41:43 PM

The racing team apparently doesn't like them, so...

Look, it's like Mac Struts in terms of being a packaging compromise.  A well-engineered compromise, but one nonetheless.  And like with Porsche's use of struts (and BMW's) it works well.

For a street car I guess I don't care, but I find it intriguing, if I were in the market, for them to engineer one with coilovers for racing use.  I think that's the one main reason why I would prefer the Viper.

Still, I'd own one of these.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Rockraven on December 30, 2012, 12:18:13 PM
What??? The beauty is its simplicity.
How is a multilayer multi material transverse leaf spring, with its polynomial force/deflection relationship, simpler than a 1 material linear force/deflection coil spring?

GoCougs

Guys, the Corvette's leaf springs are much more complex than a coil; in manufacturing (multiple layers, epoxy, curing), in design (variable rate in a leaf) and in application (acts as a roll bar, dealing with L/R cross talk).

Payman

Quote from: GoCougs on December 30, 2012, 01:00:30 PM
Guys, the Corvette's leaf springs are much more complex than a coil; in manufacturing (multiple layers, epoxy, curing), in design (variable rate in a leaf) and in application (acts as a roll bar, dealing with L/R cross talk).

So why the lol?