Oh r0tor...

Started by cawimmer430, November 18, 2019, 08:04:12 AM

cawimmer430

Give in to the temptation. You know you want it. :praise:

Gorgeous Red Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Is Seeking Its New Owner

Right now, Alfa Romeo might not be in the best of shapes, but a few years back it used to manufacture some machines that got petrolheads' hearts racing.

One of them was the 156 GTA, which took Walter de Silva's sensuous shape and pumped it up with flared arches, new bumpers and side skirts, as well as larger alloys. The interior was dolled up too, with heavily-bolstered front seats, among other things, but the best part found under the sculpted hood.

You see, the 156 GTA was one of the last Alfas to use the famous "Busso" V6, which in this iteration had a displacement of 3.2 liters and was driving the front wheels. Sure, its 250 PS (246 HP) meant it was no match for, say, BMW's M3, but its howl, especially at high revs, more than made up for that.

Now, one red example, dating back to 2005, is up for sale at mobile.de. Despite being 14 years old, it has only covered 15,000 km (9,320 miles). As per the ad's description, it's a one owner's car in perfect condition inside and out that, when not used as a "summer vehicle" was parked in a garage, and has no scratches or dents – and, perhaps more importantly, comes with a six-speed manual gearbox.

The seller states that he changed the engine oil every year and has put on a new timing belt. They have also made some changes, which include white side indicators, a CSC exhaust system from KAT (original system still available), a K&N air filter, Stainless steel Scudetto from the 156 series Edizione Sportiva. As he says, he still has a lot of the original accessories, such as the original, spoked rim set (as you can see, it currenly sits on the "phone dial" ones), complete set door sills with aluminium insert and more.

The asking price is 42,000 euros (US$46,500 at current exchange rates), which is not exactly a bargain. Then again, this is a fine piece of Alfa's history, and in pristine condition at that. So, what say you – are you still interested?

Link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/11/gorgeous-red-alfa-romeo-156-gta-is-seeking-its-new-owner/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

Have to put it on the shipping list in 10 years when the import restrictions are up!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Quote from: r0tor on November 18, 2019, 09:21:23 AM
Have to put it on the shipping list in 10 years when the import restrictions are up!

This would make a nice winter performance car for ya. ;)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

I'm almost certain his Giulia is AWD

I'd rather have this V6 in something RWD
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

The 156s are nice looking, but if one were to lust after a classic Alfa, this wouldn't be it.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 19, 2019, 11:24:39 AM
The 156s are nice looking, but if one were to lust after a classic Alfa, this wouldn't be it.

Which one then?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on November 19, 2019, 12:02:51 PM
Which one then?

A Montreal, Alfetta, any number of the better variations of the Giullietta, and those are just the attainable ones; I personally lust after the GTV6, but that's probably something my therapist has underlined in red in hopes of naming a new neuroses.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 19, 2019, 12:13:56 PM
A Montreal, Alfetta, any number of the better variations of the Giullietta, and those are just the attainable ones; I personally lust after the GTV6, but that's probably something my therapist has underlined in red in hopes of naming a new neuroses.
Late '50s (57-59) Giullietta Spider and Sprint I find irresistible.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SJ_GTI

Its nice looking, but the Giulia looks nicer IMHO. From the prior models, I thought the 159 sedan looked nicer too.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 19, 2019, 12:13:56 PM
My only memory of a GTV6 is one rusting away in my Italian college roommate's backyard. I also remember the EVO buyer guide for these cars unloading a deluge of potential problems.

I almost wonder if modding a reliable V6 to sound like the Busso would be a better investment.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 19, 2019, 01:11:43 PM
My only memory of a GTV6 is one rusting away in my Italian college roommate's backyard. I also remember the EVO buyer guide for these cars unloading a deluge of potential problems.

I almost wonder if modding a reliable V6 to sound like the Busso would be a better investment.

Well, I noted it may be a novel form of mental illness.

But, the engine is fairly reliable. The major problems with them are rust, the inboard brakes which nobody makes parts for, the rear mounted transaxle, and the driveshaft being a bitch to balance.

mzziaz

The only thing wrong with the GTA is FWD. It would have been perfect, otherwise.
Cuore Sportivo

r0tor

Old school Giulia GTV would be sweet
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Who wants a low mileage 1993 Alfa Romeo 164 2.0 V6 5-speed M/T sedan for only 14,900 Euros?  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Submariner

Look at that W124 cabriolet!  :wub:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550